NCAA investigating AU?

AubTigers

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New story by AP http://sports.yahoo....429--ncaaf.html now up on Yahoo front page.

We are under attack!

Every comment under the article is by some bammer with an IQ under 90.

Bammers just don't recognize only 10 Auburn fans actually care about what they post

Wouldn't it be great if our guys came out with attitude that we have heard enough of this crap. We are tired of getting pushed around on the field and bashed by the media pimps always pushing the Crimson Tide agenda and always digging up something negative to say about Auburn. Just whip their butts all over the field on Saturday and lets see how they all like that.

Im not gonna pretend everything is just fine because its the farthest thing from it. i dont know if this story can hold water but what i do know is Pat Forde is on drugs. Take it to the bank. He's the biggest idiot I've ever seen and yet people actually pay for his opinion. He's in love with the little man and he wears inbreadU pajamas. If you ever agree with anything this fool says your probably asleep.

Yeah,you're right. I remember in 2010 all he did was push the Boise St. campaign for them to be in the national championship game. In his articles and appearances on "The Experts", he made one snide remark after another about AU. REALLY pissed me off! I'm sure he was touching himself the whole time he was writing that article today for Yahoo. He is an idiot.

While I don't vouch for premium boards, there is some sort of story that an Alabama player made accusations regarding Trooper and they interviewed 10 Auburn players about their recruitment by Trooper. Evidently the NCAA wanted to do the interviews the week before the Ark. game, but CGZ wouldn't agree to it them as a distraction. Supposedly our compliance Dept. is not concerned as it only involves secondary violations. You have to remember that if an Alabama player accepted illegal benefits from another school, that could cause problems with their eligibility at Bama.

CGZ contract can be voided if "The University" finds 'repeated violations". It doesn't specify whether they are major or minor according to Scarbinsky.

Wrong. Take a look at 13(d). Major or specific or repetitive violations are specifically mentioned. Just like Finebaum, Scarbo is telling half-truths simply to get more clicks. There is no mention of minor. Even without reading the contract, common sense would tell everyone that no lawyer would let his/her client sign a contract that allowed minor violations (e.g., secondary) to trigger a voidable buyout.

And you know the happiest person on earth right now is Verne Lundquist. Here's what the ib broadcast will sound like:

Gary: Verne, I think it'll be a long day for this Auburn team.

Verne: HO HAH! Chortle auburn chortle investigation

You forgot to insert Tim Tebow's name on Verne's part. Lardquist still manages to find a way to mention Tebow about 20 times a game even today.

New story by AP http://sports.yahoo....429--ncaaf.html now up on Yahoo front page.

We are under attack!

Every comment under the article is by some bammer with an IQ under 90.

Bammers just don't recognize only 10 Auburn fans actually care about what they post

As soon as they turn a week old those 10 stop caring...........

Same old thing Updykes cheat Auburn gets investigated, been that way as long as I can remember. I hope they get what they richly deserve very soon.

They just spent nearly 20 years on probation. What are you hoping for, the death penalty? Come on bro. Im sure they have gotten away with some shady business, but they arent winning games because they cheat. That's not realistic at all.

The Bammers have arguably the best head coach in college football, compete for national championships, have numerous first round draft picks every year for the last few years, and two players sent to NY for the Heisman Trophy presentation, and we think the only reason they get good players is because they cheat?

And AU is getting great players because it's a family atmosphere, its the loveliest village on the plains, and we have a mid-tier head coach, who would have already been jobless if not for Tubbs Oline, and Gus's offense in 2010.

Lay off the hard stuff. We need to hire a top tier proven head coach, give him complete control of the football program, kick Pat Dye to the curb, and let this rivalry get back to what it used to be. But trying to act like the updykes are cheating just makes us sound like whiny benches. We kicked their ass 6 years in a row. Just enjoy knowing that, and let them have their days in the sun. It will come to an end one day. And we can be there laughing and pointing. Til then, man up.

Same old thing Updykes cheat Auburn gets investigated, been that way as long as I can remember. I hope they get what they richly deserve very soon.

They just spent nearly 20 years on probation. What are you hoping for, the death penalty? Come on bro. Im sure they have gotten away with some shady business, but they arent winning games because they cheat. That's not realistic at all.

First , how do you think they got the talent to win these games , have you not seen all the violations in the past few years, free suits, selling books, fishing trips, hiding recruits in condos until signing day? Just a few, and since I never saw you sitting at our dinner table when I was kid- I am sure I'm not your "BRO"!

We just need a COACH! And not a politician. When asked about these articles that are posted by so called journalists, call them out, "PROVE IT!"

"No comment" , although not a sign of guilt, the perception is guilt and has reallly pissed me off.

While I don't vouch for premium boards, there is some sort of story that an Alabama player made accusations regarding Trooper and they interviewed 10 Auburn players about their recruitment by Trooper. Evidently the NCAA wanted to do the interviews the week before the Ark. game, but CGZ wouldn't agree to it them as a distraction. Supposedly our compliance Dept. is not concerned as it only involves secondary violations. You have to remember that if an Alabama player accepted illegal benefits from another school, that could cause problems with their eligibility at Bama.

