The word on the Search

ellitor

Seem to have had solid info before so why not. It's as good as any. I don't have a reason not to.

He's an online "insider" who gets his info from other "insiders"...some of which are other internet posters. Those are not sources, nor do people like that know who has or hasn't been contacted or declined offers.

Go ask Vol fans how accurate their online "insiders" were with regards to Gruden.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seem to have had solid info before so why not. It's as good as any. I don't have a reason not to.

He's an online "insider" who gets his info from other "insiders"...some of which are other internet posters. Those are not sources, nor do people like that know who has or hasn't been contacted or declined offers.

Go ask Vol fans how accurate their online "insiders" were with regards to Gruden.

Like I stated earlier, I responded to the original post and if this is indeed our "top candidates", its embarrassing.

Maybe feelers were put out to other candidates....maybe they declined interviews or decided to stay at their respective jobs....The next wave of championship coaches have to come from somewhere. Between Smart, Malzahn, and Morris........lies a champion. Hopefully we get the right one..

Why would you not make a big time coach turn you down before sinking to this level.

What makes you think this hasn't already happened? Because it hasn't been reported in the press?

Totally agree. I think the turn downs have already happened. Seems like they are about midway down the list. Bad year to be looking for a proven HC.

Maybe feelers were put out to other candidates....maybe they declined interviews or decided to stay at their respective jobs....The next wave of championship coaches have to come from somewhere. Between Smart, Malzahn, and Morris........lies a champion. Hopefully we get the right one..

Give me Smart out of that list.

So....let me get this straight: There have been numerous candidates said to have interviewed, and several of those turned out to be nothing but outright false rumors.

So then, if some of us have been so utterly duped into believing all these falsities regarding who HAS interviewed, just how do any any of you expect to believe most "insiders" when they try to tell you who HASN'T interviewed?

+1 :wareagle:

And btw let flash back to when chiz was hired....all we kept hearing is how this guy and this guy interviewed and the turner gil was a lock...remember all that?

I am livid at this list,

This proves auburn football is beig ran by an incompetent group of morons. JJ has to GTFO

Also quit telling us money isn't a factor, when you look at coaches like this it's obvious they want a cheap solution.

If they were seriously wanting to make a boom hire their list should include (in no order).

1)Peterson

2)Patterson

3)Bob Stoops

4)Gundy

5)Jimbo

6)Gruden

Not

Petrino- surrounded by controversy, more losses in bowl games than wins, weak defenses almost every year, can't stay at one school, so so recruiting classes, etc.

Gus- No proven HC experience, zero knowledge about defense, a terrible offense if he doesn't have a mobile QB (although it may have been chiziks fault I admit)

Morris- who I'm not sold on at all, I think any offensive coordinator would look good with Boyd, Watkins, and Ellington.

Smart- would at least bring some solid defensive recruits and improve our d, but no proven HC experience.

Only boom thing they could do with that list is let smart be 1/2 HC and let Malzhan be the other 1/2 HC.

Just beyond disappointed we aren't throwing everything we have a bigger names. JJ is going to set us back another 5 years while Alabama is about to get their 3rd championship in 4 years. We need to copy every single thing Alabama is doing and every team should be thinking that. I'd be okay with ring a mirror image of a team who is livid to lose more than 2 games and who is in 3 NC games out of the last 4.

None of those names compares with Malzahn.

Lets just "settle" and see what happens thats what we usally do, history does repeat itself.

The thinking among some fans and the administration leads me to believe their satisfied being the little brother that their accustomed to and believe what uat has always said. Sad thing is I am starting to believe it too, with the attitude that plagues are program.

Wow, we sure do have a bunch of CRYBABIES in here. :'(/> :violin:/>

Agree!!!!!!!

And there's also a bunch of people that envisioned better for AUburn and this list just doesn't give you the feeling that AUburn will be competing for championships anytime soon. Whomever is the next HC I will support but it is what it is, not very encouraging.

I am livid at this list,

This proves auburn football is beig ran by an incompetent group of morons. JJ has to GTFO

Also quit telling us money isn't a factor, when you look at coaches like this it's obvious they want a cheap solution.

If they were seriously wanting to make a boom hire their list should include (in no order).

1)Peterson

2)Patterson

3)Bob Stoops

4)Gundy

5)Jimbo

6)Gruden

Not

Petrino- surrounded by controversy, more losses in bowl games than wins, weak defenses almost every year, can't stay at one school, so so recruiting classes, etc.

Gus- No proven HC experience, zero knowledge about defense, a terrible offense if he doesn't have a mobile QB (although it may have been chiziks fault I admit)

Morris- who I'm not sold on at all, I think any offensive coordinator would look good with Boyd, Watkins, and Ellington.

Smart- would at least bring some solid defensive recruits and improve our d, but no proven HC experience.

Only boom thing they could do with that list is let smart be 1/2 HC and let Malzhan be the other 1/2 HC.

Just beyond disappointed we aren't throwing everything we have a bigger names. JJ is going to set us back another 5 years while Alabama is about to get their 3rd championship in 4 years. We need to copy every single thing Alabama is doing and every team should be thinking that. I'd be okay with ring a mirror image of a team who is livid to lose more than 2 games and who is in 3 NC games out of the last 4.

None of those names compares with Malzahn.

That's a --(insert adjective here)-- statement.

JMO but maybe they are interviewing all these perceived "lesser" candidates to ease some of the fan base if Petrino is hired?

JMO but maybe they are interviewing all these perceived "lesser" candidates to ease some of the fan base if Petrino is hired?

I don't know whats true or not. At this point I think they're just interviewing people who are interested in the job. Maybe bigger names just don't want to come to AU right now.

Petrino would bring a nice blend of spreading it out on offense but still having the testicular fortitude of lining up and running it. I love Malzahn I really do but I feel like we have started a shift to a new style half pro half spread and I would like to see the transformation come full circle.

Wow, we sure do have a bunch of CRYBABIES in here. :'(/> :violin:/>

Agree!!!!!!!

And there's also a bunch of people that envisioned better for AUburn and this list just doesn't give you the feeling that AUburn will be competing for championships anytime soon. Whomever is the next HC I will support but it is what it is, not very encouraging.

Bro, we all envision a better more powerful Auburn. My comment is directed to the people that whine and bitch and piss and moan about anything and everything in here. This coaching search is WAY above any of our heads. Not one single person in here will be making the decision of who is hired yet we argue back and forth over stupid stuff. Also, how do any of us know who has and hasn't been interviewed or we sought out after. Nobody knows this for sure, maybe that's a good thing. Auburn doesn't owe any of us or the media any disclosure as to what their plans or course of action is. We will all just have to see what comes of it and either support the team or not. But bitching and whining about who or what or whwen or how isn't solving or helping anything. Take a chill pill.

Archived