At what point did you realize Auburn football was horrible this year?

doug3020

For me it was the second half of the Miss St. game. I was concerned after the Clemson game but when we did not show any improvement the following week I knew we were in deep poo.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During the Miss State game

I was concerned after MSU, but the clincher was Arkansas for me...they were a complete dumpster fire at the time (finished 4-8) and had just been thrashed 58-10 by TAMU. We had a week off to prepare after playing a very spirited and competitive game against LSU...and the wee piggies beat us by 17.

I was concerned at preseason when coaches took forever to name starting qb. Also new OC and DC's. Confirmed after or during MissSt.

Didn't look good against Clemson but it was the first game and there were no real gauges by which to measure. Upon season completion, I'm completly convinced it is the worst season I've experienced.

I knew before the season, but the point where it really went home was in the UL Monroe game, when Auburn stopped ULM on a third down (we thought) and Van Gorder went wild like it was something to be surprised about. I knew then, that the defense was just as bad as it had been the past few years, if not worse, and it would be a terrible year.

Miss state. Even after loss to Clemson, felt like some positives to build on. Then we just stank in every phase in Starkville. I was sure then. Although, I was in the ChiZ is overrated bandwagon preseason, which I was berated for...but I won't wait for the apologies. ;)

Miss state. Even after loss to Clemson, felt like some positives to build on. Then we just stank in every phase in Starkville. I was sure then. Although, I was in the ChiZ is overrated bandwagon preseason, which I was berated for...but I won't wait for the apologies. ;)

I hear you buddy, I even got myself a "warning point".

I say Mississipi State..something may have already been "uneasy" before the Clemson game. I do feel that after we could not hold on and win the Clemson game, it could get ugly. I just did not know how pitiful it would become.

I really don't know who to actually "blame" but this year was doomed because of a poorly constituted coaching staff and their "mesh" with the players. I think most coaches and players may have thought they were "trying" but only a few of players on both sides of the ball seemed to ever put their heart into it. Only hope for future is a swift change. Again, I feel this way and am sorry I feel this way because I will always remember the steadfastness with which CGC faced down everyone including the NCAA during the damn ridiculous Cam debacle. For my money, we would have beeen better off (and probably CGC) had he never seen Cam. The coaching staff did their best coaching their first year when they had lesser players in number and talent. Even when winning it all in 2010, we most always were playing from behind and it continued and worsened last year.

Time for a change, but am hoping that the PTB have done some homework and have some real top flight candidates with legitimate interest and not just looking to raise thir value at their current schools.

I think Arkansas was when I jumped on the "fire everyone" bandwagon.

Me too. There were signs during Miss State, but Arky really nailed it for me. I relaized that this staff couldn't learn from it's mistakes and make adjustments when needed.

MSU after not taking Frazier out

Ditto. When we did not take Frazier out, which was the only move that might win us the game, I knew our decision making was kaput.

Archived