NCAA investigating AU?

AubTigers

Have you forgotten when he challenged them on the Cam affair. I think a lot of you are badly misreading Chiz's toughness

Thank you.

He said that he does not have time to answer "allegations". Basically saying go elf yourself and prove it.

allegation - an unproved statement or assertion

+1

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I didn't know most of you were serious with your posts I'd swear this entire thread was somebodys' idea of a joke. I have never in my life seen so many paranoid conspiracy theorists. It blows my mind. I have no idea what is or what isn't going on as far as the NCAA is concerned. I just can't buy into all of these wild scenarios people have put out there. Breathe people, breathe. Whatever does or does not come of it, Auburn will be fine. If wrongdoing has occurred then we must face up to it and take the punishment for that.

This could allow for a complete house cleaning in the athletic dept. and that includes sending former coaches off into the sunset to enjoy their retirement away from the Auburn football team.

The way I see it is we need to worry about our on backyard and not bama's. If we have a mess let's clean it up and quick worrying about what some other school may or may not be doing. The NCAA doesn't really have it in for anybody and they don't play favorites. We like to believe they do because that makes us feel better about ourselves.

Auburn is fully aware of any NCAA questioning. Self reporting, timely responses, internal review and proactive responses( pulling coaches) are signs we are not behind in this story. Auburn is not the media darling of this state and for sure the appearance of bad news is repeated endless for selling of papers and numbers. The story is worth reporting, but leaks have a different ring in timing. Cam's story was a leak out of MSU, UAT and Fla in my opinion. The appearance of wrong doing with out proof is the label that others like to highlight. The no comments from our side is keeping with proper handling of NCAA matters unlike MSU where you can by pass the conference to the NCAA and then release those accusations. Let the media rush settle. Chizik has seen this once already and is not caught off by surprise. Despite the negative press we are on par with this story.

Have you forgotten when he challenged them on the Cam affair. I think a lot of you are badly misreading Chiz's toughness

Thank you.

He said that he does not have time to answer "allegations". Basically saying go elf yourself and prove it.

allegation - an unproved statement or assertion

+1

Basically saying go elf yourself and prove it.

My point is don't leave any doubt. Tell a reporter to go elf himself. Not necessarily in those words , but I think you know what I mean.

It does not change the perception on the program. It is time to nut up and start calling out the accusers for all improper allegations.

Well, we're 3-8, under NCAA investigation, 33 point dogs to Bammer in the IB and the Toomer's trees caught fire last week. I'm of the opinion that it can't get any worse but I'm not holding my breath either. Next, we start losing recruits? On the bright side, my kid was just accepted to Auburn, so I'm OK really. Out of state tuition notwithstanding.

Fascinating, every coach on the staff at Auburn with a multiple year contract has a clause that would release Auburn from that contract under the conditions that would exist should this investigation have formal findings of primary or secondary violations. Two Auburn staff members were voluntarily pulled from the recruiting trail earlier this year. It is also a case where it appears the Auburn compliance department not only did their job, but also self reported and took very prompt action to minimize any possible damage to the institution.

It is my opinion that it is very unlikely that Auburn will be hurt in any way by this regarding any possible coaching search. It is also possible that Auburn might be saved from some or all of these contract buyouts from the information that has been released already.

This looks more like posturing for a more advantageous position for the inevitable staff changes expected than any conspiracy against Auburn to me.

Such information would likely make the job at Auburn even more desirable as it would give a new head coach less reason to feel inclined to consider the current staff should he take the job. It appears unlikely in the extreme that the Auburn program would face any long term ramifications from this particular possible indiscretion considering it was self reported and there has been no apparent effort to deceive the NCAA.

Well, we're 3-8, under NCAA investigation, 33 point dogs to Bammer in the IB and the Toomer's trees caught fire last week. I'm of the opinion that it can't get any worse but I'm not holding my breath either. Next, we start losing recruits? On the bright side, my kid was just accepted to Auburn, so I'm OK really. Out of state tuition notwithstanding.

You should be proud. Getting accepted to AU is hard as heck!

WE!

What does it mean to be under investigation? If we are the ones that found the wrong doings in the Jovon case and reported it to the NCAA clearing house then so what if we are technically under investigation. Curtis Luper is watching his son play football on friday nights, why would the NCAA be investigating that? I don't think that the NCAA is running around the Auburn campus turning tables over with their spy glasses on.

Congrats on your kid by the way!!!

The "death blow" would be to keep CGC and the whole staff. I understand how the conspiracy theories help us deal with the uncomfortable truth, but trying to get the entire staff fired and get all the recruits to back out would be counter intuitive. If all the recruits back out, and the staff is fired, the turds know AU will be willing to pay big money to go get the best staff possible. It is in THEIR best interest that everything stay the same on The Plains. Why would they be worried about us having "5 Star" recruits? They either get kicked off the team, never see the field, or play like "2 Stars." Bammers get a top 5 recruiting class every year, regardless of what we do, and are about to play for their 3rd BCS title in 4 years. Trust me, they aren't wanting any changes...anywhere.

I don't know about others but when I mentioned "death blow", I said that with respect to trying to effect the interest of potential new coaches, not keeping old coaches. In fact the chances are better of us keeping the status quo if they can eliminate the best coaches from the pool. They would also care about our '13 recruits, especially if they want to get a few of them. The point is, there is a group of those maniacs that care more about that than anything else. The way they handled the 2010 season and using this same tactic, should tell you that.

Does that mean that the NCAA isn't investigating ? No, of course not. Does it mean that some of those maniacs in the West don't use the tactic of media surrogates regurgitating the same thing to effect our program ? No of course not again, they certainly do. Its not an either or situation. Both of those things can be true at the same time and people are naive if they think they are not.

