The word on the Search

ellitor

:wareagle:/> If there are problems behind the scenes at Auburn at least Gus should know about them. He was here 3 years. If he doesn't want to come back it may be because of the stench in JJ's office. if he does come back maybe the stench is not there or he has been shown changes are in the works in JJ's office. I really don't want the turds coach or them saying we had to have an alabama man to beat them aka Dabo's quote post 1st Clemson loss

Nice point...

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per the sport radio here in Pensacola, Fl. just said they have all ready interview Gus and the OC from Clemson and Kirby Smart has one today or tomorrow and meetings been taking place in Nashville

PETRINO DID NOT WIN GAMES VS RANKED OPPONENTS AT ARKY....WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND

What was CGM record against them?

It seems like it is down to those two. Between the two surely you admit that Petrino is the better hire.

PETRINO DID WIN GAMES VS RANKED OPPONENTS AT ARKY 6-13 vs ranked 6-5 his last 2 years. Research is not hard.

As soon as Petrino wins the SEC and BCS, plus the Sun Belt, I will agree with you!

I agree, winning the Sunbelt with a returning team that was a heavy favorite to win it is much better than building a BCS conference winning Louisville team :-\

Gus had four returning starters at Arky State and has won ever where he has been. I guess you are one of those who thinks it was chiz and roof in 2010?

How much credit does Gus get for our current mess at QB & WR?

How much development happened at the position under Gus? When he came there the "answer" was Chris Todd. Don't you think that he should have put some permanent solutions in place? I do not want to say anything negative about players but we all saw the results. Some if not the worst QB play ever at the school we love so much. If that position was better this year then we would have won 6 games. He recruited the same character issue guys as the rest and we somehow give him a pass because we loved his exciting offense that was great against everyone except teams that compete for championships.

First off: I like "E" and he has always answered my questions. Second: I thought, I would attempt to lighten the mood a-little.

My inside source also told me it may be Peterino and it may not be him. Another source told me it may be Gus and it just might not be Gus. That same source said it may be Smart but it may also not be Smart.

All of my sources have said that Peterson/Paterson/Jimbo and Gruden, all laughed hysterically when phoned by JJ and asked if they would interview to work for him!

I also have it on good authority that if the announcement is not made by Wed. it will be moved to Thur or Fri. Same source said if we hear nothing by Fri should hear something Sat or Sun.

Finally.....a little clarity. ;)/>

I never understood why Paterson would interview again, especially since people claim he walked out of an interview a few years back. Another thing AU just fired a coach who won a BCS title, and conference championship. Coaches may be weary of coming into an environment where you are canned after one bad season(albeit the worse ever) If they can't duplicate titles then, they pretty much know the torches and pitchforks can come out real quick....

Please don't tell me you still want to keep chiz?

No....but coaches see the knee jerk reaction of our administration...the results have to be immediate, Au is in the shadow of a dominate program, that has contended for titles the past 3 seasons, potential coaches know this - they are aware we are not Arkansas or UK...championship results are expected immediately, along with consistently competing with your instate rival....this job is not for the faint of heart....

AURandy56, on Today, 01:19 PM, said:

Are you absolutely sure Petrino has not already interviewed?

* No. Nobody is sure of anything, but the one person that posts on rivals who seems to know Petrino personally said that he had not been interviewed yet. But like I said - nobody knows for sure.

That team had 4 returning starters..4...and Freeze

was at Arky State how long ..one year? Who gets credit for the title he won, how bout his turnaround season at Ole Miss.....does Nutt get credit for that?

I'm not saying he didn't do a good job not messing it up, but they were the favorite before the year started...

you have to think if Bobby Petrino’s flameout had happened sooner, Malzahn would be on the Razorbacks’ sideline. At any rate, he’s here now, and with fifth-year senior Ryan Aplin—first-team All-Sun Belt last season—at quarterback, the Red Wolves are expected to repeat as conference champs.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-08-18/sun-belt-preview-gus-malzahn-makes-immediate-impact-at-arkansas-state

Guest jojo1515

If this is our actual list, we are the new Vandy without the high academic standards. I honestly believe that if any of these unproven coaches are hired and put up against the best coaches in the country in the sec, 10 years from now we will pray for a winning season. I hope something else is in the works, otherwise, college football will be the source of unending frustion for all Auburb fans. Have we become La Monroe of Alabama???? WTH ARE THESE GUYS THINKING???? Surely Bo and Pat arent willing to tarnish their legacy by throwing this gigantic load of bs on the AU fam. God please no! Just dont think I can take 10 years like the last 2.

