Who is the "BOOM HIRE" that EagleDamnWar speaks of

tbone4jc

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not Muschamp. I do not think EDW and Tate were thinking about WM's nickname in the posts/ tweets. Just coincedence.Some are reading too much into it.

he would be a moron to leave. From an objective standpoint it would be like trading in your cadillac for a chevy....same maker, different quality. Same conference, different quality. Florida is a better job than Auburn.

Who won the AU vs UF game last season? Seems that it was AU. And what was UF record last season/ 7-6....so tell me again why he we should

shower a lot of money on Muschamp?

It's not Muschamp. I do not think EDW and Tate were thinking about WM's nickname in the posts/ tweets. Just coincedence.Some are reading too much into it.

Wild imaginations tonight.

People are so desperate for something positive.

Wild imaginations tonight.

People are so desperate for something positive.

Definitely desperate for some good news pertaining to Auburn Football! Think we all need some!!

For peats sake!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Will Muschamp but come on guys

1st year at Florida he went 7-6 and wins a bowl. Losses against Bama 38-10, LSU 41-11, and Auburn

2nd year 7-1 thus far

More than likely 0 NC, 0 Undeated teams, 0 division titles, 0 SEC titles

We have such a short term memory...

Gene Chizik

1st year at Auburn he went 8-5 and wins a bowl. Losses to Bama 26-21 and LSU 31-10

2nd year 14-0

In 2 years 1 NC, 1 Undefeated team, 1 division title, 1 SEC title, 2-0 bowl record

yes but in 2 years he has shown a commitment to the run game and great defenses....neither of which chizik has accomplished. AND twice he has changed the offensive style without a lack luster transition....something else chizik couldn't do.

We are talking offenses at Florida right? The same team that had offensive players recruited by Urban Meyer right?

The same Florida offense that was always in the top 25 with the exception of "the rebuild" year in which Florida used tons of under classmen. (which was 2010 for people that only follow Auburn)

2007 14th total offense

2008 15th total offense

2009 6th total offense

2010 83rd in total offense (can't use youth as an excuse so we will just say that Urban forgot how to coach)

enter Will

2011 105th total offense

2012 102nd total offense

Not seeing where you are going with the offense thing

Seriously, anyone consider that Charlie Strong may be considered a big hire to some?

I think he would be and I think he could win at AU, but I don't think this would be at the level JGT is making it sound. He said it could be on the level of Saban. That means it would have to be someone with lots of head coaching experience at a winning program.

For peats sake!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Will Muschamp but come on guys

1st year at Florida he went 7-6 and wins a bowl. Losses against Bama 38-10, LSU 41-11, and Auburn

2nd year 7-1 thus far

More than likely 0 NC, 0 Undeated teams, 0 division titles, 0 SEC titles

We have such a short term memory...

Gene Chizik

1st year at Auburn he went 8-5 and wins a bowl. Losses to Bama 26-21 and LSU 31-10

2nd year 14-0

In 2 years 1 NC, 1 Undefeated team, 1 division title, 1 SEC title, 2-0 bowl record

yes but in 2 years he has shown a commitment to the run game and great defenses....neither of which chizik has accomplished. AND twice he has changed the offensive style without a lack luster transition....something else chizik couldn't do.

We are talking offenses at Florida right? The same team that had offensive players recruited by Urban Meyer right?

The same Florida offense that was always in the top 25 with the exception of "the rebuild" year in which Florida used tons of under classmen. (which was 2010 for people that only follow Auburn)

2007 14th total offense

2008 15th total offense

2009 6th total offense

2010 83rd in total offense (can't use youth as an excuse so we will just say that Urban forgot how to coach)

enter Will

2011 105th total offense

2012 102nd total offense

Not seeing where you are going with the offense thing

while the offenses are not great, he's changed it while still managing to be a good team. I'm not saying their offense is great, but they function well enough that his team can be in the top 10.....unlike Chizik

while the offenses are not great, he's changed it while still managing to be a good team. I'm not saying their offense is great, but they function well enough that his team can be in the top 10.....unlike Chizik

If 6 turnovers in 1 game is functioning well enough to win then we should keep Chiz. Just saying!!!

I love a Will coached defense but I am not buying the HC kool aid just yet. Let's talk after the FSU game ok?

If 6 turnovers in 1 game is functioning well enough to win then we should keep Chiz. Just saying!!!

I love a Will coached defense but I am not buying the HC kool aid just yet. Let's talk after the FSU game ok?

are you kidding me?! they're in the TOP 10, we're not! He's obviously doing something right with a system that is entirely different than Urban Meyer's

are you kidding me?! they're in the TOP 10, we're not! He's obviously doing something right with a system that is entirely different than Urban Meyer's

I agree, Will has them going in the right direction and they are light years ahead of us at this moment. He turned them around pretty quickly. We would all to be happy with how they sit right now.

I agree, Will has them going in the right direction and they are light years ahead of us at this moment. He turned them around pretty quickly. We would all to be happy with how they sit right now.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that when Chizik and Muschamp took over both were given tons of talent. Chizik took over a team that was already being converted to a spread in the previous season and did so with Gus Malzahn. 4 years later he's changing the offense to a pro-style with his players and a no-name coordinator just like Muschamp is doing, but with much better results.

Archived