Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hire him and I will NOT support him. Players, yes! University, absolutely! The man? NO WAY IN HELL!

For those who want him based on winning games..............sad. Just plain sad! Don't EVER let me see who use the Auburn Creed or value system to explain a damn thing in the future! The man is a law breaker and he still has the ink on his fingers to prove it.

>:(

I seem to remember Tubs saying something about leaving Ol' Miss in a pine box...shortly before taking the AU job. Coaches lie.

Not just coaches. Would you admit to your employer that youre job hunting?

I am job hunting and no, I don't plan to tell my current employer until I have landed another written job offer.

Has Petrino ever won a championship? Have his defenses ever been consistently good? No and no? Why take any chances on a morally bankrupt jerk who has never not only consistently won championships, but never won one championship and has never left any place he has ever been without scorching the earth left behind him?

Try to make a serious, legitimate run after Kirby. If that doesn't work, go get Charlie Strong. If that doesn't work, we can still do better than Petrino — both as a coach and a person.

Hire him and I will NOT support him. Players, yes! University, absolutely! The man? NO WAY IN HELL!

For those who want him based on winning games..............sad. Just plain sad! Don't EVER let me see who use the Auburn Creed or value system to explain a damn thing in the future! The man is a law breaker and he still has the ink on his fingers to prove it.

Oh please. Was Pat Dye living the creed while breaking NCAA rules? How about Housel when he lead the troops up to Louisville for Petrino (the first time). How about Barkley when he was getting a hummer in his hummer?

Oh, and please point me to an article or court record where Petrino was indicted. I would love to see these "broken laws".

I am not actually hiring him at all, but if I were the AD, I am not really worried about his personal character. I am worried about whether or not he wins games. I'm not hiring him to be a nice person, I am paying him to win games, and not get into trouble with the NCAA.

Not trying to flame — and I know you're putting yourself in the AD's shoes — but I think this Auburn coaching staff took that same approach to some of our recruits over the past three to four years. That hasn't worked out so well.

Has Petrino ever won a championship? Have his defenses ever been consistently good? No and no? Why take any chances on a morally bankrupt jerk who has never not only consistently won championships, but never won one championship and has never left any place he has ever been without scorching the earth left behind him?

Try to make a serious, legitimate run after Kirby. If that doesn't work, go get Charlie Strong. If that doesn't work, we can still do better than Petrino — both as a coach and a person.

What championships have Smart (Sunseri is doing a bang-up job in Knoxville, eh?) or Strong won as HC?

I seem to remember Tubs saying something about leaving Ol' Miss in a pine box...shortly before taking the AU job. Coaches lie.

Not just coaches. Would you admit to your employer that youre job hunting?

College football is a business. A big business. So coaches or managers moving around for a better deal does not bother me at all

Having a messed up personal life is an issue when it effects the organization and it's people.

Breaking school or company policy, and state and federal law does both me.

He would really have to prove he had changed.

What championships have Smart (Sunseri is doing a bang-up job in Knoxville, eh?) or Strong won as HC?

Gene Chizik won a championship you want him?

Gene Chizik won a championship you want him?

Me? No. I wanted him and Jacobs fired and packing their offices two weeks ago.

Has Petrino ever won a championship?

He won a C-USA title and a Big East title at Louisville. The latter included a 12-1 record and an Orange Bowl win. In the SEC? Not yet. But the last three years of his four years at Arkansas, he was in the division that had won the last 3 BCS titles. Yet he still posted a 10 and an 11-win season even then.

Have his defenses ever been consistently good?

His defenses improved each year both at Louisville and Arkansas. Have they been great yet? No. Then again, the same could be said for the first 5 years or so of Spurrier's time in Florida until he got serious and started hiring good DCs like Bob Stoops, Charlie Strong and Ellis Johnson.

No and no?

Yes and sort of.

Why take any chances on a morally bankrupt jerk who has never not only consistently won championships, but never won one championship and has never left any place he has ever been without scorching the earth left behind him?

Well, partly because you have your facts wrong and partly because you don't hire him unless the indicators from him and those around him are that he's changed his life and owned his mistakes.

Maybe as a person, but no coach who pays any attention to the game would agree with you on the latter point. Petrino is a top 5 coach easy and most of that top 5 are guys we will never get.

Oh please. Was Pat Dye living the creed while breaking NCAA rules? How about Housel when he lead the troops up to Louisville for Petrino (the first time). How about Barkley when he was getting a hummer in his hummer?

