Final Episode Auburn Football: Everyday Cancelled

TigerGlide

I may be reading too much into this, but I believe that the ING folks know that Chizki won't be around the day after the Iron Bowl so they would rather cancel the show than have an awkard show airing throughout the southeast.

Thank you, Jesus!!!! It wasn't bad enough that our play on the field this season was embarrassing, but then you had this show every Friday, showing a behind the scenes look at our dumpster fire of a program. I watched them all (mainly for pure comedic value). The last several showed very little football coverage, and focused more on happenings around Auburn, previous teams, etc. The upside to this being cancelled, other than not to embarrass Auburn University anymore, is that we won't have to see another episode of "In the Trenches with Jeff Whitaker". For someone who has not lived up to any of the hype, Jeff Whitaker did himself no favors by participating in this segment of the show. He came off as an arrogant, ignorant person that made a joke out of everything. The only joke I saw was his play on the field.

I for one don't think that this is fair statement at all.

Jeff Whitaker is still a young college kid and I feel that he should enjoy his life. "not lived up to any of the hype" He has lived up to more on the football field than I can say that I have ever accomplished.

The only thing it has to do with is the fact that the final episode each year is about bowl preparations and the bowl game? Geez guys.

Auburn Football Every Day, a behind-the-scenes television program featuring Auburn players and coaches including head coach Gene Chizik, will not air a thirteenth episode which would have been shown after the Iron Bowl game against Alabama but will produce a spring football show.

A representative for IMG College said the decision not to have an end of season show was made two weeks ago and blamed the timing of the announcement on a clerical error.

“The pre-SEC championship show was always seen as tentative. The decision not to go ahead with it was made two weeks ago,” said Andrew Giangola, Vice President of Strategic Communications for IMG College, to The Advertiser. “That should have been immediately communicated to our affiliates. Unfortunately there was a communications lapse which we learned about today and the email was sent out this morning.”

The Tuesday morning announcement set off immediate speculation regarding a potential coaching change at Auburn. Coach Gene Chizik has been under fire as Auburn (2-8, 0-6 SEC) is in the midst of its worst season in 60 years.

“This season, we have decided to forego a tentatively scheduled 13th show on November 26th but will produce a spring football show in keeping with past practices,” Giagola said in a statement. “Each year, the schedule for Auburn Football: Every Day is fluid and subject to change. We based our decision on what we believe is best for fans, advertisers, and our TV partners.”

Auburn IMG also issued a statement, explaining the university is obligated to produce 11 shows of the program and “specialty shows” such as championship and bowl games can be added.

“IMG College, which operates the Auburn IMG Sports Network and produces the Auburn Football: Every Day television program, is contractually obligated to Auburn University to produce 11 shows during the regular season as part of our multi-media rights contract with the University,” said Jon Cole, General Manager of Auburn IMG Sports Marketing, in a statement to The Advertiser. “IMG also owns the rights to produce specialty shows for events such as championship games, bowl games and spring football.”

WRBL, a Columbus, Ga. station which carries the show, reported it had been sent an email from Drew Walker, Asst. Executive Director of Video Production, notifying them of the cancellation of the originally planned 13th episode of the program, which is a collaborative effort between Auburn University athletics and Auburn IMG Sports Network.

“We have decided not to run a 13th Auburn Football: Every Day show which would be the post Alabama episode,” Walker said in the email posted on WRBL’s website. “We felt it best to inform everyone now to give folks time to find a way to fill in that time slot.”

I, for one, used to love the show. I would get up every Saturday morning and look forward to watching it. (But that was back when we were still good.) Now, I just want to get a new coaching staff in and start playing some Auburn Football. Show, or no show.

Thank you, Jesus!!!! It wasn't bad enough that our play on the field this season was embarrassing, but then you had this show every Friday, showing a behind the scenes look at our dumpster fire of a program. I watched them all (mainly for pure comedic value). The last several showed very little football coverage, and focused more on happenings around Auburn, previous teams, etc. The upside to this being cancelled, other than not to embarrass Auburn University anymore, is that we won't have to see another episode of "In the Trenches with Jeff Whitaker". For someone who has not lived up to any of the hype, Jeff Whitaker did himself no favors by participating in this segment of the show. He came off as an arrogant, ignorant person that made a joke out of everything. The only joke I saw was his play on the field.

If it was that bad and you didn't like it then why did you watch it? Sounds like you may be a little ignorant yourself there champ.

Maybe Jeff Whitaker is just a fun loving kind of guy off the field. You probably wouldn't know because you probably have never met him. I also doubt you'd say this if front of his face.

If it was that bad and you didn't like it then why did you watch it? Sounds like you may be a little ignorant yourself there champ.

Maybe Jeff Whitaker is just a fun loving kind of guy off the field. You probably wouldn't know because you probably have never met him. I also doubt you'd say this if front of his face.

Damn right you wouldn't. Hard to blame anyone person in such a total mess involving so many people and factors. One good note is that probably the day after the Iron Bowl will be the lowest day in modern Auburn football history but it will get better from there. They will bring someone in who will find a way to have a winning season with the players we have next year. They could put on ten or fifteen pounds here or there but there is plenty of talent around to beat more than half the teams on our schedule. CGC must be in shock seeing how far he has fallen and seeing his career as a head coach coming to a flaming turd of an end. His loss of focus must have infected everything. Anyway, better days to come. This season will end and we will be a long long time in having another like it. WDE

Gogue has a mess to clean up. My fear is no decent coach will come to Auburn now that they see how politically controlled it is. What coach wants to be under Jacobs?

I think if Jacobs is retained (and it's looking very likely) you have to allow the football coach to bring in his own Director of Football Operations - or in Tim Jackson-speak, a General Manager. The AD would be responsible for some oversight into the football program but on a limited basis. The Director of Football Operations would be basically the AD for football and Jacobs would be the AD for everything else.

JVille said the exact thing I have been saying for almost two years. This show never was the same as the 2010 shows. It declined in 2011 and was a disaster this year. I watched my last show after the A&M game.

A decision has been made. “Auburn Football: Everyday” a program featuring Auburn Tigers head coach Gene Chizik will not be airing after next week’s Iron Bowl game against the University of Alabama. Auburnchannel.com, a website associated with NBC-13 in Birmingham, Alabama reported the news, citing an email that was sent out to network affiliates across [...]

A decision has been made. “Auburn Football: Everyday” a program featuring Auburn Tigers head coach Gene Chizik will not be airing after next week’s Iron Bowl game against the University of Alabama. Auburnchannel.com, a website associated with NBC-13 in Birmingham, Alabama reported the news, citing an email that was sent out to network affiliates across [...]

Farmer: This is not "new" news. It was addressed a week ago. Draw your own conclusions, but be aware this isn't breaking news.

http://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/127868-final-episode-auburn-football-everyday-cancelled/

Archived