Research firm calling AU Alumni

DyeHardAllTheWay

I got a message from it.....that is all. I had a change of watch ceremony, but someone told me it asked to pick between Petrino, Fisher, Gus, or Smart.

I woulda voted Gus and Petrino for OC and HC respectively then Smart for DC

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a message from it.....that is all. I had a change of watch ceremony, but someone told me it asked to pick between Petrino, Fisher, Gus, or Smart.

I woulda voted Gus and Petrino for OC and HC respectively then Smart for DC

I might be able to stomach BP as OC but having trouble accepting him as HC. I like your selections though.

BP's replacement (Smith) seems to be doing pretty well in the same NFL job with the same owner. Maybe Arthur Blank had a change of heart and stopped undermining his head coach after BP's departure. Or possibly, the problem left after notes were deposited in the lockers.

Ever hear of roster turnover? It happens alot in the NFL and comparing BP's Atlanta team (who lost Vick before he ever took a snap under Petrino) to this Falcon team is probably the dumbest argument ever. But hey, why don't you start a campaign to hire him instead of trying to block the guy a majority of us want? Btw, the notes were left on the lockers after the owner locked Petrino.

Dumbest argument ever. Really? Ever? That's pretty funny. Your argument doesn't really support the notion that BP does more with inferior talent (i.e. roster change) I don't think any of us have the ability to hire or block anyone's hire. This is a forum for information and opinions. I suppose all opposing opinions are incorrect. My apologies.

BP's replacement (Smith) seems to be doing pretty well in the same NFL job with the same owner. Maybe Arthur Blank had a change of heart and stopped undermining his head coach after BP's departure. Or possibly, the problem left after notes were deposited in the lockers.

Ever hear of roster turnover? It happens alot in the NFL and comparing BP's Atlanta team (who lost Vick before he ever took a snap under Petrino) to this Falcon team is probably the dumbest argument ever. But hey, why don't you start a campaign to hire him instead of trying to block the guy a majority of us want? Btw, the notes were left on the lockers after the owner locked Petrino.

Dumbest argument ever. Really? Ever? That's pretty funny. Your argument doesn't really support the notion that BP does more with inferior talent (i.e. roster change) I don't think any of us have the ability to hire or block anyone's hire. This is a forum for information and opinions. I suppose all opposing opinions are incorrect. My apologies.

When I said dumbest argument ever I didn't realize you would counter with NFL failure = A damn thing when it comes to coaching CFB. I stand corrected.

This thread is a perfect example of why the anti Petrino crowd just doesn't get it. All coaches come and go. Some just win a hell of alot more than others. Btw, if we hire someone besides Petrino are we gonna crucify them for leaving their current school holding the rope? Pfffttttt.

It's not about a coach leaving a school for me. It's about their word and the breaking of contracts. If Gary Patterson is interviewing for jobs I could only hope that he has the blessing from TCU. There is a big difference in doing things the right way and doing things behind someones back.

Gary Patterson also signed a contract less than 2 years ago through 2018. Its hypocrisy man.

His contract more than likely states that he can speak with anyone about another job as long as TCU is aware and approves it.

It called honoring your contract!!!

Pure speculation on your part to justify the hypocrisy. Plain and simple.

Gary Patterson also signed a contract less than 2 years ago through 2018. Its hypocrisy man.

His contract more than likely states that he can speak with anyone about another job as long as TCU is aware and approves it.

My post, about his contract, was an educated guess. I see no reason for Patterson to sneak around TCU's back.

However, it is not "pure speculation" that Petrino will sneak around!!! That is a proven fact!!!!! "Plain and simple"

yawn!!! doing what most coaches do makes it not sneaking it around, just a reality of the job, take care of yourself, because there is no real commitment to you. reality.

My post, about his contract, was an educated guess. I see no reason for Patterson to sneak around TCU's back.

However, it is not "pure speculation" that Petrino will sneak around!!! That is a proven fact!!!!! "Plain and simple"

Lol educated guess. I'm sure part of that 7 year contract with TCU clearly stipulates that he is free to flirt with whoever he choose. Please.

Lol educated guess. I'm sure part of that 7 year contract with TCU clearly stipulates that he is free to flirt with whoever he choose. Please.

I see the problem here... Did I ever say that he could freely flirt with anyone?

If Gary Patterson wanted to interview for the Auburn job I am 100% positive that he would tell the proper people at TCU. I am 100% positive that if he did this TCU would give him their blessings. The man has been at TCU for 12 years and has earned respect and loyalty. If Gary decided to switch schools the $28 million would be expected under his current contract. That would be up to TCU to follow up in court about the money and I can only speculate how they would handle that situation.

yawn!!! doing what most coaches do makes it not sneaking it around, just a reality of the job, take care of yourself, because there is no real commitment to you. reality.

All coaches don't sneak around. Reality is that if you win you will be taking care of yourself and the school will stay commited to you.

Gary Patterson has done great things at TCU and is the last coach that I would think has any reason to be worried about his job.

Another ostrich with its head in the stand who refuses to see the differences between just infidelity opposed to that same infidelity along with a pattern of lying to your boss repeatedly about your affair and lying about hiring your mistress, lying to the police in an official investigation, hiring your mistress ahead of a slate of better qualified applicants, exposing the institution to litigation and taking his ball and going home when the going got tough in Atlanta.

Another ostrich with its head in the stand who refuses to see the differences between just infidelity opposed to that same infidelity along with a pattern of lying to your boss repeatedly about your affair and lying about hiring your mistress, lying to the police in an official investigation, hiring your mistress ahead of a slate of better qualified applicants, exposing the institution to litigation and taking his ball and going home when the going got tough in Atlanta.

Just when I thought that I was the only sane Auburn fan left

I sure hope this doesn't get alot of play in the media, this is embarrassing.

+1

Archived