4 Year Scholarships

YaBoyMaxWeezy

What will it take for the new coach to get rid of the 4 year guaranteed scholarship rule? It seems the team was very complacent and soft this year and i think this may be part of it. We saw the difference last night of a team full of players that have to come out everyday to compete or they will get processed vs a team that hugs a guy and tells him everything is okay and win or lose you will still be on scholarship.....and we all saw the outcome

What will it take for the new coach to get rid of the 4 year guaranteed scholarship rule? It seems the team was very complacent and soft this year and i think this may be part of it. We saw the difference last night of a team full of players that have to come out everyday to compete or they will get processed vs a team that hugs a guy and tells him everything is okay and win or lose you will still be on scholarship.....and we all saw the outcome

4 year schollies had nothing to do with this disaster. This is on Chizik's arrogance on believing he was right in meddling in the team and not trusting his coaches. And all the while, distancing himself from nearly everyone in the program.

Never posted before. Been following a long time. Been a Auburn fan my entire life. Can't ever remember feeling this way even after an Iron Bowl loss. BOT Chairman nailed the problem in short order.

the 4 year scholarships is part of the entire problem. Another gimmick to try and lure players to come to AU. It's like having the buyout clause in CGC contract. A safety net for the coach and players.

I'm not a fan of $10 million buyouts or 4 year scholarships. I think both make the recipient lazy.

I'm a believer in 'you eat what you kill' and coaches athletes need to always be earning their way and not relying on a guarantee.

Scholarships are still one year and renewable each year. No matter what Auburn propagandizes about 4 year scholarships. If you as a player don't do what is expected/required of you, then they do not have to renew your scholarship. I think the thrust of the 4 year scholarship was that they weren't going to boot you out if for some reason you didn't turn out to be as good as we thought on the field. However, if you aren't meeting the behavior expectations, you can still be non-renewed (e.g. Zeke Pike, Rose, Dyer, et al).

It is funny, 4-year scholarships were the best thing since sliced bread to many of our fans last spring. NS was the devil for not offering 4 year scholarships and cutting loose players (i.e. processing) players who could not cut it at the SEC level.

Now they flip-flop. This is why the people in charge are wise NOT to listen and make decisions based on the whims of fans who change direction like a flag in a tornado.

Some of these same fans who touted our "moral superiority" over UAT because they hired NS now want us to hire BP.

Archived