I try to stay away from Finebaum's show.

I am flawlessly successful at doing so.

FInebaum's show consist of three parts:

1. Worshiping the greatest of UAT's current and former teams

2, Knocking and making fun of anyone or anything related to Auburn

3. Bitterly complaining about anyone or anything that dares to knock UAT's greatness.

That's all there is to the know, so no need to ever listed to it..........

Same old thing Updykes cheat Auburn gets investigated, been that way as long as I can remember. I hope they get what they richly deserve very soon.

They just spent nearly 20 years on probation. What are you hoping for, the death penalty? Come on bro. Im sure they have gotten away with some shady business, but they arent winning games because they cheat. That's not realistic at all.

The Bammers have arguably the best head coach in college football, compete for national championships, have numerous first round draft picks every year for the last few years, and two players sent to NY for the Heisman Trophy presentation, and we think the only reason they get good players is because they cheat?

And AU is getting great players because it's a family atmosphere, its the loveliest village on the plains, and we have a mid-tier head coach, who would have already been jobless if not for Tubbs Oline, and Gus's offense in 2010.

Lay off the hard stuff. We need to hire a top tier proven head coach, give him complete control of the football program, kick Pat Dye to the curb, and let this rivalry get back to what it used to be. But trying to act like the updykes are cheating just makes us sound like whiny benches. We kicked their ass 6 years in a row. Just enjoy knowing that, and let them have their days in the sun. It will come to an end one day. And we can be there laughing and pointing. Til then, man up.

Well said... Except let's not point... Just run over them and keep going... I would vote to go to the East and forget they existed...

FInebaum's aufamily consist of three parts:

1. Worshiping the greatest of UAT's current and Auburns former teams

2, Knocking and making fun of anyone or anything related to Auburn

3. Bitterly complaining about anyone or anything that dares to knock UAT's greatness.

That's all there is to the know, so no need to ever listed to it..........

:P

Move along, nothing new here. Pat Forde is just another Saban / REC media pawn. The info Forde put out is nothing new. The REC probably paid him very well to hold that story from September to be released this week. He worded the article so that it sounds like new info, but it isn't. This is just another ploy to divert the coaches and players attention, proving that somebody is slightly worried about Saturday. Don't yall remember 2010, the week of every big game another article came out about Cam and Cecil. The REC is in control with deep pockets. This is just more motivationh for our coaches and players to kick their asses Saturday.

In case I haven't posted it today "I HATE BAMMERS!!"

What he said. Let me add............. BEAT BAMA !!!!!!!!!!! May the big hairdo of the wife of every gump get clipped by a ceiling fan.

There is a reason that Luper and Trooper were yanked from the recruiting fields.....

On the brighter side, if something comes of this we get to fire Chizik without paying that attrocious buyout.

Edit: After reading the post above mine....well s***....just s***....guess there is nothing positive that can possibly come out of this one. If we are guilty we get punished....if we are innocent we still get the stigma of being guilty since everyone already thinks we are dirty and we have more public investigations against us then anyone I know.

Is there a clause that says we can fire him without paying the buyout IF we are under investigation?

I dont know what everybody is talking about because according to Phillip Marshall, that clause was taken out of CGC's contract when it was reworked after the NC in '10. The latest yahoo update backs this up when it says:

"His new contract in June 2011 stipulated that he agrees to comply with Southeastern Conference and NCAA rules and disciplinary procedures. His previous deal would have allowed Auburn to suspend Chizik's salary if the program came under investigating by the university, the SEC or the NCAA for ''alleged major rules violations or significant or repetitive violations.''

Same old thing Updykes cheat Auburn gets investigated, been that way as long as I can remember. I hope they get what they richly deserve very soon.

They just spent nearly 20 years on probation. What are you hoping for, the death penalty? Come on bro. Im sure they have gotten away with some shady business, but they arent winning games because they cheat. That's not realistic at all.

First , how do you think they got the talent to win these games , have you not seen all the violations in the past few years, free suits, selling books, fishing trips, hiding recruits in condos until signing day? Just a few, and since I never saw you sitting at our dinner table when I was kid- I am sure I'm not your "BRO"!

mod edit: That won't fly here. Don't do that again

Ok you are right.. Alabama is on this run because their players sold their text books, they let guys who were already on the team go on a fishing trip, and their star players got free suits. That is why they are probably gonna play for their 3rd title in 4 years... And that's why we suck so bad this year..

Starters that had their HS grades changed at the bequest of $puat coaches, recruiting players by setting family up in houses, cars and jobs...yeah, none of that stuff gives them any recruiting advantage.

You guys thinking Auburn leaked it due to avoiding the buyout crack me up. Seriously. If the NCAA are on campus and are investigating don't you think the AD's office and the football coaches would know? Therefore why make it pubLic? It is not like the NCAA will be holding a press conference on the subject. Come people get a grip and live in reality. Everyone knew this story months ago. There are people on this board that are flipping out about very very old news. Oh and some of you listen way too much to slimebaums crap. Why get stirred up about this crap.

PM's face just annoys the s*** out of me for some reason.....lol....and thanks to his little facial expression...bama fans are having some fun with it lol

suckit.gif

PM's face just annoys the s*** out of me for some reason.....lol....and thanks to his little facial expression...bama fans are having some fun with it lol

suckit.gif

He is definitely a drama queen.

All I know is that if this was some trick to make me want Petrino as I am as anti-Petrino as it gets......its working. It's time for an all out war against bammer. Seriously, this crap is old.

Archived