UAT/MSU and UGALY/UK games

Aubie7

I lost some respect for MR becasue of the way he ran the score up on UK. Suppossedly, the polls don't count margin of victory anymore. What I find amusing is that some dogs, here in georgia, think that by putting 62 on UK that they are better than Auburn, because we only hung 42 on the 'cats. My response was that the big difference was:

Auburn was not trying to run the score up. We played a lot of reserves. UGAly WAS trying to run it up. They were throwing deep and often, late in the game when they were already up by 4 TD's. I can assure you, and hope it comes true, that they will not have that chance this weekend.

Speaking of amusement:

I couldn't help but chuckle at the UAT fans celebrating their win over MSU, like it was the Sugar Bowl victory over Miami again! This clearly shows how far they have fallen and how far they have to go. I really expected them to tear down the goal posts!! Was that Flippers signature win?! Hopefully, he won't get it against us in a couple of weeks, because anything is possible in this conference.

ANY win is a signature win these days at the smaller school in west al. :D

Maybe they were celebrating the fact that we are going bowling...not neccessarily the fact that we beat MSU.

119233[/snapback]

And THAT is the state of Alabama Football in 2004.

I never thought I'd see the day when the Music City or Independence Bowl made Bama's year.

After all the injuries and scholly losses, a bowl game is GREAT this year. The extra practice and bowl experience will greatly help UA's young team.

As for celebrating over MSU, it was a lot more than just a win and being bowl eligible. Those players have heard the hype all week about the Shula/Croom crap, and how MSU would be playing waaaaay higher than bama because of it. They wanted to come out and make a statement that THEIR coach WAS the right choice.

I never thought id see the day that alabama had to play with their 3rd string QB, 2nd string rb, 2nd string FB all freshmen WRs ...down some 21 scholarships...and still pull out bowl eligibility with 2 games to spare.

Indeed. Congrats to the Bammites on becoming bowl eligible. Even without the ad nauseum, aforementioned injuries 6-5 would have been a good record this season. To make the 6-5, even with all the injuries should be complemented by all. WTG!!!

I like how a lot of people are already putting bama at 6-5. Because in the past, if a bama fan said that about AU with two games left, they were slammed for being arrogant.

Hmmm....Consider yourself slammed, if it makes you feel better.

:big::cheer:

I lost some respect for MR becasue of the way he ran the score up on UK. Suppossedly, the polls don't count margin of victory anymore. What I find amusing is that some dogs, here in georgia, think that by putting 62 on UK that they are better than Auburn, because we only hung 42 on the 'cats. My response was that the big difference was:

Auburn was not trying to run the score up. We played a lot of reserves. UGAly WAS trying to run it up. They were throwing deep and often, late in the game when they were already up by 4 TD's. I can assure you, and hope it comes true, that they will not have that chance this weekend.

I am not sure I have ever read about a UGA fan even comparing the UK/UGA game to the AU/UK game. No one really cares to be honest.

As for Richt running up the score, give me a break. You says Auburn was not trying to run up the score and then back that up by saying AU's reserves were in. UGA did not have their 2nd string....nope....we had our 3rd string in at best in most positions including WR where kids who has never touched the field this season got some PT. Yes, Shockley threw deep in the 3rd-4th quarter deep....you know what....with our back-backup's in.....stop us.....we ran the ball down their throats and sometimes threw it.....

I don't get how you lose respect for Richt. The computers hate us more then any other Top 10 team...if this helps us somehow....I say go for it.

I am not sure I have ever read about a UGA fan even comparing the UK/UGA game to the AU/UK game. No one really cares to be honest.

As for Richt running up the score, give me a break. You says Auburn was not trying to run up the score and then back that up by saying AU's reserves were in. UGA did not have their 2nd string....nope....we had our 3rd string in at best in most positions including WR where kids who has never touched the field this season got some PT. Yes, Shockley threw deep in the 3rd-4th quarter deep....you know what....with our back-backup's in.....stop us.....we ran the ball down their throats and sometimes threw it.....

I don't get how you lose respect for Richt. The computers hate us more then any other Top 10 team...if this helps us somehow....I say go for it.

119388[/snapback]

Its not Richt's job to stop his team from scoring, that was Kentuckys job. I have heard Richt twice on the radio, today on Finebaum and the other was on Jim Rome. He is one of the most respectable coaches in college football. He had nothing but good things to say about Auburn today, he is a good coach and he is good for the SEC. I have a ton of respect for the man, and UGA in general.

Archived