Current Players Support Chizik

jared52

Hoke just tweeted that every player asked after the game supports Chizik staying. I can only think of one reason why, they've been told to. Can anyone think of a reason why this group, who play like they don't have one shred of desire in their being, would want Chizik back? Is he just making their lives that much easier?

I wouldn't. Everyone of those players has the talent to compete for national championships (some have even won one), yet they are on a team with 3 wins. I'd be disgusted to have such talented teammates, yet such poor results.

I ain't buying that the whole team would support him. Some key players that were around in 2010 probably, but many freshman I would think not so much.

You've heard of "coach-speak?" Well, this is "player-speak." None of them are going to come out and say anything that would be considered controversial and/or paint themselves as malcontents.

They know the next guy won't put up with the lack of discipline on this team. We will lose several players over this. But in the end, it will be revealed that those were the problem players. The next coach will struggle with this current lack of discipline!

Because Chizik is a great man. If I wasn't/ had not raised my son, I would want someone like Chizik to be a mentor. Head coach, not so much... He has been like a father figure to the players.

I agree..what could possibly be gained by a player or players publicly berating their current coach. If you are in fact a decent athlete and loyal to Auburn, you would be sadly mistaken to even say something negative should he indeed not be back next week.

Because Chizik is a great man. If I wasn't/ had not raised my son, I would want someone like Chizik to be a mentor. Head coach, not so much... He has been like a father figure to the players.

You know Chizik so well that you'd let him raise your son? Impressive.

I would support someone who let me continue to play week in and week out not giving my all also! They know a new coach would have them so far down the depth chart they would have to leave if Chizik is still at auburn next year I won't even watch college football at all!

I am of the firm belief that we have a team hypnotist. Repeat after me "I love Chiz, he is better than Cats. I would play for him again and again."

Some of you guys need to step away from the edge. No football player in their right mind would throw their coach under the bus, at any level of football.

Thank you sir...excellent point

Anyone that has ever played football had at least one of their coaches on the staff they didnt care for. However, you never made that public. You still respected him. He was still one of your coaches.

Okay, in this case, even if they felt that he needed to go would they really say, "Yes, I think my head coach needs to go." These guys aren't stupid, saying things like that will make any coach, not just Gene Chizik treat you differently down the road.

Archived