Malzahn the likely replacement

Rednilla

This hire would make NO sense... Let's fire Chizik and hire his understudy!!! An understudy with NO experience!

Like it or not... Gus is tied to Chizik. If Auburn really wants to "clean house", they have to cut ties with Chiz and his assistants. (past or present)

Gus took a huge paycut to get "untied" from CGC. I don't get your point.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This hire would make NO sense... Let's fire Chizik and hire his understudy!!! An understudy with NO experience!

Like it or not... Gus is tied to Chizik. If Auburn really wants to "clean house", they have to cut ties with Chiz and his assistants. (past or present)

Gus is in no way Chizik's understudy. Gus ran like the wind away from Chizik.

wde

wde

Point is, this is a safe hire... Gus will do no better than Chizik. One of our biggest problems is PLAYER DEVELOPMENT.

Gus has never stayed anywhere long enough to develop his talent. So can he develop talent...? None of us know... but, is that what this program needs right now?... to take another chance on an up-and-comer... Maybe it will work out??? Maybe?

No. We need a proven winner. A big name coach... proven winner, recruiter, disciplinarian, developer of talent, committed to strength and conditioning, ect... To HELL with the baggage or "Auburn Man" bull crap!!! I hope our next coach is the biggest a**hole in the world. If he wins, I don't care!!!

wde

Point is, this is a safe hire... Gus will do no better than Chizik. One of our biggest problems is PLAYER DEVELOPMENT.

Gus has never stayed anywhere long enough to develop his talent. So can he develop talent...? None of us know... but, is that what this program needs right now?... to take another chance on an up-and-comer... Maybe it will work out??? Maybe?

No. We need a proven winner. A big name coach... proven winner, recruiter, disciplinarian, developer of talent, committed to strength and conditioning, ect... To HELL with the baggage or "Auburn Man" bull crap!!! I hope our next coach is the biggest a**hole in the world. If he wins, I don't care!!!

This pretty much says it all. :)

I think Gus would be an easy hire and not a bad hire but definitely not in my top 5 choices Top 10 though. I would love Charlie Strong as head coach with BVG as d-cord and Petrino as o-cord. That would be explosive on both sides and big time recruiting recruiting on both sides plus you get petrino without him calling the shots. He will be a head coach some where though. This is just my wish list.

Gus wil not be the coach. Not after the 2012 sh*tshow. Need a proven winner

If JJ is involved, you better hope that Gus is hired, because Gus is an absolute home run hire for Jay Jacobs.

wde

Gus Malzahn would be a great hire. He is a great coach and a great man. Why so much dislike for Gus? If he becomes the HC at an SEC school you will see how good he really is.

1. Gus took a young 2011 team and got 8 wins out of them. We lose Gus and a more talented 2012 team wins only 3 games....Gus was the difference! Very similar to Arkansas' downfall with the loss of Petrino.

2. What offensive coordinator could have done better with Trotter and Mosley as the only QB options in 2011? Not Petrino! Gus also did well with Chris Todd in 2009. (Todd holds the Auburn single season touchdown record!)

3. Gus has more than 1 year of head coaching exp...He won three state championships as a high school head coach. And yes coaching, motivating, and leading 15-18 yr old high school boys to play at a championship level is not much different than leading 18-23 yr old boys to play at a high level.

4. Gus is very qualify to clean house at Auburn because he has seen the problems first hand.

Gus was the bright spot of Chizik's time at Auburn and he was handcuffed by Chizik during his time here. He beat Saban in 2010 and almost beat Saban in 2009 (26-21, Alabama went on to win the NC).

People are saying Gus was part of the problem? I know we are upset about this season but don't start blaming Gus...

Gus is more proven at the college level than Jeff Fisher.

Gus is just as good of an offensive mastermind as Bobby Petrino.

Gus is a better offensive mind than Jimbo Fisher. FSU is winning because Mark Stoops runs their Defense, not because they have a powerful offense.

I agree with pretty much all you wrote. I could whole-heartedly support any of the other three mentioned above, but I truly believe Gus could turn it around much quicker than anyone. I think he knows Auburn and knows the problems.

If JJ is involved, you better hope that Gus is hired, because Gus is an absolute home run hire for Jay Jacobs.

wde

How? JJ takes another chance on an unproven coach like GC? LOL. That gutless worm knows he better hire a PROVEN winner. Bobby P.

wde

How? JJ takes another chance on an unproven coach like GC? LOL. That gutless worm knows he better hire a PROVEN winner. Bobby P.

I'm beginning to wonder about the auburn community with statements like that

Gus Malzahn would be a great hire. He is a great coach and a great man. Why so much dislike for Gus? If he becomes the HC at an SEC school you will see how good he really is.

