Sporting News' Opinion on Auburn Hiring Petrino

DyeHardAllTheWay

Pat Dye broke down Petrino in a few words last week when he said to look at the condition Arkansas was in when he left. And also when he asked if he had ever won any kind of chanpionship. He is toxic IMO and we can do better.

Dye is a senile old man. Give him a couple bottles of booze and send him back to his tree farm.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a Falcons fan living in Atlanta and wasn't that surprised/bummed the way he left. Could it have been handed better? Probably, but what a horrible season that ended up being with Vick and his dog issues. I really don't blame him for getting out of there quickly.

Pat Dye broke down Petrino in a few words last week when he said to look at the condition Arkansas was in when he left. And also when he asked if he had ever won any kind of chanpionship. He is toxic IMO and we can do better.

Dye is a senile old man. Give him a couple bottles of booze and send him back to his tree farm.

This is becoming the Auburn that I don't want. No matter what you have done for my school, people talk about you like this. Dye is a legend and basically put us on the map in lots of ways. To speak of Pat Dye in this way is just wrong...especially when most don't know what they are talking about.

This is becoming the Auburn that I don't want. No matter what you have done for my school, people talk about you like this. Dye is a legend and basically put us on the map in lots of ways. To speak of Pat Dye in this way is just wrong...especially when most don't know what they are talking about.

Under who's watch did Auburn football receive their last round of major violations? I'll give you a couple hints: he drank a lot, cheated on his wife and the field is named after him. Yet we want to take issue with Petrino's past?

I vote NO on Petrino!

My vote didn't count earlier this month and it won't count now either. The idiots in charge of the asylum will bring in whoever they want.

If he could recruit better than he did at Arkansas and actually put together a defense then I would support him. I just remember his defense being weak at Arkansas.

^^^This^^^ It needs to be written into his contract that he has to hire one of the top 5 D-coordinators in the country.

If Petrino was as tough a SOB as some seem to think he would have lasted longer at some of his other stops. I agree we need someone intimidating who commands respect, just not sure about how long he would stick around.

Petrino, B. Stoops, Malzhan, are my top choices at the moment. I would love to hire Gary Patterson as well. I think the new coach will come from probably the first 3 candidates.

You don't know who these people making the comments...and they don't want anyone to know who they are. Lots of trolls on this board wanting to help AU make the "right" decison.

Meanwhile, everyone should get to know the real Bobby...it'a in't just about adultry (as if that were a small thing) . This should tell anyone that cares about AUBURN UNIVESITY all they need to know.

I'm a Falcons fan living in Atlanta and wasn't that surprised/bummed the way he left. Could it have been handed better? Probably, but what a horrible season that ended up being with Vick and his dog issues. I really don't blame him for getting out of there quickly.

+1

the atl fans that hate petrino are usually the MV7 lovers. Vick was the problem in atl that season

I don't give out my real name on anonymous internet message boards.

Both my wife are Auburn graduates. I graduated with a degree in Information Systems Management and my wife's degree is Zoology.

Better "AU64"?

Both my wife are Auburn graduates. I graduated with a degree in Information Systems Management and my wife's degree is Zoology.

Better "AU64"?

I am starting to wonder if the divide in the fan base is about the future coach or about the fans. Hmmmmm

Better "AU64"?

My view is that if you want to malign someone related to AU by name...you should do let them know who is saying it. Because, no matter what, I don't see it as the Auburn way to contribute to the nastiness against AU people or AU that is prevalent throughout the state media.

Petrino's record as a head coach is a good one and although football coaching legends are rarely saints, lying under oath to law enforcement (until he was caught and had to change his story) is on a different planet altogether. IMHO. Don't need him that badly.

Petrino's record as a head coach is a good one and although football coaching legends are rarely saints, lying under oath to law enforcement (until he was caught and had to change his story) is on a different planet altogether. IMHO. Don't need him that badly.

I don't think he was sworn in. Surely he would've been indicted for perjury if so...

I would love to cross examine you on your research, find out just how much you really know. If you would proffer the evidence of your research for all of us to know, then it wouldn't be a baseless opinion, but, what you just wrote was a baseless opinion.

