Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

Funny how a lot of folks want to slam him about his transgressions, while it seems that Arkansas thinks he may be a change man because they are considering re-hiring him. I guess he can be forgiven after all , even by the very one who who he sinned against. I still say hire the man NOW!!

I'm sure the President and AD at Arky called and shared this info with you. Begin Yellow Font - No one at any of our rival schools would start a rumor to get you & others stirred up, Surely not! - End Yellow Font

Even Dick Vitale is in support of BP per twitter:

"Yes the guy has issues - they have been documented but don't ppl in many cases get 2nd & 3rd chances-Just asking what about PETRINO @ UK?"

Then by all means let UK or Vitale hire his slimey self. One more time for everyone...BOBBY PETRINO WILL NOT BE AUBURN'S NEXT HEAD COACH NOR THE ONE AFTER THAT ETC.!!! Sorry but this subject is starting to get bothersome. I would love to click on the Football Forum and NOT see his name. His name should continue to pop-up in the Rivals Thread when he either walks out on them or gets caught doing God only knows what. Thank You. :pcprobs:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard to believe some of you still him this guy as our head coach after all the crap he's down to his wife and children. If I had a son, I would not won't him to play for Bob P. What does it say about the parents who would allow their sons play for a man who stepped out on his wife with a girl who's 15 or 25 years younger then him.

You are entitled to your opinion but if his wife is willing to forgive him ( working on their marriage according to MANY sources) and Arkansas is even considering re-hiring him the real question is why are you and a few other members so hell bent on slamming him over and over. You are the kind of fans who would like to hire a no name up and coming, unproven 5-19 coach who has " good morals". And another question I have for all the moral police, judges, and executioners, who gave you the authority to decide what is forgivable and unforgivable? I know the bible that I read says that no sin is greater than another, that He forgives those who earnestly repent, I can go on, really but I believe that for those who are adamantly against hiring CBP really haven't come to grips that if CBP has asked the Man who created every person ever born for forgiveness as well as his wife, why is it so hard for you to forgive him when he has never sinned against you. I will support CBP or any other proven winner that Auburn chooses as our next head coach, for those of you who cannot....oh well, Auburn was great before you and will be great after you.

It's hard to believe some of you still him this guy as our head coach after all the crap he's down to his wife and children. If I had a son, I would not won't him to play for Bob P. What does it say about the parents who would allow their sons play for a man who stepped out on his wife with a girl who's 15 or 25 years younger then him.

You are entitled to your opinion but if his wife is willing to forgive him ( working on their marriage according to MANY sources) and Arkansas is even considering re-hiring him the real question is why are you and a few other members so hell bent on slamming him over and over. You are the kind of fans who would like to hire a no name up and coming, unproven 5-19 coach who has " good morals". And another question I have for all the moral police, judges, and executioners, who gave you the authority to decide what is forgivable and unforgivable? I know the bible that I read says that no sin is greater than another, that He forgives those who earnestly repent, I can go on, really but I believe that for those who are adamantly against hiring CBP really haven't come to grips that if CBP has asked the Man who created every person ever born for forgiveness as well as his wife, why is it so hard for you to forgive him when he has never sinned against you. I will support CBP or any other proven winner that Auburn chooses as our next head coach, for those of you who cannot....oh well, Auburn was great before you and will be great after you.

Who are these "Sources" you keep referring to? Mine don't know crap about BP and his wife, girlfriend or anyone else from AK. Wonder why?

Who are these "Sources" you keep referring to? Mine don't know crap about BP and his wife, girlfriend or anyone else from AK. Wonder why?

Oh Yeah!! It's because he has nothing to do with Auburn, it's football program or the checker's club. Get over it man. Please...we are beginning to grow concerned about all you BP supporters mental capacity.

Everybody needs to get off of their moral high horse and get over it! I don't know about u all, but I'm tired of AU being the butt end of jokes!! Do anybody know Jimmy Johnson? Yes, former Miami and Dallas cowboy coach, his comment was he has met and talked with BPetrino and says the man realized and saw his own faults. He has been humbled by all of his actions, and he goes on and say the man can coach and he is burning to get another chance to coach, because whoever hires him is gonna get a fired up coach!! Guys we better hire this man before someone else does, because I don't ever want to play his team when he comes back! Besides all of this the man Loves AU! Shouldn't that count for something? I say get him and get him now! The bammers and its media don't want this to happen, don't let them fool u, he will b a threat to their micro-midget football coach. Bring back Tracy Rocker as ur d-co- ordinator and bama has a HUGE problem!!! WDE

Funny how a lot of folks want to slam him about his transgressions, while it seems that Arkansas thinks he may be a change man because they are considering re-hiring him. I guess he can be forgiven after all , even by the very one who who he sinned against. I still say hire the man NOW!!

I'm sure the President and AD at Arky called and shared this info with you. Begin Yellow Font - No one at any of our rival schools would start a rumor to get you & others stirred up, Surely not! - End Yellow Font

"Yes the guy has issues - they have been documented but don't ppl in many cases get 2nd & 3rd chances-Just asking what about PETRINO @ UK?"