CGZ contract can be voided if "The University" finds 'repeated violations". It doesn't specify whether they are major or minor according to Scarbinsky.

Wrong. Take a look at 13(d). Major or specific or repetitive violations are specifically mentioned. Just like Finebaum, Scarbo is telling half-truths simply to get more clicks. There is no mention of minor. Even without reading the contract, common sense would tell everyone that no lawyer would let his/her client sign a contract that allowed minor violations (e.g., secondary) to trigger a voidable buyout.

WRONG This is the operative paragraph.

Subparagraph (e) says, “Pursuant to NCAA Bylaw 11.2.1, it is agreed that coach may be suspended for a period of time without pay, or his employment may be terminated if university, the SEC or the NCAA concludes or has reasonable basis to believe, after providing coach notice (including being made aware of the allegations at issue) and an opportunity to be heard, that he or any person under his supervision or subject to his control or authority is involved in significant or repetitive violations of NCAA regulations.”

No specification as to major or minor is made. And there is no reason to believe that it should be inferred that only major violations should apply. First rule of contract construction is that a contract "means what it says". It would also make sense to include "secondary" violations since the repetitive violation of a secondary rule can be turned into a primary violation. In other words if you keep having the same secondary violation the NCAA can come down hard.

First , how do you think they got the talent to win these games , have you not seen all the violations in the past few years, free suits, selling books, fishing trips, hiding recruits in condos until signing day? Just a few, and since I never saw you sitting at our dinner table when I was kid- I am sure I'm not your "BRO"!

mod edit: That won't fly here. Don't do that again

Ok you are right.. Alabama is on this run because their players sold their text books, they let guys who were already on the team go on a fishing trip, and their star players got free suits. That is why they are probably gonna play for their 3rd title in 4 years... And that's why we suck so bad this year..

We just need a COACH! And not a politician. When asked about these articles that are posted by so called journalists, call them out, "PROVE IT!"

"No comment" , although not a sign of guilt, the perception is guilt and has reallly pissed me off.

It WOULD be nice if Chiz would snap on the press, tell everyone to STFU about that nonsense.

It WOULD be nice if Chiz would snap on the press, tell everyone to STFU about that nonsense.

That is not his M.O. But I could think of a few replacements that wouldn't give a #@$%.

Auburn probably made this happen so we don't have to pay this expensive-as-heck staff when we fire them and may make the recruits who only is coming for Chizik to think over their reasoning

Really??? Is this our fanbase?

I don't agree. I'll side with aufaninga on this one.

Have you forgotten when he challenged them on the Cam affair. I think a lot of you are badly misreading Chiz's toughness

WRONG This is the operative paragraph.

Subparagraph (e) says, “Pursuant to NCAA Bylaw 11.2.1, it is agreed that coach may be suspended for a period of time without pay, or his employment may be terminated if university, the SEC or the NCAA concludes or has reasonable basis to believe, after providing coach notice (including being made aware of the allegations at issue) and an opportunity to be heard, that he or any person under his supervision or subject to his control or authority is involved in significant or repetitive violations of NCAA regulations.”

No specification as to major or minor is made. And there is no reason to believe that it should be inferred that only major violations should apply. First rule of contract construction is that a contract "means what it says". It would also make sense to include "secondary" violations since the repetitive violation of a secondary rule can be turned into a primary violation. In other words if you keep having the same secondary violation the NCAA can come down hard.

We're going in the same direction here, and the key verbiage is "repetitive" violations. I took your original comments to imply that the contract could be voided now and, at least as far as I know, I do not know of any prior violations that have occured that could give rise to "repetitive."

Have you forgotten when he challenged them on the Cam affair. I think a lot of you are badly misreading Chiz's toughness

Day late and a dollar short. He should have nipped that one in the bud weeks earlier. If you feel that you have done nothing wrong, then why not defend your program with absolute passion?

I'm not doubting coach's passion or toughness, just his method of delivery.

Not what I wanted to see again but not surprising.

It is my understanding, and I may completely incorrect, but since the Counselor must have changed Robinson's transcript..wouldn't they (the NCAA) have to prove that Auburn "made" that happen in some manner for Auburn to be held liable. By no stretch of the imagination can Auburn be held responsible if it happened without any help by Auburn or any Auburn boosters. The change could easily be just a stupid idiotic career disaster for a counselor without any fault of Auburn's.

The other discussion about Trooper being held off the road for secondary violations, like all allegations of this type, may well be either true or false. However, I do agree with some others on this board, it is time for Auburn to stand up for itself and tell the NCAA to take a flying leap. No more Mr. Nice Guy. If President Gogue or Jay Jacobs would grab the bull by the horns and tell it like it is if we are in the clear. Then maybe we would quit being slandered every Fall with this stuff.

Thank you.

He said that he does not have time to answer "allegations". Basically saying go elf yourself and prove it.

allegation - an unproved statement or assertion

Archived