Criteria for Best Defense

Proud Tiger

How about gving up the least amount of points in the country?

Wisconsin 82    9.1 PPG

Auburn 87        9.6 PPG

USC 100          11.1 PPG

Cal 113            14.1 PPG (8 games)

Oklahoma 158 and gave up close to 500 TO to Texas A&M  17.5 PPG

oh yeah forgot to add Alabama 122 13.5 PPG

119067[/snapback]

As I watched the MSU-bama game I kept hearing the idiot Curry saying over and over that bama had the best defense in the country.

Proud Tiger, we finally agree on something. I hate to watch a game that Bill Curry is the commentator. He talks on, and on about absolutely nothing, and does not even call the game. It's like the game is intefering with his time on camera. Most of the Bama fans don't care if they keep saying over and over again that our defense is #1. Comments like that only make me ask"why are we 6-3"? I've always heard that defense wins ball games, so where are our wins?. The only time that I have ever felt like we had a killer defense was the championship year, and that was a long time ago. I think our guys are playing hard, and if this gives them confidence to hear #1 defense...so be it. They deserve something, because these guys have gone thru so much, and anything that went wrong was not their fault. They have hung in there, and played thru so much.

off the subject.......don't you just love Bill Curry? he couldn't beat Auburn at Georgia Tech, Auburn, or Kentucky. Isn't he like 0-7 or -8 lifetime? Ok, sorry. I had to enjoy that for a moment. Oh, have I mentioned I love Bill Curry? :D

Well believe it or not, I didn't start this thread with the intention of slamming bama's defense. I was just asking an honest question as to why the NCAA, SEC, etc., rate defenses (or offenses for that matter) on the basis of yards per game rather than points per game which makes more sense IMHO. I didn't mean to rile up our bama friends. Heck, hang in there bama, win the #1 defense and next thing we know ya'll will be claiming that as your 18th NC. :D:D

off the subject.......don't you just love Bill Curry?  he couldn't beat Auburn at Georgia Tech, Auburn, or Kentucky.  Isn't he like 0-7 or -8 lifetime?  Ok, sorry.  I had to enjoy that for a moment.  Oh, have I mentioned I love Bill Curry?  :D

119318[/snapback]

Bill "can't" Curry is a stellar 0-11 vz AUBURN ! ! ! :au:

Now I see the logic in the uat BRICKS ! ! ! ! :big::roflol::roflol:

You cant just look at one thing when compairing D. They all build on each other. The only reason Alabama doesnt have a better record is because the O isnt very good. They have no passing game, and it takes a few series to get the running game to work. In compairing AU's D and UA's D, they both look good. Alabama is ranked higher in total D, but AU is only a few spots behind. It comes down to how well each O can play.

Archived