Then by all means let UK or Vitale hire his slimey self. One more time for everyone...BOBBY PETRINO WILL NOT BE AUBURN'S NEXT HEAD COACH NOR THE ONE AFTER THAT ETC.!!! Sorry but this subject is starting to get bothersome. I would love to click on the Football Forum and NOT see his name. His name should continue to pop-up in the Rivals Thread when he either walks out on them or gets caught doing God only knows what. Thank You. :pcprobs:

And what, the president and AD at Auburn told you that? What is frustrating is that you and some others cannot believe that this man can change, that this incident hasn't humbled him and made him come to a realization that he needed to change his ways. But I guess it is worthless to get people to see another viewpoint

Oh Yeah!! It's because he has nothing to do with Auburn, it's football program or the checker's club. Get over it man. Please...we are beginning to grow concerned about all you BP supporters mental capacity.

Your post have me wondering if you are Jessica Dorrell's EX-fiancee?

I don't know about Yall but some of us has to DEFEND Auburn on ESPN blogs, Al.com blogs etc etc... if we hire Petrino we are just giving them Ammo and after all the crap internet has been pounding on Cam Newton deal.. People already started to post that a guy like Petrino can only be hired at AUBURN where morals doesn't matter....Take it for what it is worth.....

Being said that.. if we can hire him as Offensive Coordinator may be few can talk crap about us (IMO) but I think that's Okay..

I don't know about Yall but some of us has to DEFEND Auburn on ESPN blogs, Al.com blogs etc etc... if we hire Petrino we are just giving them Ammo and after all the crap internet has been pounding on Cam Newton deal.. People already started to post that a guy like Petrino can only be hired at AUBURN where morals doesn't matter....Take it for what it is worth.....

Being said that.. if we can hire him as Offensive Coordinator may be few can talk crap about us (IMO) but I think that's Okay..

JMHO but I could after 2004 and 2010 I could give a rats arse what anyone in the media, the SEC, or any other fanbase across the country think about Auburn's next hire.

And what, the president and AD at Auburn told you that? What is frustrating is that you and some others cannot believe that this man can change, that this incident hasn't humbled him and made him come to a realization that he needed to change his ways. But I guess it is worthless to get people to see another viewpoint

Not Gouge, Jacobs/Jackson or even an AAC member. But I do know a few donors and they and everyone they associate do not want him. It hasn't been one incident. It has been several. Find me anyone he has worked for that wants him back. There were some feelings hurt at Louisville as well so don't go there. Many have sworn to do their best to keep him from getting any job.

I'm sure his wife is forgiving. Where is she gonna find another man making millions with all the CC memberships and the rest at her age?

You could always go to a Jimbo Fisher topic or a Charlie Strong topic? Maybe we should be concerned with the likes of you who is happy with hiring 5-19 coaches and Auburn being a middle of the pack SEC team, oh excuse me a cellar dweller, the worse team in the SEC. I bet you were one of many who thought Mitt Romney would be the next President? You don't know no more than anyone else who the next coach at Auburn will be. I really hope BP is hired just to see the responses of all the BP haters

Not Gouge, Jacobs/Jackson or even an AAC member. But I do know a few donors and they and everyone they associate do not want him. It hasn't been one incident. It has been several. Find me anyone he has worked for that wants him back. There were some feelings hurt at Louisville as well so don't go there. Many have sworn to do their best to keep him from getting any job.

I'm sure his wife is forgiving. Where is she gonna find another man making millions with all the CC memberships and the rest at her age?

I bet there are MANY who are willing to give him another coaching job. What say's you?

Well then tell us who the next coach will be since you are so well connected? Who have they interviewed? Who is on the "Must get " list? While were at it what about the AD?

And this is where down right ignorance and biased rear their head.

And this is where down right ignorance and biased rear their head.

+1000000000000

The biggest problem CBP faces isnt with fans.It is with future employers.He has had ended his employment on bad terms with every place he has been a HC.The affair wasnt an issue,it was the fact that he used his position in an unethical manner and then lied to Arky about it.To say he isnt a good enough coach to be at AU doesnt make sense,he can win here.His affair doesnt disqualify him from being our coach either IMO.AU does need to look into why he has left on bad terms with every place he has been a head coach.Every company(or university) is concerened with a potential emplyees past working history and how that person handled himself in leaving his last postion.

Im not saying he shouldnt be our next coach,but AU needs to vet these issues with CBP before they would offer him the job.They may not even bother.....I tthink that they shoudnt just write him off,I think he deserves a look.

A day ago I was dead-set against Petrino. Jetgate while he was head coach at Louisville and then bolting to Fayettville from the Falcons to add to the biggest mark against him, the clusterF at Arkansas. I think he would have gone with the story about being alone if he could have covered it up.

Is he a changed man? Who knows. Does he deserve another chance? Maybe. Is he a proven head coach? Absolutely. Could his experiences and fall from grace make him a better mentor young men? Possibly.

