The word on the Search

ellitor

PETRINO DID NOT WIN GAMES VS RANKED OPPONENTS AT ARKY....WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND

What was CGM record against them?

It seems like it is down to those two. Between the two surely you admit that Petrino is the better hire.

PETRINO DID WIN GAMES VS RANKED OPPONENTS AT ARKY 6-13 vs ranked 6-5 his last 2 years. Research is not hard.

Pfft you made my point...good job....thanks again....

When he was at Ark? You mean the job he quit because Houston Nutt ran his offense for him? The same Ark that recruited another QB flameout in Mustain?

I appreciate how you manipulate stats to suit your case. All of his wins against Georgia, Arkansas, Alabama, and LSU came from 1 season. The other seasons we were competitive for the most part but no wins. You still haven't answered the QB/WR problem that he has been left us with.

I was talking about BP, GM is 0-2 vs ranked teams as a HC.

He faced Oregon and Nebraska with Arkansas St for god's sake.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PETRINO DID NOT WIN GAMES VS RANKED OPPONENTS AT ARKY....WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND

It seems like it is down to those two. Between the two surely you admit that Petrino is the better hire.

PETRINO DID WIN GAMES VS RANKED OPPONENTS AT ARKY 6-13 vs ranked 6-5 his last 2 years. Research is not hard.

Proved you don't know the difference 0 and 6 is more like it

Says the person that doesn't understand the difference between figurative and literal. ...seriously a lot of this board is beginning to resemble some of the trash that is the bammer fan base

Lets all calm down it will be over soon and you can start all new threads to discussion how good or bad the new hire is.

IMO it is not going to be what most people would consider a BOOM hire.......................

C'mon guys... really? No need to walk out on the ledge based on rumors, innuendo and unconfirmed -- and contradictory -- information.

You have to at least interview Petrino, right? Beginning to sound like he may not even be on the list to interview. What kind of moral backbone does Bo, Pat & Crawford have?

According to Rivals, he has not been interviewed.

Proved you don't know the difference 0 and 6 is more like it

Says the person that doesn't understand the difference between figurative and literal. ...seriously a lot of this board is beginning to resemble some of the trash that is the bammer fan base

Literal is usually in caps. LOL

Given the two names that are supposed front runners and have interviewed, Kirby and Gus, I have to think there is someone we haven't speculated a lot on that will be the new coach. I think that might be Mora. Just a hunch.

Lets all calm down it will be over soon and you can start all new threads to discussion how good or bad the new hire is.

IMO it is not going to be what most people would consider a BOOM hire.......................

I think the same. Has AU ever hired a BOOM hire? Maybe Tommy T. but not really.

Auburn is really embracing the little brother role. It's sad. Auburn is not a major program. Major programs hire proven coaches. Laughing stocks like Kentucky hire unproven assistants. Those Assistants go to Auburns and Kentuckys to prove theirselves so they can get a job at a major program. Gus' one year at Arkansas state technical community college doesn't carry much weight in the real world. He would never be mentioned for even a coordinator job at bama or LSU. If sanctions are in the future for Auburn it will not matter. Auburn is gonna hammer itself. Auburn used to be a major program but hell we all used to be something.

Only 9 of the top 25 BCS teams (or 36%) have coaches who were head coaches before their current head coaching job. That includes list of guys includes Will Muschamp, Chip Kelly, Bill Snyder, David Shaw, Mark Richt, Bob Stoops, Jimbo Fisher, Dabo Swinney, Dave Doeren, Bo Pelini, Chris Petersen, Pat Fitzgerald, Charlie Strong, Gary Anderson and a few others.

You want to try to make your point again Chicken Little?

I don't follow the other schools but here's a question around context; are UT and Arkansas considering Gus or Bobby? Are either considering Kirby?

Read an article yesterday that said UT should hire Tressel and it made way too much sense. Otherwise, I don't know if two major powers in the SEC consider our candidates as attractive as we might (or might not, considering your perspective).

Not saying we should care what another school might find attractive (or not) but if Gus is a solid candidate for Auburn, why wouldn't Arkansas poach him from their back yard?

