MNC, So What?

DKW 86

Hey guys, Listen up.

If :au: goes 13-0 and goes to the Sugar, was that a bad season?

Heck NO!

If we go 12-1, or 11-2, or even 10-3 We have still had a pretty good season.

Hell, we could go 11-2 and still be SEC and Sugar Bowl Champs. Is that a bad season? We would have given anythnig for that just a short while ago.

CTT and the guys are doing us great this year. We have had a very good season and one in which the entire SEC is envious. We are in the driver's seat and control our own destiny. But into any great event there falls a little rain. How is the :au: Family going to respond when we finally see rain, either this season or next? Anyone read the LSU boards lately? Saban is getting cussed from time to time.

Does not getting to play for a MNC make it a bad year? Not to this Tiger!

Face it. The cards are stacked against the Tigers right now. The BcS is a joke, as always. We could win out and still be only SEC Champs and Sugar Bowl Champs. That is still a great season!

It would be a season of Legend too.

1) CTT would be seen as a great Coach, with an Elite Program.

2) :au: is getting the reputation as doing it as right as anyone. Not perfect mind you, but I am so thankful for being part of a University with a team like this one. I really almost feel like the MNC would be just icing on the cake. How many other teams are seen singing a Christian Spiritual/Worship/Hymn on National TV? What about the :AU:Nation's reaction to it? We are breathing the fine air guys. Appreciate it!

3) It would be the final end of the BcS. Thanks CTT for doing away with this b*****d institution, the BcS.

I am DKW 86, I support this message.

Amen!! I do feel the smae way. This team has given us more than at least this tiger deserves. Where the chips may fall let'em fall. We are AUBURN and no matter the result we will be AUBURN!!! AND I LOVE IT!!

WDE

Although, 10-2 with an SEC Championship would be great, it would mean we lost to UGA and Bama. That's hard to stomach any year. I understand your thoughts, and basically agree, but winning the next two is what I consider the "icing" per se'. I put more emphasis on winning the SEC than the NC because there are too many factors involved in the latter beyond wins and losses.

I finally admitted to myself last week that a MNC is probably not a reality now. So beating the ACC Champ (most likely) in the Sugar Bowl and finishing #2 in the BCS will probably be the ceiling for this team.

These are my Bowl projections:

Orange Bowl: USC vs. Oklahoma

Sugar Bowl: Auburn vs. ACC Champ (UVA, Va Tech, Miami or FSU)

Rose Bowl: Wisconsin vs. Cal

Fiesta Bowl: Michigan vs. Texas

Regardless, I agree, it has been a great year.

Archived