If you're Tubbs

maryland tiger

I am in no way saying this game is going to be a blow out but should AU try to score as much as possible even if the game is out of reach? That might be the only way to jump ahead of Oklahoma. :au:

i don't think we have a choice if we want to play for all the marbles. i've heard all kinds of scenarios from so-called experts about what will happen to us if we go undefeated. we can't sqeak by like we did against LSU. now, i will be happy just to beat georgia. unbelievably happy, but if we have the chance, i say 'get er done. BEAT :uga: !!!!!!!!!

While MOV has been removed formally from ratings criteria, there ain't no way that it doesn't have an effect on the voters.

Absolutely, run it up if you can.

BTW, I get tired of having close games with UAT when they don't even belong in it. I want to break out the sour mash at halftime and watch a crusing good thrashing. That goes for both games.

The least or our worries right now is the rankings. If we don't beat UGA, then they don't matter so we need to go out there full force and really put it to them in the first half. And, if possible, keep laying it on them the whole entire game!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE AND BEAT THE DAWGS!!!!

I see a hard fought game for four quarters, with no chance for either team to run up the score. We're playing one of the best teams in the nation!!!! How could anyone even think we'd have the opportunity to run up the score? I'd be happy with a one point victory.

Run it up on general principle alone - IF we get the chance. That goes for next week, the SECCG, and whatever bowl we may wind up in, too.

I have never been this excited about Auburn football in my entire 34-year-old life.

This score thing could be a double edge sword. While beating Georgia by a wide margin would surely impress AP and ESPN voters, it could actually have the opposite effect on the computer polls. If we beat Georgia by a touchdown or so, they will likely stay near the Top 10. However, if we blow them out, they could likely drop much lower in the polls. Computer polls take these things into consideration.

But....since the AP and ESPN polls count 66.67% of the BCS poll, I would say we need to do what it takes to move up in those two areas. I think it's going to be a very close game, like less than a touchdown, but if we can hang a few extra points on the Dawgs, let's do it!!

Earlier in the year I was saying play the subs, give them the experience, and don't risk injury to your leaders.--which I still think is the way to go earlier in a season. But now it's different--it's into the Amen Corner and the finale of the season. Running up the score will be a lot harder, but if it can be done, do so.

Look as powerful and dominant as possible going into the championship(s). Impress the hell out of everyone. Even if it doesn't lead to the Orange Bowl this year, close out leaving the pollsters and the recruits something to remember for next year.

..And put a little fear :angry: into the hearts of the upstart pachyderms across the state, not to mention those silly Vols who think they have a chance in a rematch. :D

..And put a little fear :angry:   into the hearts of the upstart pachyderms across the state, not to mention those silly Vols who think they have a chance in a rematch.  :D

119379[/snapback]

I live in Nashville, surrounded by UT fans, and since Ainge went down, most likely for the season, few, if any, think they have a chance in the SECCG. :P

While beating Georgia by a wide margin would surely impress AP and ESPN voters, it could actually have the opposite effect on the computer polls. If we beat Georgia by a touchdown or so, they will likely stay near the Top 10. However, if we blow them out, they could likely drop much lower in the polls. Computer polls take these things into consideration.

I thought margin of victory was taken out of the computer polls - am I wrong? If so, then beating Georgia by a wide margin would affect the voters, but not the computer rankings - so they may stay top 10 anyway.

Archived