1. Gus took a young 2011 team and got 8 wins out of them. We lose Gus and a more talented 2012 team wins only 3 games....Gus was the difference! Very similar to Arkansas' downfall with the loss of Petrino.

2. What offensive coordinator could have done better with Trotter and Mosley as the only QB options in 2011? Not Petrino! Gus also did well with Chris Todd in 2009. (Todd holds the Auburn single season touchdown record!)

3. Gus has more than 1 year of head coaching exp...He won three state championships as a high school head coach. And yes coaching, motivating, and leading 15-18 yr old high school boys to play at a championship level is not much different than leading 18-23 yr old boys to play at a high level.

4. Gus is very qualify to clean house at Auburn because he has seen the problems first hand.

Gus was the bright spot of Chizik's time at Auburn and he was handcuffed by Chizik during his time here. He beat Saban in 2010 and almost beat Saban in 2009 (26-21, Alabama went on to win the NC).

People are saying Gus was part of the problem? I know we are upset about this season but don't start blaming Gus...

Gus is more proven at the college level than Jeff Fisher.

Gus is just as good of an offensive mastermind as Bobby Petrino.

Gus is a better offensive mind than Jimbo Fisher. FSU is winning because Mark Stoops runs their Defense, not because they have a powerful offense.

I agree with pretty much all you wrote. I could whole-heartedly support any of the other three mentioned above, but I truly believe Gus could turn it around much quicker than anyone. I think he knows Auburn and knows the problems.

If Gus is hired, Pat Dye would be at every practice... Would that be ok.

You see, thats what we need to stay away from... Get rid of the good ol' boy network. I want someone who will run HIS OWN program! Tell JJ, and Pat Dye and whoever else, to stick it!!! Gus would embrace the good ol' boys.

Oh and if Gus comes on board we will probably be stuck with Frazier at QB again..... Proven recipe for failure!

Proven? Not even remotely. A new staff is likely to do things differently and its ridiculous to assume no player development when a new staff hasn't been announced. Besides, if it is Malzahn, Frazier will be back in the offense that he KNOWS how to run.

Oh and if Gus comes on board we will probably be stuck with Frazier at QB again..... Proven recipe for failure!

And this one

KF has issues, but in his defense he's not built for loefflers system, he has the build for Gus'. Though,he may have been a recruiting bust.

Same thing i said about Gus and KF. Gus hand picked KF. How is he working out? Even if KF runs the spread I don't see him getting that much better. He looks scared and timid playing against guys in the SEC. If Gus can't pick a QB what do people think he is going to do to the defense? Gus should be towards the bottom of the list. I don't even want him on the list!

I think thats a unfair assessment seeing how he was molded in the spread. Specifically, Gus's spread offense at that. Khiel looked bad in Loeffler's package for a reason.

Proven? Not even remotely. A new staff is likely to do things differently and its ridiculous to assume no player development when a new staff hasn't been announced. Besides, if it is Malzahn, Frazier will be back in the offense that he KNOWS how to run.

Unfortunately, the only O Frazier can run effectively is the Shiloh HS O. Gus realized that in 2011 when he basically only allowed KF to run the ball and only throw it to pre-determined receivers.

wde

Same thing i said about Gus and KF. Gus hand picked KF. How is he working out? Even if KF runs the spread I don't see him getting that much better. He looks scared and timid playing against guys in the SEC. If Gus can't pick a QB what do people think he is going to do to the defense? Gus should be towards the bottom of the list. I don't even want him on the list!

I'm not sure Tom Brady, oh sorry, Tommy Brady could make Loeffler look competent. Seriously, how can you judge a QB with the retarded mess of play calling we had this year. I award your post no points.

I'm not sure Tom Brady, oh sorry, Tommy Brady could make Loeffler look competent. Seriously, how can you judge a QB with the retarded mess of play calling we had this year. I award your post no points.

I don't give 2 s(#$!@ about your points. If KF was as good as advertised he would have shown SOME kind of signs that he would be a good QB regardless of the play calling and offense ran. There were no signs what so ever he can even run Gus's spread which he was bought in to do! KF still has to go through his reads...he still has to show leadership...he still has to exhibit no fear in whatever offense he runs! He is NOT built for the SEC in any capacity..spread or pro.

I don't give 2 s(#$!@ about your points. If KF was as good as advertised he would have shown SOME kind of signs that he would be a good QB regardless of the play calling and offense ran. There were no signs what so ever he can even run Gus's spread which he was bought in to do! KF still has to go through his reads...he still has to show leadership...he still has to exhibit no fear in whatever offense he runs! He is NOT built for the SEC in any capacity..spread or pro.

Angry.

Archived