Malzahn the likely replacement

Rednilla

If we hire Malzahn, it will be the worst hire since Chizik... I like Gus as a person, but I also liked Chizik as a person. I'm sorry, but Gus Malzahn is not ready to be the head coach at Auburn. He has a gimmicky offense that well-coached defenses can shut down. He will not be able to recruit the big time defensive recruits ... AND ... He has never developed a quarterback!!!

If AU wants to compete with the alabamas, LSUs, and UGAs... Malzahn is not the right choice. It will be more of the same. 6-6 or 7-5, with losses to all the big boys.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mayor was not "guessing"....he was told something. Whether that comes to fruition or not, who knows. But he was not known EVER for just throwing out "guesses" without stating "this is a guess but...." In fact, it was quite the opposite, he never tended to post anything unless he had heard it from someone he deemed credible, and he was usually right.

This is true. And it's not exactly whether it comes to fruition; it's whether Dr. Gouge will remove Jacobs from the AD position. If that happens, Fisher will be the coach. As it does not appear that it will happen (at this moment in time, at least) it is most likely Malzahn.

That is NOT who Mayor predicts BTW.

I know. But Mayor's prediction is based upon Dr. Gouge letting go of Jay Jacobs. I asked ST about it, and he said, again, if Jacobs is let go, things change...and in that case, I suspect Mayor will be right. But we shall see.

I get it. We aren't a part of the AE clan. They know something we don't know, nanny nanny boo boo. By the way, ST, the grand poobah of the AE boys, just tweeted "Petrino and Jeff Fisher still in play but I believe JJ goes the safe route with Malzahn". Dude is guessing. It also appears that he is no longer saying Jimbo is the front runner.

Yes he is guessing. "Earth shattering" I know.

wde

He has a better track record than anyone else does in this line of work...even though he doesn't get paid for it.

What has he gotten right that didn't involve a recruit's decision? He sure didn't have Chizik, loeffler or van gorder.

If Gus is offered the job, I hope he does Auburn a solid and turns the job down or get ready for more years of mediocrity.

Seeing the predictability of the offense in '11, and what we saw this year, does it occur to you that , maybe, it was Chizik, and not Malzahn, who was in control ? Just askin' the question.

That is NOT who Mayor predicts BTW.

I know. But Mayor's prediction is based upon Dr. Gouge letting go of Jay Jacobs. I asked ST about it, and he said, again, if Jacobs is let go, things change...and in that case, I suspect Mayor will be right. But we shall see.

I get it. We aren't a part of the AE clan. They know something we don't know, nanny nanny boo boo. By the way, ST, the grand poobah of the AE boys, just tweeted "Petrino and Jeff Fisher still in play but I believe JJ goes the safe route with Malzahn". Dude is guessing. It also appears that he is no longer saying Jimbo is the front runner.

Yes he is guessing. "Earth shattering" I know.

wde

He has a better track record than anyone else does in this line of work...even though he doesn't get paid for it.

Name some names. If you mean PM and Jeff Lee I agree.

wde

If gus, it will not end well. Gus was part of the problem. please be one of the other candidates.

Actually, I think AU only won the games they did because of Gus. Gus wouldn't be the worst hire, but not the best either.

Gus is an AMAZING Offensive Coordinator. But, being a REBUILDER of an entire program with a rabid fanbase that doesent have 4 years for an experiment is very, very different.

I hope the 'Committee' as they are calling it, if there even is one, doesent screw this up. They need to swing for the fences and come up with an HR, not a safe single with thie hire.

If gus, it will not end well. Gus was part of the problem. please be one of the other candidates.

If Gus was ' part of the problem ', then wouldn't Chizik have been the bigger part ? And with that gone, how do you know Gus won't set us back on track ?

Auburn will continue to get their asses handed to them by Nick Saban if Malzahn in the head coach. JJ has to go. If he is retained, mediocrity or worse is all we have to look forward to in all major sports

The NCAA story will scare some candidates off. It always depends on the money. I do not believe Mrs Malzahn will ever agree to return to AU.

Wow. You know what. You're on your own. Guess away.

Wow. You know what. You're on your own. Guess away.

I'm telling you dude, I wish things were back to the way they use to be...

It will not be Malzahn! That comes from a member of his current staff who SAID that he had already turned Ark. down and would CERTAINLY not go to Auburn. He has a verbal commitment to stay there 3 years and intends to keep it. People are making sh.... up to sell stuff.

It will not be Malzahn! That comes from a member of his current staff who SAID that he had already turned Ark. down and would CERTAINLY not go to Auburn. He has a verbal commitment to stay there 3 years and intends to keep it. People are making sh.... up to sell stuff.

I hope to god you're right... Gus will bring year after year of mediocre football.

What do you mean? How do you want things?

He means that he wishes everyone took certain people's dogma and followed along unquestioning like a good sheep. Sorta like a cult.

what do you expect Gus to say? Is it "I will leave here in a pine box". The job is not offer to him yet, he is still have a game left with sun belt conference champ on the line.

Gus Malzahn would be a great hire. He is a great coach and a great man. Why so much dislike for Gus? If he becomes the HC at an SEC school you will see how good he really is.

1. Gus took a young 2011 team and got 8 wins out of them. We lose Gus and a more talented 2012 team wins only 3 games....Gus was the difference! Very similar to Arkansas' downfall with the loss of Petrino.

2. What offensive coordinator could have done better with Trotter and Mosley as the only QB options in 2011? Not Petrino! Gus also did well with Chris Todd in 2009. (Todd holds the Auburn single season touchdown record!)

3. Gus has more than 1 year of head coaching exp...He won three state championships as a high school head coach. And yes coaching, motivating, and leading 15-18 yr old high school boys to play at a championship level is not much different than leading 18-23 yr old boys to play at a high level.

4. Gus is very qualify to clean house at Auburn because he has seen the problems first hand.

Gus was the bright spot of Chizik's time at Auburn and he was handcuffed by Chizik during his time here. He beat Saban in 2010 and almost beat Saban in 2009 (26-21, Alabama went on to win the NC).

People are saying Gus was part of the problem? I know we are upset about this season but don't start blaming Gus...

Gus is more proven at the college level than Jeff Fisher.

Gus is just as good of an offensive mastermind as Bobby Petrino.

Gus is a better offensive mind than Jimbo Fisher. FSU is winning because Mark Stoops runs their Defense, not because they have a powerful offense.

Archived