The word on the Search

ellitor

-Final decision expected on Wednesday

-One trusted sources strongly believes it will be Petrino while another trusted source says it will not be Petrino.

-Reality is if Petrino is not interviewed today or officially contacted today for an interview tomorrow then his chances will go down dramatically.

-Interviews with Smart and Gus both went very well.

-Clemson OC Chad Morris will interview today.

As with all these kind of matters things can change at a moments notice but I just wanted to take a few minutes to provide the best update I could. WAR EAGLE!

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Final decision expected on Wednesday

-One trusted sources strongly believes it will be Petrino while another trusted source says it will not be Petrino.

-Reality is if Petrino is not interviewed today or officially contacted today for an interview tomorrow then his chances will go down dramatically.

-Interviews with Smart and Gus both went very well.

-Clemson OC Chad Morris will interview today.

As with all these kind of matters things can change at a moments notice but I just wanted to take a few minutes to provide the best update I could. WAR EAGLE!

Thanks

Petrino has 36 hours to interview, or be asked to interview.....if not, he's out?

Then we have a matchup between Gus, Kirby, Morris, and the man behind door number 4.....

I hope door number 4 is Patterson or someone stellar. :headscratch:

Thanks for the info but I thought we would at least interview some more candidates. Might just be a smoke screen who knows. Hopefully we hear some Wed.

I'm not super pumped about that list....i've been saying since the Arkansas lost that I was expecting Petrino to be the new coach (don't like the idea), but now i'm starting to expect Malzahn is going to be the man. Very risky decision by the PTB to go with an unproven coach if that is what they decide.

Out of Gus, Morris, and Smart I would take Smart all day. He has been around Saban for quite some time now and like it or not Saban know's how to run a program. So if Smart has been paying attention to Saban then that is what we need..because whoever the coach may be is going to have a mess to clean up.

What a fricking embarrassment. A historically top 15-10 team is wallowing in this mud. Why would you not make a big time coach turn you down before sinking to this level. I feel like our fan base is Charlie Brown and our leadership is Lucy.

Archived