What if we do move to Number 2

AU4Ever

Just reading an ESPN article that talks about AU being right on OUs tail in the polls. Got to thinking if we do go 12-0, overtake OU and move into no 2, and OU remains undefeated. Whoever wins the OB claims an NC. But if OU wins in their bowl game, we end up right where USC and LSU did last year. Split championship. Same thing happens if we don't overtake them, but remain undefeated. OU and USC play in the OB, we end up in the Sugar against whoever, maybe Wisconsin again. We win. We're 13-0. Who ever wins the OB is also undefeated. Again, split championship.

And for all you 'take them one at a time' screamers, I realize we must win out to do this, and I realize that we play UGA this weekend, and I promise I'm not taking my eyes off of UGA. I'm concentrating almost totally on UGA, but did let my mind wander just for one miniscule period and the above question is where it wandered to.

I'm not sure if you can guarantee a split crown if USC wins out. I don't think there a notch above everyone else but many do. I could see them winning both polls if they win out even if there is another undefeated team.

PCAuburnRunner - "to me if ok dosent lose then were going to be left out"

Can you please explain this a bit more? Why TO YOU are we going to be left out?

I feel like we will be left out.. since we have only beaten 2 teams that have above .500 records.. and we are around .400 pts behind OK in the BCS.. but if we beat Georgia, Alabama, then the team in the SEC CG.. then I feel like we will have enough to jump them.. but I believe that if we win out.. our fate is in the hands of the pollers.. we need to atleast be 2nd in one of the polls.

Archived