I had to go back and search for this article and re-read it. You will either take this as he is saying the right things in the media or that he genuinely is trying to change and the incident in Ark was a catalyst to spark the change that needed to happen. That is the question that the school interviewing him is going to have to decide.

http://espn.go.com/c...-interview-espn

Today I am much more on the fence about Petrino.

At first I too was repulsed at the thought of CBP at AUBURN, but after carefully concidering all the arguements( for and against) I've come to realise that realisticly it would not be a bad hire. In all actuallity he's the best coach avalable.Maybe a fresh start is just what our family and his needs to go forward. Just like Tbone I to will support CBP if AUBURN chooses him to be our next head coach; for those of you who cannot... Get over it...(Oh Yeah ,these thoughts were brought to you by a mentally sound mind with the capacity of clear thinking.)

I don't give a flying rat's arse about what Petrino has said about the multiple times has embarrassed his family, community, players and employers. I don't care if he or anyone else believes he is a 'changed man'. It's only been a few months for crying out loud. He'll get another opportunity one day, but not for a microsecond does he deserve to get another big-time, multimillion dollar job thrown in his lap this quickly after the stuff he pulled. No way, no how.

So many people Down on the man and don't think that he should coach at Auburn becuase he commited an act which got him fired.. How many people on this board have commited something similar or some other sinful act and been fired, divorced, put in jail or some other punishment? I bet most of us have. Yes, he was caught and it made the news and was fired. The one thing that I give him credit for is he has come out and admitted and has acknowledged that what he did was wrong. It takes a real man to ackowledge he was in the wrong and take responsibility for his actions.

Pretrino, like the rest of us who are not perfect, deserves a second chance and I would be more than glad to accept him as HC of this fine University if he is indeed the correct person for the Job. We may start out the butt of every joke but if he is as-great of an offiensive mind as Satan and is willing to let BVG of some-other Defensive genious run the Defense and not mettle/tinker, un-like like CGC, then I am all for his being the next HC. otherwise we must continue the search....

Your post have me wondering if you are Jessica Dorrell's EX-fiancee?

:lmao:

The biggest problem CBP faces isnt with fans.It is with future employers.He has had ended his employment on bad terms with every place he has been a HC.The affair wasnt an issue,it was the fact that he used his position in an unethical manner and then lied to Arky about it.To say he isnt a good enough coach to be at AU doesnt make sense,he can win here.His affair doesnt disqualify him from being our coach either IMO.AU does need to look into why he has left on bad terms with every place he has been a head coach.Every company(or university) is concerened with a potential emplyees past working history and how that person handled himself in leaving his last postion.

Im not saying he shouldnt be our next coach,but AU needs to vet these issues with CBP before they would offer him the job.They may not even bother.....I tthink that they shoudnt just write him off,I think he deserves a look.

How did he leave Louisville? Just curious cuz I know about Atlanta and his debacle at Arkansas but not so much how he left there.

So many people Down on the man and don't think that he should coach at Auburn becuase he commited an act which got him fired.. How many people on this board have commited something similar or some other sinful act and been fired, divorced, put in jail or some other punishment? I bet most of us have. Yes, he was caught and it made the news and was fired. The one thing that I give him credit for is he has come out and admitted and has acknowledged that what he did was wrong. It takes a real man to ackowledge he was in the wrong and take responsibility for his actions.

Pretrino, like the rest of us who are not perfect, deserves a second chance and I would be more than glad to accept him as HC of this fine University if he is indeed the correct person for the Job. We may start out the butt of every joke but if he is as-great of an offiensive mind as Satan and is willing to let BVG of some-other Defensive genious run the Defense and not mettle/tinker, un-like like CGC, then I am all for his being the next HC. otherwise we must continue the search....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

THE AUBURN CREED

I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.

I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully.

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.

I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities.

I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all.

I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.

I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it.

For those of you that want to take a stance of defending our Creed, maybe you should heed it's word and live by it yourself!

It's amazing the amount of hypocrisy that comes from some of you Auburn Men and Women, you should really be ashamed of yourselves calling yourselves Christians if you can't walk the walk of the talk you spew.

THE AUBURN CREED

I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.

I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully.

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.

I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities.

I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.

I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it.

For those of you that want to take a stance of defending our Creed, maybe you should heed it's word and live by it yourself!

It's amazing the amount of hypocrisy that comes from some of you Auburn Men and Women, you should really be ashamed of yourselves calling yourselves Christians if you can't walk the walk of the talk you spew.

:bow::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Very good post. 100% Correct.

THE AUBURN CREED

:bow::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Very good post. 100% Correct.

TY sir...it's really quite obvious. I'm very curious as to why the people that spout "The Creed, The Creed!" Have no flipping idea what it really stands for and what being compasionate and forgiving REALLY means. SIGH!!

OH!!! I know why, because theyre worried about THEIR image and what people might say. Yep !! Sounds like a hypocrit to me. I know how it works...Thats why the majority of the world doesnt take religion seriously anymore.

Archived