Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

Your settling my friend.

Have you spoken to these people? Now I grant you, they probably don't want to come to this dumpster fire, but we don't need to make a rash decision before all avenues are exhausted.

Sure, call them. It can't hurt.

Then go on with the actual coaching search.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure he has been - unfortunate for him the media in this state wont care what he is doing or will do ------- headlines will read something of the following "Petrino avoids sex scandal for another week as Auburn wins".

Power corrupts some people and Bobby just has not handled his well. It is not really all that hard for me not to cheat on my wife. Let alone create a job to hire my mistress.

Who cares what the media thinks? The Alabama state media is going to take shots at Auburn regardless of who the head coach is. You think the state media has taken it easy on Chizik because he's a choir boy?

Petrino teams win, a lot and he hasn't had trouble with the NCAA, that's all I care about.

Everyone here cares what the media thinks. I am proud of AU for many more reasons than football and his name just taints whatever he touches. When asked where I graduated from I really dont want to answer back about why my school hired this guy. I mean for Petes sake he isnt even hired and all my OSU in-laws already give me hell about hiring him.

They havent taken it easy on CGC at all, but imagine if he had BP's problems.

Chiz hasnt exactly had any NCAA problems either (that were created by us). There is someone else out there that can win without being a joke of a human being. BP is a win at all costs guy. Just imagine what its going to look like if he doesnt win or gets caught out on the recrutiing trail countering uat's offer.

Any chance Bobby would turn down an offer from AU? He may not want to jump into this dumpster fire.

No, unless we just ridiculously lowballed him, which wouldn't happen. He'd have to accept less money than he otherwise would have commanded, at least on the front end. But he wants this job and actually has wanted it for years. Had he not gone to Arky one year earlier he would have been all over it when we hired Chizik.

Man, that would have been awesome to have gotten BP back in '08.... So close... We would be solid on the field and probably have less player criminality and recruit attrition overall.

I am sure he has been - unfortunate for him the media in this state wont care what he is doing or will do ------- headlines will read something of the following "Petrino avoids sex scandal for another week as Auburn wins".

Power corrupts some people and Bobby just has not handled his well. It is not really all that hard for me not to cheat on my wife. Let alone create a job to hire my mistress.

Who cares what the media thinks? The Alabama state media is going to take shots at Auburn regardless of who the head coach is. You think the state media has taken it easy on Chizik because he's a choir boy?

Petrino teams win, a lot and he hasn't had trouble with the NCAA, that's all I care about.

Everyone here cares what the media thinks. I am proud of AU for many more reasons than football and his name just taints whatever he touches. When asked where I graduated from I really dont want to answer back about why my school hired this guy. I mean for Petes sake he isnt even hired and all my OSU in-laws already give me hell about hiring him.

Chiz hasnt exactly had any NCAA problems either (that were created by us). There is someone else out there that can win without being a joke of a human being. BP is a win at all costs guy. Just imagine what its going to look like if he doesnt win or gets caught out on the recrutiing trail countering uat's offer.

Except in 8 years at two different schools, there has never been a hint of NCAA impropriety with Petrino.

Except in 8 years at two different schools, there has never been a hint of NCAA impropriety with Petrino.

Probably because he was at 2 who gives a crap insignificant programs

Titan tiger --- Are you really Bobby Petrino?

No, are you really Tommy Tuberville?

If I were I would hope to be ahead of BP on the candidates list.

The media is gong to slam AU no matter what. They will always run with innuendo from the Alabama press mafia. We have the issue of being a top 15 program with a small fan base. The national media hates when AU is on top because they think it is better for ratings and CFB when the Notre Dames' Alabamas, and Oklahomas are on top. Might as well win big by hiring the best coach we can and besides Garry Patterson there is nobody else that would give us a real look. And some think GP would not consider us now either since TCU is now a BCS school.

You can't call Petrino a win at all cost kind of guy when he has never had any issues with the NCAA.

Titan tiger --- Are you really Bobby Petrino?

No, are you really Tommy Tuberville?

If I were I would hope to be ahead of BP on the candidates list.

Then I'd wonder exactly how hard you got hit in the head recently.

Probably because he was at 2 who gives a crap insignificant programs

And his talent level showed it. I would have to imagine that consistantly going head to head with uga/uat/lsu/FlSt/clem for recruits will give you a few brushes. At least he had no NCAA improprieties............ not real sure what else you could replace "NCAA" with.

Titan, Just out of curiosity were you on board with Jetgate when it happened? What I am asking is did you want Petrino back then?

Jetgate lies at the feet of Auburn and only Auburn. If a higher profile company wants to fly in to interview me for a position that might be opening, I wouldn't say no either. I can also guarantee you I wouldn't tell my current employer about said interview.

Titan, Just out of curiosity were you on board with Jetgate when it happened? What I am asking is did you want Petrino back then?

Jetgate lies at the feet of Auburn and only Auburn. If a higher profile company wants to fly in to interview me for a position that might be opening, I wouldn't say no either. I can also guarantee you I wouldn't tell my current employer about said interview.

Not the question i asked. Was simply wondering if you though as highly of Petrino back then.

I was on the board back then.

My reaction at the time, if I remember correctly, didn't have anything to do with Petrino. I knew he was an excellent coach because I hated seeing him leave from our OC slot and then saw the disaster that was "Nallsminger" even though they supposedly ran the same offense. I just didn't like the way that our people handled the deal. I've probably softened on that somewhat over the years because the reality is, coaching searches get handled on some level under the radar before any official announcements are made all the time.