Oh, and please point me to an article or court record where Petrino was indicted. I would love to see these "broken laws".

Typical reply from someone who is more like Bama than Auburn. He lied to his administration! He lied to the entire Arkansas Alumni, fanbase, and anyone in between. You obviously don't give a damn so make your way up I-65 and join the REC!

How many championship teams has Charlie been the head coach of? How about Kirby Smart, and I would also add that Arkansas has beaten Auburn 3 of the 5 years that Petrino was there, and one of our two wins was with Cam. SO, yes I would definately say that after turning Louiville into a relevant program, and he is a good head coach and a winner.

Stop yelling!

Typical reply from someone who is more like Bama than Auburn. The man broke Arkansas State Law! He lied to his administration! He lied to the entire Arkansas Alumni, fanbase, and anyone in between. You obviously don't give a damn so make your way up I-65 and join the REC!

If wanting to win makes me Bammerish, then so be it. I'm comfortable enough in my "Auburn skin" that I don't need validation from you.

He broke Arkansas state law? When was the indictment?

LOL. If winning a championship is a requirement then youve really narrowed the list. Most of those names ARENT available. Those that are (Tressell, Fulmer, Butch) come with baggage too.

And by the way, BP defense during his 3rd year at Louisville was better than Strongs. Guess that elimates Strong too.

I was initially in favor of hiring BP, but for reasons that have been posted too many times to count, I have changed my mind. I do not care about what the media might say if AU hires BP, but I do care what my fellow alumni (and non-alumni fans) think. There are just too many of those folks who would be upset over his hiring and, IMO, that would not be good for AU. We have a disastrous situation on our hands right now and we need a new HC who will 1) win 2) bring us together and 3) put an end to the terrible off the field stuff that has gone on under the current regime.

I will also add that AU should follow Jeremy Foley's example of when he fired Zook in mid-season and make the move with GC today. We need the healing to start now!

^^This is a very good post. Dr. Gouge needs to start sweeping this place clean TODAY, don't wait any longer.

Petrino is not my first choice. I think we handicap ourselves with him if he is indeed hired. But, if the morning after the Iron Bowl gets here and AU annouces BP as the new HC, I'll give a big War Eagle! I'm with AU either way. However, I do think there are a couple other coaches out there that would make Saban and Miles say "Oh crap" if we hired them.

Take him! Hire the man! I cannot believe I am having to stand up for this.....

He hired a woman at a rate of pay 35% higher than anyone else in order to show favoritism because of his relationship with the woman. His firing saved him from this, but he did it and there's no denying it.

I guess winning is more important than anything to some of you, so let the dirt come on in.

http://www.southernpigskin.com/acc/view/hogs-make-right-call-with-petrino

Typical reply from someone who is more like Bama than Auburn. He lied to his administration! He lied to the entire Arkansas Alumni, fanbase, and anyone in between. You obviously don't give a damn so make your way up I-65 and join the REC!

Might want to add the clause "Until AU hires someone I don't like" to the bottom of your 'all auburn, all the time' signature.

Not criminal law, civil law. The university could be sued under EEO rules. Most likely the will settle out of court, they do have an extra 18 millions dollars now.......

Might want to add the clause "Until AU hires someone I don't like" to the bottom of your 'all auburn, all the time' signature.

You obviously can't read the above....Auburn is way more to me than football. I live Auburn everyday.

Everybody saying they don't want Petrino because of morals? What if he has turned his life around after that? Sometimes people do have life changing events. To me, I say this; he who is without sin let him make the next hire! Then everyone can be happy!!

I was initially in favor of hiring BP, but for reasons that have been posted too many times to count, I have changed my mind. I do not care about what the media might say if AU hires BP, but I do care what my fellow alumni (and non-alumni fans) think. There are just too many of those folks who would be upset over his hiring and, IMO, that would not be good for AU. We have a disastrous situation on our hands right now and we need a new HC who will 1) win 2) bring us together and 3) put an end to the terrible off the field stuff that has gone on under the current regime.

I will also add that AU should follow Jeremy Foley's example of when he fired Zook in mid-season and make the move with GC today. We need the healing to start now!

^^This is a very good post. Dr. Gouge needs to start sweeping this place clean TODAY, don't wait any longer.

Seconded. Start this afternoon and announce the interim HC and process to find and hire the new HC.

Archived