At what point did you realize Auburn football was horrible this year?

doug3020

When we were reluctant to name a starting QB, while Moseley was injured, knew we did not have what we needed at QB. That was the first sign for me. If Frazier was the man they would have named him and have declared him the starter. The coaches knew what was gonna happen.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was cautiously optimistic after Clemson.

I was concerned aster Miss State

I was over it after Arkansas and just wanted Chiz, Jacobs and Jackson fired on the spot.

Actually let me amend my previous post. I went to a scrimmage in August and saw how weak the passes looked from Frazier and knew it would be a long year. I started counting wins trying to figure out how we'd get bowl eligible. But I didn't see this train wreck coming then, to be honest.

I saw it from the stands during the Clemson game in the dome. Offense had no rythem or sign of a simple scheme. Defensive line had NO push what so ever and the linebackers looked lost. This team was horribly coached.

I love Auburn, but I will not be giving my money to a program that dosent strive to be the best.

It was clear to me during the MSU game when what I thought was an avg. MSU team (and now proven right) was pushing AU around like a JV squad. I had my doubts with the poor tackling during the Clemson game but knew during the MSU game.

After the La-Mo game. I had no idea it would be this bad though.

^^ THIS ^^

After the La-Mo game. I had no idea it would be this bad though.

^^ THIS ^^

This, but then I began to wonder again after the LSU game if we could get it together. Stupid me.

i couldnt resist, but def after la mo game when i didnt c any improvement.

Yes, LAMO :laugh::roflol:

:-X:no no no:;)

Sometimes, you have to laugh not to cry.

I look back at the 2011 game against Samford University. They played AU off it's feet and afterwards several Samford players commented how soft the AU players were. Bring in 2012 and we get beat by Clemson because our defense couldn't tackle; then MSU took AU to the woodshed when they took the 2nd half kick-off and rammed the ball down the defenses throats; AU only lost by 2 to LSU, which gave a lot of us false hope of things turning around, but as a poster on another thread commented, that game was that close because Miles kept Mettenburger chained up, not because of AU's outstanding team; then, as many have said--the final blow to me was the Arkansas game. AU had 2 weeks to prepare for a team that was as dysfunctional as any ever seen, and AU lost AT JORDAN-HARE by 17.

The MSU game. I'd never seen Auburn more unprepared in my life until the Arkansas game. From the half way point last season, I knew we were a program in decline but I honestly thought it'd be the midpoint of next season before we'd start talking about firing coaches. The attrition rate raised a number of red flags for me, along with players not paying their rent and deciding to "hit a lick," then the way they came out against Utah State at the beginning of last year. Combine that with continuing to recruit players that were being suspended by their high schools and then wondering why those same players couldn't stay out of trouble once they got to campus. The coaching staff being out manuevered by other coaching staffs on the recruiting trail and on the field. Seeing our highly ranked recruits not develop while other teams equally and allegedly less talented freshmen contribute while ours looked lost. I could continue but we know. I love Auburn but, honestly, I'm done. I could care less anymore. I know for a fact, there is meddling from outside the program and not all is as it seemed with the staff. The PTB got their wish, they got the offense and more that they wanted and good luck finding a better than average head coach.

Really for me it was Arkansas. After Miss State, we put together a good game against LSU, I thought if we came out and beat Arkansas like we should, we would win a few this year. But we laid such an egg, and then continued to do so for the rest of the season. Thing that sucks is, after Clemson I thought we'd have a good year.

Archived