I don't have to offer evidence. Anyone can read articles written about the man. So, I guess to humor your sarcastic inquiry, no I have never personally seen BP around his players. I have to inquire as to how do you know he doesn't or isn't. Since you are so sure of yourself I'm sure you could enlighten all of us opinionated podunks with your grand wisdom of everything.

So we have an inference on where you are getting your research, it is the internet, we all know that you can believe anything you read on there. If you read expert opinions when Cameron Newton allegedly took money from Auburn the whole nation thought he did. This is exactly what you are doing. I'm not having a bad day, I'm tired of baseless opinions. I could tell you I heard that, Sean Payton was going to be our headcoach and that I did alot of research on the internet that a written by people who have as much of a clue that you do about Bobby Petrino. All I am saying is you are making yourself look ignorant, I'm not trying to pick a fight, you are an Auburn fan and I expect better.

For someone not trying to "pick a fight", you sure seem quick to tear this person down after every post he makes. If you are "tired of baseless opinions" you should get off of the message boards, as they are typically 90% baseless opinions. I don't know you from Adam's housecat, but the tone of your posts makes you come off like a douche. We are all just throwing out speculation on who our next coach will be. Everyone has their own opinion, and not everyone will agree with that opinion. No need to call people out for voicing opinions.

BTW, I have read many of the same articles that quote Arkansas beat-writers and former players, talking of how strict Petrino was, and how he handled issues. He is a strict disciplinarian that eats, sleeps, breathes and pisses SEC football. You can hate the man for his personal issues all you want, but the facts support that he is one hell of a coach. I think the entire SEC would lose a little sleep if Petrino were announced as our new HC. This is my opinion, though, so TIFWIW.

War Eagle!

I would love to cross examine you on your research, find out just how much you really know. If you would proffer the evidence of your research for all of us to know, then it wouldn't be a baseless opinion, but, what you just wrote was a baseless opinion.

I don't have to offer evidence. Anyone can read articles written about the man. So, I guess to humor your sarcastic inquiry, no I have never personally seen BP around his players. I have to inquire as to how do you know he doesn't or isn't. Since you are so sure of yourself I'm sure you could enlighten all of us opinionated podunks with your grand wisdom of everything.

So we have an inference on where you are getting your research, it is the internet, we all know that you can believe anything you read on there. If you read expert opinions when Cameron Newton allegedly took money from Auburn the whole nation thought he did. This is exactly what you are doing. I'm not having a bad day, I'm tired of baseless opinions. I could tell you I heard that, Sean Payton was going to be our headcoach and that I did alot of research on the internet that a written by people who have as much of a clue that you do about Bobby Petrino. All I am saying is you are making yourself look ignorant, I'm not trying to pick a fight, you are an Auburn fan and I expect better.

For someone not trying to "pick a fight", you sure seem quick to tear this person down after every post he makes. If you are "tired of baseless opinions" you should get off of the message boards, as they are typically 90% baseless opinions. I don't know you from Adam's housecat, but the tone of your posts makes you come off like a douche. We are all just throwing out speculation on who our next coach will be. Everyone has their own opinion, and not everyone will agree with that opinion. No need to call people out for voicing opinions.

BTW, I have read many of the same articles that quote Arkansas beat-writers and former players, talking of how strict Petrino was, and how he handled issues. He is a strict disciplinarian that eats, sleeps, breathes and pisses SEC football. You can hate the man for his personal issues all you want, but the facts support that he is one hell of a coach. I think the entire SEC would lose a little sleep if Petrino were announced as our new HC. This is my opinion, though, so TIFWIW.

War Eagle!

Don't you mean that this is your "baseless opinion"? Lol…

War Eagle!

Don't you mean that this is your "baseless opinion"? Lol…

Yes, yes I do.

All opinions are, by definition, baseless. Defiant's pontificating has an odiferous aroma.

Is that a superfluous redundancy?

http://www.al.com/au...bobby_petr.html

I say go for him. I don't see a better, more proven coach available to us. Hayes hit the nail on the head. We don't need a choirboy, we need a tough SOB.

How many times does Petrino have to give us the shaft before you people will get the word that he is irresponsible and undependable? He already walked out on us once at the most imopportune time possible. He did the same to LOouisville and Atlanta. He'll do it to everyone he works for. It makes him feel important. We'd be foolihs to let him do taht to us again.

Archived