Alabama's #1 Defense?

moe

the whole #1 defense in the nation is very deceptive.  They have the #1 defense in the  in terms of yardage  but in terms of scoring defense they are nowhere close to #1.  The reason the deense hasn't given up much yardage is b/c of the field position game and their offense is losing.  The bama offense has given the ball up in their own territory therefore it doesn't take as many yards for their opponents to score.....

118990[/snapback]

Using that logic, wouldn't also be easy to say that's why the scoring defense isn't as low as it should be? Because the opponent doesn't have to go 50 yards to score? I mean, the opponent could get a turnover on the 25, gain no yards, and still get an easy 3 on the score board.

Also, bama is #6 in scoring defense. That's pretty close to #1. AU is giving up 4 less points a game than bama.

118991[/snapback]

A true Democrat if I have ever heard one! Spin it baby Spin it! :roflol:

119008[/snapback]

Actually Republican. So it's ok to use "spin" to say that bama's numbers are deceptive, but it's not ok to use the same "spin" to boost another stat?

Bama has a good defense.  One of the best we'll face this year.  Our defense is better at not giving up points and isn't exactly a slouch on the yardage thing either.  I'd call it a draw.  And given that our offense is more balanced, that's a draw I'll take any day of the week.

119020[/snapback]

I agree with that 100%. If any of you go back and look at my post about UA's defense, you will see that I NEVER said UA's was better than AU's. I've also stated that both are playing very good. The problem is, some people think if they say bama's defense is deceptive every week, eventually one week bama will have a let down. THEN, they'll be able to say "I told ya so".

Not even thinkin' about the team from the smaller school in west al. :big:

Thinking ONLY of the puppies!

WAR EAGLE....O N E at a time! :au:

I dont know that anyone here is saying alabama is as good as AU. Im not. Im saying our defense is a very good one. So is AUs. The problem with our defense against AU is that pass d is our strength...not run d. And AUs strength is run d. So what you do worst on offense goes up against what we do best on d. (im not saying you are a poor passing team...just better running than passing) And what we do best goes against your strength..so it will be tougher to take advantage of AUs weaknesses.

119033[/snapback]

Actually, if you've watched any games this year (Ole Miss excluded) you'll see that Jason Campbell should be MVP, not either of the Runningbacks. I'd say both are quite even this year. AU's strength isn't just on the ground this year.

I don't know what good that information is. I just didn't want you to go uninformed.

But what would you say AU is better at? Passing or rushing. I agree JC has done a lot for this team this year...but how effective would he be without people stacking against the run? how good would he be if AU could not run the ball?

LOL

That is like asking how good would AU be with pennington @ qb? :lol::lol::lol:

The FACT is that AU has a better TEAM. IF you want to argue that fact, get back with me on SUNDAY. 'Till then, I am not gonna' waste any more time thinking about the smaller school in west al.

WE are playin' a BIG game this week against the puppies, in case you didn't know. :D

LOL

That is like asking how good would AU be with pennington @ qb? :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

The FACT is that AU has a better TEAM. IF you want to argue that fact, get back with me on SUNDAY. 'Till then, I am not gonna' waste any more time thinking about the smaller school in west al.

WE are playin' a BIG game this week against the puppies, in case you didn't know. :D

119183[/snapback]

Yes, we noticed. You've broken into some pretty good arguements with your puppy post power. ;):poke:

But what would you say AU is better at? Passing or rushing. I agree JC has done a lot for this team this year...but how effective would he be without people stacking against the run? how good would he be if AU could not run the ball?

119169[/snapback]

Honestly, I'd say we are a better passing team this year. Its no mistake that Jason Campbell's name has shown in more Heisman talk than either Carnell or Ronnie. Ronnie gets props for being a receiver this year. Carnell is talking about ALL-PURPOSE yards this year instead of rushing yards. We are better at passing than running.

Now, the other questions will never be answered. Jason has only 4 games left as a Tiger and is flourishing under the West Coast offense. We wont ever know if his success has been the Offensive scheme, the running game, his arm, or the opposing defensive scheme. You can hypothesize all you want, but the cold-hard facts have proven that something has clicked in that young man's head! He's on FI-AH!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

My opinion, AU's O-line is BETTER at WINNING ! ! ! :D

Honest question...(not leading to a flame, just curious) what would you say AUs oline does better? Pass or run blocking?

119207[/snapback]

Pass blocking. 14 sacks all year. Marcus McNeil has not allowed one yet. Carnell (yet again) has gained most of his yards after getting hit in the backfield. Bama has the best run blocking OL in the SEC this year.

I'm going with pass blocking too. The run blocking has been good at times but certainly not overpowering. Without CW and RB breaking tackles the way they do, we'd be hurting right now. These are two special backs.

Archived