NCAA investigating AU?

AubTigers

So just to summarize. The bammers are cheaters because there are always stories of them cheating, even though the NCAA has never punished them lately.

There is absolutely no chance that we have done anything wrong despite the NCAA's presence on campus. The REC controls the NCAA, ESPN, Yahoo, NYT, and AL.com and all the reports against us are products of their Illuminati-esque influence on the world of sports.

Does this sound ridiculous to anyone else?

Who said all that ? It would be interesting to know. Sounds like it might be a false argument based on a straw man.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even weeks ago, I wasn't looking forward to this up coming game. Now that the NCAA is checking us out again, I'm even more down and not looking forward to the game.I may end up Southern Cal & Notre if their playing @ 2:30. If not, then I'll find some other game.

Look on the bright side. In about 30 hours, this season will be over and we can move on to righting the ship.

BEAT 'BAMA !!!!!!!!!!

:wareagle:/>

This. Brighter days are ahead. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Even weeks ago, I wasn't looking forward to this up coming game. Now that the NCAA is checking us out again, I'm even more down and not looking forward to the game.I may end up Southern Cal & Notre if their playing @ 2:30. If not, then I'll find some other game.

Look on the bright side. In about 30 hours, this season will be over and we can move on to righting the ship.

BEAT 'BAMA !!!!!!!!!!

:wareagle:/>

This. Brighter days are ahead. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Yep, it won't be long now. :punk:

So just to summarize. The bammers are cheaters because there are always stories of them cheating, even though the NCAA has never punished them lately.

There is absolutely no chance that we have done anything wrong despite the NCAA's presence on campus. The REC controls the NCAA, ESPN, Yahoo, NYT, and AL.com and all the reports against us are products of their Illuminati-esque influence on the world of sports.

I can name 20 things that Auburn could attribute their struggles to. None of those include, "because we dont cheat and bammer does."

Fact is...we have been getting top recruits for several years now. We only play bammer once a year. Who cares what they do, cheating or not? If we take care of our business, we can knock them off that mountain every year, and spend the next 364 days laughing at their tears.

You forgot that all this is old news despite the fact that the NCAA was on campus this week and it may now include other recruits, players, and coaches.

Who said all that ? It would be interesting to know. Sounds like it might be a false argument based on a straw man.

I'm on my phone so it's virtually impossible for me to go back and quote every post that says one or more of the following...

1) there is nothing to this story.

2) the reason this story is being released now is because the REC paid off Forde to screw up our coaching search and recruiting.

3) nothing to see here. The REC bought Richardson a truck. They gave Julio benefits. They bought Cyrus, Yeldon, and Callaway.

4. The NCAA will never punish the bammers because Emmert hired Saban at LSU and therefore he's a cheatrt too.

I've probably left off a few things but these are the big hitters I'm sure you've noticed as you've read through the previous 35 pages or so.

My opinion is that we should mind our own dam business and settle things on the field.

On a completely unrelated note *sarcasm*, have you ever heard of Occam's Razor?

The NCAA tends to stay away from winning teams and coaches, as they bring in money for all. once the coach leaves they descend. UAT will get a visit once Sabear is gone.

I disagree. Alabama got destroyed by the NCAA right after their MNC in the early 90s. USC got hammered shortly after their run of success recently (they were still winning). God knows the NCAA was hounding us dieing our Championship season. Oregon is under investigation now even though they are one of the top programs every year.

If anything, I would think the higher profile teams face more scrutiny than someone like Ole Miss who cheats like hell without any success.

it sounds like the ruminations of a bama fan to me.

ND plays at Southern Cal on ABC at 7 PM CST... Florida plays at FSU on ABC at 2:30 PM CST...

I'm on my phone so it's virtually impossible for me to go back and quote every post that says one or more of the following...

1) there is nothing to this story.

2) the reason this story is being released now is because the REC paid off Forde to screw up our coaching search and recruiting.

3) nothing to see here. The REC bought Richardson a truck. They gave Julio benefits. They bought Cyrus, Yeldon, and Callaway.

