Research firm calling AU Alumni

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a message from it.....that is all. I had a change of watch ceremony, but someone told me it asked to pick between Petrino, Fisher, Gus, or Smart.

What in the hell are doing with a research firm asking the alumni who we want to be the coach.....Why don't we just put a poll up on the website.

JJ has no business hiring another coach.

Damn sure hope its not smart!!!!!!!

I don't see it happening. I think it's between Fisher, Patterson, Gundy, and an unnamed coach. Gus and BP are backups.

I don't see it happening. I think it's between Fisher, Patterson, Gundy, and an unnamed coach. Gus and BP are backups.

Judging by JJ's record...I'll put my money on 'unnamed coach'! hahaha

I got this call and had answered the questions. The coaches mentioned were the choices. I mentioned on another post. I also pointed out that they asked questions about if I was a season ticket holder and my church attendance. Made me think they were testing the response they would get to hiring petrino. I did ask the person if I could add a comment, and they said it was possible. So I asked o put on my survey that they should be replacing JJ because he is the one who will screw it up.

This is just a hunch based upon what he told the press, but I am pretty sure JJ is pushing for Smart. He is following the same mold he used for hiring Chizik, get a defensive CO and let him hire a good OC. I just hope JJ doesn't have the pull to get his way this time.

This is very cool. Maybe during the season next year they will poll the crowd on what play to run on first down. :drippingsarcasm7pa:

These kinds of decisions cannot be made by popularity polls. If the athletic department is using this firm to test the waters, it is a cop out or they are trying to justify hiring Petrino by hoping to see how fans feel about his negatives. I can see no other legitimate reason to so this at this very early point in the "search."

Petrino Mahlzan Smart and Jimbo Fisher were the 4 choices I was asked.

Fisher, of those 4 choices. I seriously doubt he's a viable option, though. I know I've heard his name left and right, but leave FSU? Something behind the scenes would have to be very wrong in Tallahassee. I think it's contract leverage.

Petrino, to me, would be the best choice, despite his personal issues that landed him unemployed to begin with. However, we wouldn't have to pay a buyout to get him here which may mean better assistants getting paid more money!

Petrino, to me, would be the best choice, despite his personal issues that landed him unemployed to begin with. However, we wouldn't have to pay a buyout to get him here which may mean better assistants getting paid more money!

Interesting way to look at it

Just what I feared..It's Friday now and the only candidate we've interviewed is Charlie Strong, while Jay Jacobs is doing a census poll on the phones. The longer we wait, our candidate pool will keep shrinking. Cal has been said to have interest in Petrino, Arkansas is after either Gary Patterson or Chris Peterson, with the same backup plan as we have in Gus Malzahn, and who knows what Tennessee is doing. NC State is hiring Sonny Dykes. So, lets say that Cal lands Petrino, Arkansas settles for Malzahn, and Tennessee has to settle for the next best thing and takes Larry Fedora or something. I think Patterson, Peterson, and the two Fishers are just playing the try to get a better contract game, the time to make a hire is now, unless we want to be stuck with Willy Taggart or something.

This is very cool. Maybe during the season next year they will poll the crowd on what play to run on first down. :drippingsarcasm7pa:

These kinds of decisions cannot be made by popularity polls. If the athletic department is using this firm to test the waters, it is a cop out or they are trying to justify hiring Petrino by hoping to see how fans feel about his negatives. I can see no other legitimate reason to so this at this very early point in the "search."

Amen. I covered this long ago in my signature.

The only thing, I have to wonder if this is a MEDIA poll and not a poll commissioned by AU. If it was done by AU for the purpose of choosing a coach, someone else should be fired.

The polling question could be to see what the popularity of hiring Petrino would be. Not an awful idea if you plan on hiring someone with a shady past and want to see what percentage of the contributing alumnus would be on board.

Archived