NCAA investigating AU?

AubTigers

Trooper and Luper coming off the trail is a sign of self compliance and is a measured response to the appearance of some possible minor violation. Don't let this take your minds off of Thanksgiving. Think of the NCAA as Randy Quaid bringing his motor home over for the holidays. Just let him hook up his sewer to the nearest sports media outlet. WAR EAGLE! Let's be Auburn....rally together and do the impossible not for the approval of others but for who we are. The little cow college can still shake things up in west Alabama. Happy Thanksgiving!

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interviewing bama players for "honest" answers about Auburn is like interviewing IRAN for honest answers about the United States. I don't think the NCAA did this, but if they did Auburn needs to raise hell. I don't think for one minute Auburn leaked this information to kill Chizik's buyout. The AL media remains shameless and takes a page out of the 2010 smear campaign book. When are we going to reach the point where it is time to drop a dime on bama and see it through ?

War Eagle !

It would make sense to leak it to make it seem like Petrino was the best we could do, because of it. A lot of holier than thous have made it difficult for the administration to hire the right man for the job, because of the holier than thou's hypocritical religious views.

I am absolutely not a hypocrite,just a sinner. I do not want a "preacher" for a coach. I want a COACH. Tony Dungy won a super bowl. With the way you hate religious people,I'm sure he wouldn't be good enough for you. Nor would Tom Landry.Or Shug. Or Mark Richt. I don't know a whole lot of christians that I am worried about or scared of. I know of a lot of non christians and non-moral people that will kill you for a gold necklace (Oakland paper today). Why don't you give your christian bashing a rest?

I'm doing what Joshua Bin Joseph did-calling out hypocrites. I don't hate religious people at all. I knew Pat Nix when we were at AU and respected him very much, because he was not a hypocrite. He did not throw stones and lived what he preached. One of my best friends growing up is a Baptist minister/missionary and I respect him, because he lives what he preaches. Go read the Bible and see Jesus called folks out left and right, who played the "I'm holier than thou" schtick when in truth they were petty & selfish. By the way hate is your word. I just like taking the piss with church ladies like you. Seriously only Christians are moral? Are you really that daft? Yeah that Ghandi guy was such a murderous thug! (sarcasm)

Notice I qualified that by stating "non-moral people" (radical muslims,drug dealers,muggers,etc). I'm obviously much older than you,because playing the "Ghandi card" in a discussion is like the libs playing the race card.I really didn't think we needed to start at "A",but here goes. The problem I have with your argument is the word, "hypocrite". By your definition,a person who is not a perfect little christian all the time is a hypocrite,and you can then feel superior to them because you aren't a christian or hypocrite. Here are some other famous "hypocrites" in history. Moses,Noah,Abraham,Job,David,Soloman,Peter,John,Paul,Thomas,etc.etc. Sorry for hijacking the thread for this discussion. In my country,and my libertarian philosophy,I don't give a rip what you are or what you worship,as long as you leave me and mine alone. Seems we both want what's best for AU,and we want someone to fix it. We DO agree on that. WDE.

Its pretty clear that they have been taking off the recruiting trail. A ton of our recruits are having second thoughts and coming out publicly with them. They are not being told the direction of the program .

I just hope we reported any secondary violations we found. Cause secondaries that go unreported become primaries

You have to tell the recruits what you know. The coaches tell the kids there still working for this year and next. They tell them there will be a review at the end of the year. The coaches are still working, but recruits hear the talk and rumblings. If I were a recruit and was hearing the banter from Auburn fans....that would bother me more than the media. The school's fans they want to come to are trying to run their coach out of town......yeah I would think twice too. We need to calm the banter down and wait for the school to make the decision.....then the discussions carry more weight.....until then it is just agenda pushing media and fans reflecting discontent. Bad news travels fast and sells papers....we can't hide from bad news but how we (fans) respond to it says a good deal about who we are.

You have to tell the recruits what you know. The coaches tell the kids there still working for this year and next. They tell them there will be a review at the end of the year. The coaches are still working, but recruits hear the talk and rumblings. If I were a recruit and was hearing the banter from Auburn fans....that would bother me more than the media. The school's fans they want to come to are trying to run their coach out of town......yeah I would think twice too. We need to calm the banter down and wait for the school to make the decision.....then the discussions carry more weight.....until then it is just agenda pushing media and fans reflecting discontent. Bad news travels fast and sells papers....we can't hide from bad news but how we (fans) respond to it says a good deal about who we are.

The good news is that most of these kids are more mature than you give them credit for...and a good many quotes indicate they like AU , the university, and are smart enough to know that coaches come and go...and they have no control over that. No matter what you think of Chiz, he and his staff are professionals and will be telling these guys that AU is the place for them and will not necessarily be making it about themselves.

Like in our national economy, "uncertainty" is the worst possible situation. LOI day is in Feb which is a long time away. We will know what's what by the end of the year probably and that's plenty of time for the recruitiment picture to settle down. I'm not going to get upset by what these kids say now.

I have a question about the Yahoo article that I am surprised nobody else has brought up. Who knew that Coach Taylor was up for an Assistant Coach of the Year Award? And why was he up for it? Obviously, his WRs have not been overwhelmingly great this season.

