Forget about BCS NC game

Aubie7

Let's face it,...even IF we go undefeated, we still won't play for the MNC in the Orange Bowl. The voters are just simply not going to give us the chance. And, unlike USC last year, we won't be ranked #1 in the AP poll, so there won't be a split championship like last year. The best we can hope for is to go undefeated and win the Sugar Bowl, finish #2 in both polls and wait 47 more years for another shot!

Your wrong....even without the respect from coaches....Auburn can very well win out, and finish #2 in the bcs...and thats what matters. What do you expect on an auburn off week? A parade? Just dont give up the hope. (By the way, your also wrong about finishing 1st...if Usc lost the National championship, we could very well have 2 different #1s in 2 polls based on auburns performance in a bowl game).

Let's face it,...even IF we go undefeated, we still won't play for the MNC in the Orange Bowl. The voters are just simply not going to give us the chance. And, unlike USC last year, we won't be ranked #1 in the AP poll, so there won't be a split championship like last year. The best we can hope for is to go undefeated and win the Sugar Bowl, finish #2 in both polls and wait  47 more years for another shot!

118880[/snapback]

:o :huh:

as posted by Boss in another thread

USC: 1514 (1516)

Oklahoma: 1452 (1459)

Auburn 1416 (1409)

Wisconsin 1289 (1262)

Georgia 1233 (1221)

California 1203 (1200)

We went from 50 points behind Oklahoma to 36. With Oklahoma's easy schedule the rest of the way and out togh schedule, I would say we have a great chance at #2, should we win out.

We go up in the polls....ON AN OFF DATE! Just think what happens when we beat the #5 and #8 team in the country. I guarantee if we beat UGA this weekend we will eventually move infront of OU.

:homer:

Some of y'all (me included) need to have some more patience. No, we're not being treated right in the polls especially after yesterday. OSU and A&M could have made our lives easier by not turning the ball over so much, but they didn't. OU is starting to get exposed, hopefully that will take care of itself.

I think the big reason we're not getting poll credit is because we have the toughest remaining schedule ahead of us. Two HUGE rivalry games, one with an elite team, the other with a very good one, stand in our way before the regular season is even over. The voters realize that this is a difficult task, and are waiting (hopefully) to see if and how we overcome it before they give us due credit. Why would they take the chance of ranking someone high one week, with a lingering possibilty that the next week they might have to rank them 12 spots down? Plus, we had a bye week... We did about as good as you can in the polls for not playing.

After getting over the frustration of yesterday's games, I can't help but wonder if an AU UW matchup wouldn't be the best game in the Orange Bowl. USC let a completely one dimensional, sub par football team hang with them for an entire game, minus a few plays. OU has struggled for the 2nd week in a row for an entire game against a team they should have beaten solidly. Both of the teams were very fortunate their opponents don't like to retain possession of the football in critical situations.

Give it two more weeks. If we win (espescially win big) over UGA and UA, we will be #2.

Here is what we should be thinking about now in the following order:

1. Georgia

2. Alabama

3. SEC Champs

4. Orange Bowl

Once we can check one off, then we can think about the next one. Thinking in any other order besides that is being silly, presumptious, and basically sets yourself up for eating a lot of crow. I know there are some that thinks that talking about it so much is showing "confidence" in your team, and there is nothing wrong with that, but sometimes too much confidence becomes "arrogance". I know it has been along time since we have had this much positive to go on with our team and I am as excited as every :au: supporter out there. However, as a lifeling Red Sox fan and :au: supporter, it is in my nature to hesitate to about it until we are there. I am even more cautious now because so far this year every team that I support has won it all (Red Sox, Bush), so I am afraid of a let down. <_< Fortunately, the players have a better philisophy then most of us fans- "One game at at time". :D

War Eagle!!!!

Yeah I was talking to a friend of mine today about the AU ranking and whether or not OU should have slipped behind AU...

but i think it would be unfair to drop OU in the polls when they win a game on the road against a ranked team.

I really think there is a lot of football left and the situation will work itself out one way or the other.

I'm surprised that we even gained ground on OU this weekend. They win, even though we all will say not convincingly, and we are idle. How many times have we seen an idle team fall in the polls??

Yeah I was talking to a friend of mine today about the AU ranking and whether or not OU should have slipped behind AU...

but i think it would be unfair to drop OU in the polls when they win a game on the road against a ranked team.

I really think there is a lot of football left and the situation will work itself out one way or the other.

118908[/snapback]

Wow~ What a shock! :D

I . on the other hand, have not talked with anyone about uat. :poke:

Your wrong....even without the respect from coaches....Auburn can very well win out, and finish #2 in the bcs...and thats what matters.  What do you expect on an auburn off week?  A parade?  Just dont give up the hope.  (By the way, your also wrong about finishing 1st...if Usc lost the National championship, we could very well have 2 different #1s in 2 polls based on auburns performance in a bowl game).

118885[/snapback]

If USC loses, then OU will be#1 in both polls.

:au: I'm with Ranger. We play UGA this weekend in Jordan-Hare. One at a time. I hope the team isn't looking ahead like the fans are, if so they are in trouble! :au:

Here is what we should be thinking about now in the following order:

1. Georgia

2. Alabama

3. SEC Champs

4. Orange Bowl

Once we can check one off, then we can think about the next one. Thinking in any other order besides that is being silly, presumptious, and basically sets yourself up for eating a lot of crow. I know there are some that thinks that talking about it so much is showing "confidence" in your team, and there is nothing wrong with that, but sometimes too much confidence becomes "arrogance". I know it has been along time since we have had this much positive to go on with our team and I am as excited as every  :au:   supporter out there. However, as a lifeling Red Sox fan and  :au: supporter, it is in my nature to hesitate to about it until we are there. I am even more cautious now because so far this year every team that I support has won it all (Red Sox, Bush), so I am afraid of a let down.  <_< Fortunately, the players have a better philisophy then most of us fans- "One game at at time". :D

War Eagle!!!!

118907[/snapback]

Amen!!!! (except for the BoSox thing...Go Braves! :poke: )

Archived