Why do people think we have a problem at wr? We have guys running open down the field every game. and physical recievers who block on the edges. There is no problem at wr. just don't have anyone who can get them the ball consistently

I want to clear something up as it is quickly becoming internet fact around here. GUS DID NOT HAVE 4 RETURNING STARTERS. He had 10. 6 on offense including the returning conference player of the year and 4 on defense. He also had some really good transfers from bigtime conference schools that Freeze got to transfer that had sat out a year and become elgible include former Vol RB Oku. So I don't know where this number 4 comes from but it is not true.

What is true is he had the least number of returning starters in the conference...though some of the transfers would have beaten out last years starters if they were eligible.

I like Gus...he is not my favorite to be the next coach...but I would be ok if he was. Just want accurate facts to be passed around.

I really would like Patterson first and second would be Petrino. Strong and Fisher are about equal. Gus and Smart tied for 3rd. That is just my opinion. I am really hesitant to give someone that has not had a lot of HC experience this job. It is too darn hard.

Petrino is not happening unless some big $$$$ donors change their mind. If JJ is given full authority then look for Malzahn to get the job.

^^^^cosby gets it...and let me add, it isn't just "big $$$$ donors". You could add "senior administrators and other senior AU leaders", i.e. senior decisionmakers. Sorry Coz, I've been trying for days but nobody is listening unless you're talking about how great a coach BP will be at AU.

Why do people think we have a problem at wr? We have guys running open down the field every game. and physical recievers who block on the edges. There is no problem at wr. just don't have anyone who can get them the ball consistently

Blake had 50 catches Bray was 2nd with 14 as far as receivers. This is why some people think there is a problem developing receivers.

Blake had 50 catches Bray was 2nd with 14 as far as receivers. This is why some people think there is a problem developing receivers.

Again it's not the relievers fault they don't get the ball thrown to them. The receivers were one under malzahn and will be fine if he comes back. I would like to see a stat on how many balls were actually thrown to the other receivers not named Blake. I would also like to see how many catches they had based on how many times they were targeted.

I saw open guys all season. And I also saw receivers blocking consistently.

I think that has more to do with our QB not being able to get past their first read, due to no blocking or no mental capacity.

Are you absolutely sure Petrino has not already interviewed?

I heard someone important was interviewed on campus last week. The speculation was the only person available to interview on-campus was Petrino, as other candidates would be wrapped up in bowl prep, and need to be interviewed near their schools.

Because the "trusted/insiders" here usually report pretty good info.

I hope you dont seriously believe that Ellitor and company are "insiders" and know who has or hasn't been contacted.

This^^^^ While I don't post every speculation I have been told I try my best to give the most promanent info I have been told. and trust most in. I am not in the committee so I nor anyone else can say anything with 100% certainty Until a new coach is announced. With these things anything can change or happen.

I hope you dont seriously believe that Ellitor and company are "insiders" and know who has or hasn't been contacted.

This^^^^ While I don't post every speculation I have been told I try my best to give the most promanent info I have been told. and trust most in. I am not in the committee so I nor anyone else can say anything with 100% certainty Until a new coach is announced. With these things anything can change or happen.

E, i normally don't post but l appreciate the info that you do give us. Thanks.

Again it's not the relievers fault they don't get the ball thrown to them. The receivers were one under malzahn and will be fine if he comes back. I would like to see a stat on how many balls were actually thrown to the other receivers not named Blake. I would also like to see how many catches they had based on how many times they were targeted.

I saw open guys all season. And I also saw receivers blocking consistently.

All other receivers (7) had a total of 42 catches for the year, I don't remember a lot of drops just a lil off target

Ellitor is crafty. Crafty enough to tell us which conversations went well but not to reveal "other" conversations.

I'm not drawing more out of it than this, but his post does not rule out conversations with very prominent coaches.

I believe ellitor is a member of 247 and that is where a lot of this comes from... PM, etc...

Yes a member but most of my info comes from 23 and others in the AD. There are things that PM says sometimes that I validate with People in the AD. If it's not validated I don't post it. Plain and simple.

Archived