Malzahn the likely replacement

Rednilla

ST seems to have mitt romney type sources. he had jimbo for 2 weeks.

I can't help but recall the alleged "lockdown" and FBI raid of the UAT athletic complex, where Mayor and ST had inside sources that knew the whole story. Still waiting on all the arrests and everything else they predicted about that to come to pass. Seems like a reporter was also supposed to be indicted as a part of that deal.

BTW, not being critical of ST and Mayor, I know they have sources. However, my guess is that sometimes those sources (or someone up the line) have an agenda and they end up leaking false information to further that agenda.

All that to say, I will believe it when JJ announces it.

What do you mean? How do you want things?

He means that he wishes everyone took certain people's dogma and followed along unquestioning like a good sheep. Sorta like a cult.

Or just not be a *****. Apparently that is hard for some people to accomplish. ^^^^^^^

*****? I don't even know her. WDE!

That's the 2nd time I've been called a name in the last half hour. If what I said was incorrect I invite you to show me why I'm wrong. If your only retort is name calling I invite you to grow up.

Do you mean like calling people sheep or being cult members? Something kind of like that?

Do you remember the night Loeffler was hired on AE? Everyone knew that it was an awful hire, and most people said so. I had 2 posts deleted. Both posts basically amounted to "we waited 2 months to hire Temple's inexperienced oc". I wasn't the only one who was censored for being honest saying this was an awful hire. Same thing happened when Chizik was hired. My point is if you didn't have a positive reaction to everything on that site your opinion didn't matter. That's the end of my rant.

So your complaining about yourself complaining?....mmmk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus has never developed a college QB on his own. i would rather give him a few years to see how well he develops a QB he recruited and coached up. Cam was "ready to go" and so was his Senior QB at ASU. He needs to be somewhere long enough he can show if he can develop a QB. I think he has lucked into a lot of what he is given credit for.

I look at what he did with Todd in one season, not to mention Todd only participated in fall camp.....never has the luxury of having his guy for 3 or 4 years..........I mean Muschamp had never been a HC yet Foley hired him and his program was 11-1 in year two.....

Once again a QB that had been worked with by another coach, and had another year experience when Gus got to him.

Where did all his developed QB's go when Cam left? Why were we in the situation of having NO deleloped QB's This year... or last year?

Even Petrinos Back ups (often freshman) were better developed than any QB we have had... minus Cam.

I wan't to see what he does at ASU with the QB's in the next few years.

I think Gus would take the Arkansas job before the Auburn HC. That fits his family very well being from the state. Arkansas has the same type money we have. Jimbo Fisher seems like the best splash for us. My early money is on Charlie Strong, not because I like him he just seems to fit a lot of things that would make the masses happy.

Malzahn might end up being the hire but at this point, I believe he's a 'plan B' guy if the "BOOM" candidates don't materialize.

Agreed. Not my #1 choice. I want to see who's in this "pool" JJ mentioned.

I think Gus would take the Arkansas job before the Auburn HC. That fits his family very well being from the state. Arkansas has the same type money we have. Jimbo Fisher seems like the best splash for us. My early money is on Charlie Strong, not because I like him he just seems to fit a lot of things that would make the masses happy.

Arkansas cannot stand Gus so no that wouldn't even be a option for him or his wife.

I want no parts of Gus...he's tied to Chiz. I don't want anybody who is tied to Chiz. I like Gus...did a great job with Cam but Gus hand picked KF for Auburn as a QB. How is that working out? Even if KF runs a spread offense..the kid looks completely scared and timid playing in the SEC. If Gus can't pick a QB in SEC what do you think he is going to do on the defense side of the ball. I'll pass on Gus. Plus...he loves ARKY and that job is open. ARKY probably wouldn't want him as HC so why would he be on our list? Gus should go after the OC job at ARKY.

Arkansas cannot stand Gus so no that wouldn't even be a option for him or his wife.

He was in their top 2 when the Petrino fiasco took place.

He was in their top 2 when the Petrino fiasco took place.

I live in Arkansas. I can assure you the backlash of having Gus back at the ville would have been tremendous. Secondly, I doubt JLS would have been hired over Gus. Arkansas knew they needed a temporary guy who the current players knew while they found a coach. If Gus would've been hired than they would have had to scrap everything that the razorbacks players knew at the time.

Malzahn might end up being the hire but at this point, I believe he's a 'plan B' guy if the "BOOM" candidates don't materialize.

This.^^^ We're in good shape either way. We need a top notch balls-to-the-wall AD though (not just an ex player who's somebodies friend).

Most ppl don't know what they are talking about with Gus. The man has a gift for x's/o's and knows how to get players to perform to their peaks. He uses a game theory approach to football (every kind of leverage he can legally find). This "SEC has caught up with him" is overblown. Ask Hugh Freeze. He stole so much from Gus, "Gus ain't even got a pair a draws left". We've got some foundational issues to address in terms of toughness and maturity that may not necessarily be something Gus has experience with (other than HS). But, that doesn't mean he can't fix.

This hire would make NO sense... Let's fire Chizik and hire his understudy!!! An understudy with NO experience!

Like it or not... Gus is tied to Chizik. If Auburn really wants to "clean house", they have to cut ties with Chiz and his assistants. (past or present)

This hire would make NO sense... Let's fire Chizik and hire his understudy!!! An understudy with NO experience!

Like it or not... Gus is tied to Chizik. If Auburn really wants to "clean house", they have to cut ties with Chiz and his assistants. (past or present)

100% Agree!

Archived