My last post before the end of the Iron bowl

aubfaninga

I have made alot of enemies this year because of my views of what "I believe" Auburn is all about. Two sentences in the Auburn creed stand out in my mind and they just happen to be the beginning and the end,

"I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work."

"And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it. "

If college football started in January of 2009 and ended today Auburn University could brag about a football program that had a 33 and 18 record, a 3-0 bowl record, a heisman trophy winner, an undefeated season, an SEC title, and a BCS National Championship. In a "practical world" that is pretty damn good!

"I believe in work, hard work" As a fan, I earned the 2010 season just as much as I deserve the 2012 season. The players, administration, and YES the coaches deserve the praises from the 2010 season just as much as they deserve the criticism from the 2012 season. In a "practical world" we all make mistakes and deserve at very least one chance to correct them with "work, hard work".

I am quick to point out all the positives that have been Auburn football over the past 4 years because we are down. If we were undefeated I would be quick to point out areas that we need to improve in. This is all that I know. This way of teaching is what has influenced me to become the athlete, employee, coach, Auburn fan, friend, family member, person, and parent that I am today.

"And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it. "

Our fanbase knows adversity. Our fanbase know what it feels like to win against all odds. We are a proud fanbase. We did not get this reputation from being a bunch of quitters and whiners. No matter what happens over the next few weeks please don't ever forget what I brag about the most when it comes to Auburn and our fans.

"Welcome to Auburn..."

Sunshine..sometime it comes to a point where you have to stand. You can't run, you can't hide. You stand with who wants to be there regardless of things falling in. You continue to work to what is right. You head is not in the sand, but you cannot let distractions alter your course. I stand with Auburn. I stand for who we have and not who we wish. The wishful are not here to help us today. Improve, correct and move forward. Chizik has stood for us in a manner that we should not back away from. In adversity and triumph he has remained the same. Chizik is a part of Auburn. Not always the first choice, not always popular but is steadfast and true. Striving to move forward.

If these last few years were based solely on wins and losses then I would be in support of our current coaching staff but the steady decline of our play on the field, the constant distractions off the field and now the investigation under way all leads to incompetence from leaders. I could take losing if we were even remotely competitive but the blowouts, ...why bother repeating over and over the deficiencies of this team, but this one question lingers in my mind constantly Does the good (NC) out way the bad? Even the NC year was not so great if you recall, especially defense! My answer to the question is while the NC is great to have it seems like a fluke to me, a blip, smoke and mirrors. Truth be told CTT should have been in the NC in 2004, his team's fought hard EVERY game but that is not my point. CGC is not the man for this team, under his tenure it seems there is always a dark cloud hanging over Auburn and I for one am ready for some sunshine. Whoever the new hire is should be a winner, developer, planner and experienced. I think we are past the time to hire and up and comer, under whelming, on the job training type of coach. Our team deserves an investment in the very best coach possible, that's all I'm sayin....

Archived