4. The NCAA will never punish the bammers because Emmert hired Saban at LSU and therefore he's a cheatrt too.

I've probably left off a few things but these are the big hitters I'm sure you've noticed as you've read through the previous 35 pages or so.

My opinion is that we should mind our own dam business and settle things on the field.

On a completely unrelated note *sarcasm*, have you ever heard of Occam's Razor?

Why yes. That's why the final hypothesis in my previous post consisted of just 1 sentence and only 13 words. ;D

IronMan, I addressed your question. You're welcome. So I'm not sure how we disagree here unless you also buy into all the conspiracy theories.

For those not familiar with Occam's Razor, it basically says that when choosing among several different theories, the one that makes the fewest assumptions is generally correct.

IronMan, I addressed your question. You're welcome. So I'm not sure how we disagree here unless you also buy into all the conspiracy theories.

For those not familiar with Occam's Razor, it basically says that when choosing among several different theories, the one that makes the fewest assumptions is generally correct.

Yes, I know you did but read my previous post again. Get it ? 13 words ? oy B)

Yes, I know you did but read my previous post again. Get it ? 13 words ? oy B)/>

Sorry... I'm is confused... :confused:

Yes, I know you did but read my previous post again. Get it ? 13 words ? oy B)/>

LOL, ok one last try. You asked was I familiar with Occam's Razor. I said yes, that's why my conclusion was only 1 sentence and 13 words. Occam's theory......fewest assumptions......my conclusion ?.....1 assumption.....13 words.....ergo ? adherence

Now that we have that out of the way (whew) back to football. BEAT FREAKIN BAMA !!!!

LOL, ok one last try. You asked was I familiar with Occam's Razor. I said yes, that's why my conclusion was only 1 sentence and 13 words. Occam's theory......fewest assumptions......my conclusion ?.....1 assumption.....13 words.....ergo ? adherence

Now that we have that out of the way (whew) back to football. BEAT FREAKIN BAMA !!!!

Wow. Late to the philosophy party ... owl of Minerva ... War Eagle!

I disagree. Alabama got destroyed by the NCAA right after their MNC in the early 90s. USC got hammered shortly after their run of success recently (they were still winning). God knows the NCAA was hounding us dieing our Championship season. Oregon is under investigation now even though they are one of the top programs every year.

If anything, I would think the higher profile teams face more scrutiny than someone like Ole Miss who cheats like hell without any success.

Just go with it, its the best we got right now. LOL

It is pretty much ridiculous to everyone except those that want or need to believe it.

For those that do, don't worry guys, we are are still better than they are because we give FOUR year scholarships and unlike UAT we (obviously) don't process players who can't cut it at the SEC level.

Also, nobody in OUR fan-base would EVER support hiring a coach with character issues like NS, who told a bold faced lie to the media in Miami before he left, just so we could have a winning team.

Well, I thought it funny that no one commented on my post about what the Bham News stated in Wed paper about the fact the CGC's contract did not contain any language about probation or breaking the rules resulting in lessering the buyout, etc. And now I understand there was a detraction in the Bham news about that clause. Anyone else think that is funny, since we are discussing conspiracy?

i have an interesting question. at least its interesting to me. we hear that the ncaa investigative dept. is limited and has a full slate. then why is it news that auburn is under investigation but no other program? i suspect there are at least a dozen teams getting questioned about different suspicions currently but we are in the news, yahoo, espn.

It is pretty much ridiculous to everyone except those that want or need to believe it.

For those that do, don't worry guys, we are are still better than they are because we give FOUR year scholarships and unlike UAT we (obviously) don't process players who can't cut it at the SEC level.

Also, nobody in OUR fan-base would EVER support hiring a coach with character issues like NS, who told a bold faced lie to the media in Miami before he left, just so we could have a winning team.

not so fast my friend.there are many in our fan base supporting the potential of petrino being hired.i wouldn't say he is an example of a character hire.

Archived