Probably since anyone with common sense wanted BP back then. Of course there is that element of the fan base that actually cried at night thinking how hard it would be for Tubs to feed his kids because he got fired. Bless his heart he is such a nice man.

Nevermind the fact that he was averaging 7 wins and 5 loses after 5 seasons. Including the biggest waste of talent in AU history in 2003. Never mind that BP was taking Louisville to levels they had never been. People now forget that Tubs deserved to be fired in 2003.

I wonder if you for firing Chizik this season? If AU is reaching out and making contacts with other coaches right now do you think that is naughty and AU should wait until the end of the year when all the other teams out there start hunting too? Do you think all other coaches should tell their agents not to talk to AU until after the season and if costs them and their families millions that is okay because they heard Chizik is a nice man?

Still amazed at how gullible ppl were back then. The bama media mafia wanted to keep BP out of AU in 2003 and a lot of sheep followed them. Some people still haven't figured out that coaches are hired guns paid to win games and at some programs keep the team ranked at high levels and compete for titles. AU is/should be one of those type of programs where 7-5 averages should be frowned upon.

My reaction at the time, if I remember correctly, didn't have anything to do with Petrino. I knew he was an excellent coach because I hated seeing him leave from our OC slot and then saw the disaster that was "Nallsminger" even though they supposedly ran the same offense. I just didn't like the way that our people handled the deal. I've probably softened on that somewhat over the years because the reality is, coaching searches get handled on some level under the radar before any official announcements are made all the time.

Ok. That was the answer i was looking for. Was just curious because you seem to have a deeper want for Petrino than the ones that are looking for a quick fix and a win now.

Probably since anyone with common sense wanted BP back then. Of course there is that element of the fan base that actually cried at night thinking how hard it would be for Tubs to feed his kids because he got fired. Bless his heart he is such a nice man.

Nevermind the fact that he was averaging 7 wins and 5 loses after 5 seasons. Including the biggest waste of talent in AU history in 2003. Never mind that BP was taking Louisville to levels they had never been. People now forget that Tubs deserved to be fired in 2003.

I wonder if you for firing Chizik this season? If AU is reaching out and making contacts with other coaches right now do you think that is naughty and AU should wait until the end of the year when all the other teams out there start hunting too? Do you think all other coaches should tell their agents not to talk to AU until after the season and if costs them and their families millions that is okay because they heard Chizik is a nice man?

Still amazed at how gullible ppl were back then. The bama media mafia wanted to keep BP out of AU in 2003 and a lot of sheep followed them.

wow was not even going there with that, but hey great conspiracy theory anyways.

Ok. That was the answer i was looking for. Was just curious because you seem to have a deeper want for Petrino than the ones that are looking for a quick fix and a win now.

I have other coaches out there I'd want before him, but I just don't think there's any chance in hell they'd come. Top of my list is Jim Harbaugh. Not far under that is his brother John. I like Bob Stoops a lot. But then it gets pretty thin and I really think of the coaches that would come to Auburn, he's the best. I think he'd turn us around quickly because he's a strict, all-business, demand excellence and attention to detail guy like we've probably never had before. And in terms of X's and O's he up at the top with the best offensive minds out there. So if we did our homework on him and were satisfied that he's made the appropriate changes in attitude and life and was truly repentant, I see no reason not to get the best coach out there.

Jimbo Fisher is a good, not great option to me. And I could totally see us go for Jimbo then watch FSU snatch Petrino and consider it an upgrade. He'd turn them into an absolute terror for years to come.

I have other coaches out there I'd want before him, but I just don't think there's any chance in hell they'd come. Top of my list is Jim Harbaugh. Not far under that is his brother John. I like Bob Stoops a lot. But then it gets pretty thin and I really think of the coaches that would come to Auburn, he's the best. I think he'd turn us around quickly because he's a strict, all-business, demand excellence and attention to detail guy like we've probably never had before. And in terms of X's and O's he up at the top with the best offensive minds out there. So if we did our homework on him and were satisfied that he's made the appropriate changes in attitude and life and was truly repentant, I see no reason not to get the best coach out there.

Jimbo Fisher is a good, not great option to me. And I could totally see us go for Jimbo then watch FSU snatch Petrino and consider it an upgrade. He'd turn them into an absolute terror for years to come.

There are rumblings that Stoops wants out of Norman. I think he would do great things here.

I just realized I misread part of your question. I wasn't "on board" with Jetgate per se. I was on the AUF boards back then.

I was on the fence about Tuberville being fired and getting Petrino. I just didn't like the brazen way our PTB tried to go about it.

There are rumblings that Stoops wants out of Norman. I think he would do great things here.

I've heard no actual rumblings of such. I've heard people speculate on message boards whether he might be ready for a change of scenery, but that's about it.

I agree completely with Titan here. The most realistic of these would be Petrino. I still feel like we would be dumb to at least not interview him.

Any chance Bobby would turn down an offer from AU? He may not want to jump into this dumpster fire.

No, unless we just ridiculously lowballed him, which wouldn't happen. He'd have to accept less money than he otherwise would have commanded, at least on the front end. But he wants this job and actually has wanted it for years. Had he not gone to Arky one year earlier he would have been all over it when we hired Chizik.

Man, that would have been awesome to have gotten BP back in '08.... So close... We would be solid on the field and probably have less player criminality and recruit attrition overall.

Lol..and he would have taken his blonde on a bike ride @ Lake Martin or Lake Jordan.....sorry I could not resist

Archived