Something else to consider: Do you guys realize that there were tons of sportswriters that basically guaranteed AU would go down HARD for the Cam situation and were made to look like absolute inept fools when AU was exonerated by the NCAA? They have hated AU since and probably dedicated their lives to bringing us down. This is old rehashed bullcrap that was written about a long time ago. The only reason this numbnuts brought it back out is because its IB week.

I have a question about the Yahoo article that I am surprised nobody else has brought up. Who knew that Coach Taylor was up for an Assistant Coach of the Year Award? And why was he up for it? Obviously, his WRs have not been overwhelmingly great this season.

I remember that now that you mention it. It is odd that Yahoo has that info and even more odd that he is up for the award. Wonder who leaked that info.

Not sure why he was up for it but he was.

http://www.afca.com/article/article.php?id=2272

Anyone wondering if AU leaked this story, which has been rumored for months, to make the firing on Sunday more palatable?

This has been discussed at length earlier in this thread. I don't see that happening, though.

Anyone wondering if AU leaked this story, which has been rumored for months, to make the firing on Sunday more palatable?

Didn't you just post something about the ridiculous Jeff Fisher suggestion? Did you forget already?

Since I do not know the answer to this I have to ask this question: Did we not just spend over a year under the NCAA microscope mostly in regards to Cam Newton? I thought I remembered hearing at the end of that investigation, that the NCAA had turned over every rock and piece of paper in the program and found absolutely nothing wrong as far as violations; not even any secondary violations.

How then can we now be under investigation again? I am really just trying to understand the process here. All I can imagine is that either all this "investigation" talk is either being spoon-fed to or by the phenominally anti-Auburn media (local and otherwise) or that we have all of the sudden done something (as an Auburn Administration-meaning coaches and enforcement staff) that we had not done for some 3 plus years. Regardless of the state of the team performance, why all of the sudden would the coaching staff go off and do something willful and stupid that they had not done for 3 years?

Of course, there are always "boosters", etc to be concerned with, but nothing that I have seen or heard is any more pervasive or damning than what is in the papers all the time about the taem from Tuscaloosa. So a kid gets a ride to town with another former student; is that in reality more egregious than receiving real tangible benfits like suits and free cars as they do as a matter of fact in Tuscaloosa without any penalty? No it is not.

The NCAA may or may not actually be in town; however, this has already been investigated and resolved 3 months ago. And I saw something about Trooper under the spotlight due to something associated with 'Big Cat Weekend" from back in 2009. That period would already have been dissected and under the microscope from the NCAA proctoscopy that cleared AU all the way through the Cam Newton saga.

I hate this "diversion" as much as anyone and look forward to the day that maybe it finally goes away. However, I do believe that as long as we are competitive with Alabama in football and win our share of games, that the Alabama media will always find a way to trash Auburn with any means possible. The ONLY thing that will help Auburn keep the media (local and national) at bay would be an Athletic Director hire and Head Coach hire that would put real teeth into protecting Auburn's interests at all costs. I do not know which AD or Coach is the answer, but it needs to be someone that can and will stand firm against the media and have them begging for access. They need to leave the media in the dark and share only when it s for AU's best interest. And when comment is made it needs to be matter of fact and definitively clear.

Just my feelings this Thanksgiving Day.

"The ONLY thing that will help Auburn keep the media (local and national) at bay would be an Athletic Director hire and Head Coach hire that would put real teeth into protecting Auburn's interests at all costs"

An old saying about not picking a fight with someone that buys ink by the barrel....and expect that now includes someone that has unliimited access to the internet.

No coach or AD is going to spend his time fighting rumors or the rumor-mongers.

Unless, a link can be verified between AU athletic dept. and the Memphis grade changing, that particular item is a non event.

We might have a secondary violation, but the fact is we instigated bringing it light in the first place.

I'm getting late to the game here, but has anyone given this any thought?

With this new news coming out about recruiting violations....Could it be possible that the BUYOUT to Chizik is no longer valid? Meaning, They now have "Just Cause" to fire him, and void his buyout?

Would it suprise anyone, if some of the people who want him out (powers that be) actually leaked this info out, to get Chizik fired?

Nothing at this point would shock me......

Something else to consider: Do you guys realize that there were tons of sportswriters that basically guaranteed AU would go down HARD for the Cam situation and were made to look like absolute inept fools when AU was exonerated by the NCAA? They have hated AU since and probably dedicated their lives to bringing us down. This is old rehashed bullcrap that was written about a long time ago. The only reason this numbnuts brought it back out is because its IB week.

What concerns me that it's not all old stuff is that interviews were conducted this week and it could extend beyond Robinson's recruitment and include current players, coaches and recruits.

I'm getting late to the game here, but has anyone given this any thought?

With this new news coming out about recruiting violations....Could it be possible that the BUYOUT to Chizik is no longer valid? Meaning, They now have "Just Cause" to fire him, and void his buyout?

Would it suprise anyone, if some of the people who want him out (powers that be) actually leaked this info out, to get Chizik fired?

Nothing at this point would shock me......

Discussed at length in this thread.

Archived