PETRINO DID NOT WIN GAMES VS RANKED OPPONENTS AT ARKY....WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND

It seems like it is down to those two. Between the two surely you admit that Petrino is the better hire.

PETRINO DID WIN GAMES VS RANKED OPPONENTS AT ARKY 6-13 vs ranked 6-5 his last 2 years. Research is not hard.

Pfft you made my point...good job....thanks again....

Auburn is really embracing the little brother role. It's sad. Auburn is not a major program. Major programs hire proven coaches. Laughing stocks like Kentucky hire unproven assistants. Those Assistants go to Auburns and Kentuckys to prove theirselves so they can get a job at a major program. Gus' one year at Arkansas state technical community college doesn't carry much weight in the real world. He would never be mentioned for even a coordinator job at bama or LSU. If sanctions are in the future for Auburn it will not matter. Auburn is gonna hammer itself. Auburn used to be a major program but hell we all used to be something.

Thanks. Any word on other candidates? Mainly interested in what you may know about Patterson or Jimbo.

Last I heard both will likely stay at their schools.

First off: I like "E" and he has always answered my questions. Second: I thought, I would attempt to lighten the mood a-little.

My inside source also told me it may be Peterino and it may not be him. Another source told me it may be Gus and it just might not be Gus. That same source said it may be Smart but it may also not be Smart.

All of my sources have said that Peterson/Paterson/Jimbo and Gruden, all laughed hysterically when phoned by JJ and asked if they would interview to work for him!

I also have it on good authority that if the announcement is not made by Wed. it will be moved to Thur or Fri. Same source said if we hear nothing by Fri should hear something Sat or Sun.

Finally.....a little clarity. ;)/>

I never understood why Paterson would interview again, especially since people claim he walked out of an interview a few years back. Another thing AU just fired a coach who won a BCS title, and conference championship. Coaches may be weary of coming into an environment where you are canned after one bad season(albeit the worse ever) If they can't duplicate titles then, they pretty much know the torches and pitchforks can come out real quick....

Chizik was fired for fielding the 2nd to worst team in college football, making workouts voluntary, treating certain players differently than others, having the most off-field issues that Auburn has seen in 20+ years, getting blown out the last two years by every rival on the schedule, going 0-8 in the SEC, producing the weakest, slowest, most mentally inept team that Auburn has ever seen, and doing absolutely NOTHING to change any of this, other than have some "spirited" practices (probably in shorts and helmets, so that no one had to exert any energy by tackling). If other coaches cannot see that this is the reason that he was fired, then they should definitely stay where they are.

Chizik was handed a gift in 2010, in the form of the greatest football player in college football in the last 15+ years. He had a senior heavy class of Tubbs' recruits, all of whom decided that they were going to win a championship that year.

Proved you don't know the difference 0 and 6 is more like it

As soon as Petrino wins the SEC and BCS, plus the Sun Belt, I will agree with you!

I agree, winning the Sunbelt with a returning team that was a heavy favorite to win it is much better than building a BCS conference winning Louisville team :-\/>

Gus had four returning starters at Arky State and has won ever where he has been. I guess you are one of those who thinks it was chiz and roof in 2010?

How much development happened at the position under Gus? When he came there the "answer" was Chris Todd. Don't you think that he should have put some permanent solutions in place? I do not want to say anything negative about players but we all saw the results. Some if not the worst QB play ever at the school we love so much. If that position was better this year then we would have won 6 games. He recruited the same character issue guys as the rest and we somehow give him a pass because we loved his exciting offense that was great against everyone except teams that compete for championships.

He had KF for fall camp - that's it. Most of his effort went into BT who played very well given his athletic decencies As for Clint, AU took a flier on him. Avg QB but was never really SEC level

IMO.. He was part of the first class, and the staff had no real time for evals. Gus has never had the benefit of a returning stater but still has consistently won games. I would be interested to see him have a QB for more than 1 year before questioning his developmental ability. Yes he recruited Pike, but remember Gus was not in charge of discipline, that was Chizik and Jackson's job.....how have the Arky state players behaved this year...you know?

Auburn is really embracing the little brother role. It's sad. Auburn is not a major program. Major programs hire proven coaches. Laughing stocks like Kentucky hire unproven assistants. Those Assistants go to Auburns and Kentuckys to prove theirselves so they can get a job at a major program. Gus' one year at Arkansas state technical community college doesn't carry much weight in the real world. He would never be mentioned for even a coordinator job at bama or LSU. If sanctions are in the future for Auburn it will not matter. Auburn is gonna hammer itself. Auburn used to be a major program but hell we all used to be something.

All of UAT's recent ex head coaches are available, any takers there?

Mike Shula - no prior HC experience before UAT

Mike Price - former WSU HC

Dennis Franchione - former TCU HC

Mike Dubose - no prior HC experience before UAT

Thanks for the info but I thought we would at least interview some more candidates. Might just be a smoke screen who knows. Hopefully we hear some Wed.

About half of the interviews as of this morning were likely done.

When he was at Ark? You mean the job he quit because Houston Nutt ran his offense for him? The same Ark that recruited another QB flameout in Mustain?

I appreciate how you manipulate stats to suit your case. All of his wins against Georgia, Arkansas, Alabama, and LSU came from 1 season. The other seasons we were competitive for the most part but no wins. You still haven't answered the QB/WR problem that he has been left us with.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! You must have never learned that what you want isn't always what you get. Step away from the ledge and take off the O&B glasses for one second. Other than Peterson, who turned down $4 mill from UCLA just last season, which one of the coaches would be taking a step up to come coach Auburn? At best, it would be a lateral move. Why leave a good thing, uproot your family, to come to an unknown? We all love Auburn to our core but not one of those coaches has ties to Auburn and probably doesn't feel the same way as we do.

Yeah...pretty much this.

I almost :rollin: when I hear people say "I know, I bet Chris Petersen would come if we asked really nicely" or "omg, lets hire Sean Payton" or "I bet Schnellenberger has some left in the tank" or "Hey, if we throw enough money, maybe we can resurrect Knute Rockne".

Seriously, folks. We love AU and would trade our wives and some of our children to coach there. But some other people just don't know that it's worth it, so they're not going to leave coaching the Patriots to come down. Take some deep breaths.

I wasn't aware this was an option. How do I get on the interview list?

Thank you for the valid update, what are your personal perceptions at this juncture?

I think it will be Gus which is what I thought all along but at this point I would not be surprised if it's Smart.

When he was at Ark? You mean the job he quit because Houston Nutt ran his offense for him? The same Ark that recruited another QB flameout in Mustain?

I appreciate how you manipulate stats to suit your case. All of his wins against Georgia, Arkansas, Alabama, and LSU came from 1 season. The other seasons we were competitive for the most part but no wins. You still haven't answered the QB/WR problem that he has been left us with.

I was talking about BP, GM is 0-2 vs ranked teams as a HC.

No. Your point was that Petrino didn't have any wins against ranked teams. The poster corrected you by writing that actually Petrino won six games against ranked opponents. Your post was factually wrong. If you would have stated Petrino has a horrible winning % against ranked teams, then that would have made your point. Obviously, you didn't write that so you really have no point except that you gave false information to the board (if the poster is correct about the six wins).

I agree, winning the Sunbelt with a returning team that was a heavy favorite to win it is much better than building a BCS conference winning Louisville team :-\/>

He had KF for fall camp - that's it. Most of his effort went into BT who played very well given his athletic decencies As for Clint, AU took a flier on him. Avg QB but was never really SEC level

IMO.. He was part of the first class, and the staff had no real time for evals. Gus has never had the benefit of a returning stater but still has consistently won games. I would be interested to see him have a QB for more than 1 year before questioning his developmental ability. Yes he recruited Pike, but remember Gus was not in charge of discipline, that was Chizik and Jackson's job.....how have the Arky state players behaved this year...you know?

You just proved my point. When he arrived here he had Chris Todd & Barrett Trotter as his QB. What was his plan to fix this position? Over a 4 year period that position regressed. If we do not fix that position then we will be 6-6 next year. Every coach is in charge of discipline. If Gus went to Chizik and said we need to find another option because Pike got suspended 2x from his high school team for synthetic pot use then he would have allowed him to find another one. Come on. That is just common sense. He wanted Pike & he wanted KF. One lost his job to a true freshman and the other is a tight end for Louisville. If we hire CGM then I will support him just like I did Chizik but we will be a 7-8 win team every single year. Look at his offense against the best teams in the league. All of his wins came in just 1 year.

As much as we all love Auburn and recoginze it as the special place it is, there are other SEC schools going after the same group of top candidates. Tennessee is considered a top tier program and would be attractive to any of the coaches we are looking at, too. The coaches being sought are the ones that benefit from this process with huge pay raises. I'm not a fan of JJ's, but all I can do is trust the search and selection process and pray for the best for Auburn.

Archived