Can we all agree on one thing?

PapaWill

We all have our favorite yet none of us have any say in the matter............so regardless of who is selected, it would be great if 100% of the AU Family immediately jumped on board with positive responses. Because I can guarantee you that whatever the response.... it will become very public and very quickly if a vocal portion of our fan base shoots off with negative remarks because we did not get who they wanted.

I realize we are passionate now and upset with what has transpired............ but regardless of who is selected, not one of us realy knows for sure if it will be a successful hire. It is not being a sunshine pumper if you support whoever the selection is right now because we have no results to criticize.

If we would have picked Nick Saban right out of Michigan State how many of us would have been upset? He was not very successful there for how many years? Our fan base is not like other fan bases in my mind. I can only hope that we all come together and not give the Bammers and media anything to feed on after our hire. I am talking to myself as well! War Eagle!!!

We all have our favorite yet none of us have any say in the matter............so regardless of who is selected, it would be great if 100% of the AU Family immediately jumped on board with positive responses. Because I can guarantee you that whatever the response.... it will become very public and very quickly if a vocal portion of our fan base shoots off with negative remarks because we did not get who they wanted.

I realize we are passionate now and upset with what has transpired............ but regardless of who is selected, not one of us realy knows for sure if it will be a successful hire. It is not being a sunshine pumper if you support whoever the selection is right now because we have no results to criticize.

If we would have picked Nick Saban right out of Michigan State how many of us would have been upset? He was not very successful there for how many years? Our fan base is not like other fan bases in my mind. I can only hope that we all come together and not give the Bammers and media anything to feed on after our hire. I am talking to myself as well! War Eagle!!!

I like what you're saying, and I'm on board. :wareagle:

It will get better......3-9 has been hell on us all.

Don't bet in it. People are going to be pissed no matter who it unless they pull a rabbit out of a hat. If they pass on Petrino to hire a lesser known guy, a vocal and significant portion of the fan base will be ticked, feeling that Auburn pulled another "settle for" hire out of the hat. If they hire Petrino, another vocal segment will have a cow thinking we've sold our souls. Outside of a Bob Stoops level hire, there is no unifying candidate. Sorry.

If we hire John Gruden, most everyone will be positive.

That's what I'm afraid of. I am going to support Auburn. Whomever is Auburn's coach is my Coach till the end. War Eagle forever. I'll fight for the one I want now, but when the decision is made, that will be my man!

There are certain people who if hired would have a united fan base, I just don't think it's realistic that any of them are truly candidates.

Don't bet in it. People are going to be pissed no matter who it unless they pull a rabbit out of a hat. If they pass on Petrino to hire a lesser known guy, a vocal and significant portion of the fan base will be ticked, feeling that Auburn pulled another "settle for" hire out of the hat. If they hire Petrino, another vocal segment will have a cow thinking we've sold our souls. Outside of a Bob Stoops level hire, there is no unifying candidate. Sorry.

So are they interviewing Bugs Bunny?!?

He has too much baggage, have you seen some of his episodes!LOL :cool:

That's what I'm afraid of. I am going to support Auburn. Whomever is Auburn's coach is my Coach till the end. War Eagle forever. I'll fight for the one I want now, but when the decision is made, that will be my man!

This is how it should be.

So are they interviewing Bugs Bunny?!?

He has too much baggage, have you seen some of his episodes!LOL :cool:

I see what you did....

If we hire John Gruden, most everyone will be positive.

Count me as one who would not be impressed by that hire AT ALL!

The idea that there is a unifying hire vs those that wont suit may be true but sure is sad in my way of thinking. Im not smart enough to see what the future holds but Im certainly glad all those around here presumably know enough to be unhappy if "their guy" doesn't get the nod. Ive been pretty outspoken in posting my thoughts that Auburn can do better than Bobby Petrino but Im not going to come unravellled if he ends up being named the next HC. I dont get all the heartburn in advance. Who among us actually knows enough about the future to get all negative about it? Based on what Ive read in these forums, the only "significant segment" of the fanbase that is going to experience a melt down if their guy doesn't get the nod are the ones placing all their hopes on Bobby Petrino. Im supporting whoever gets hired and wont have a single negative comment about the choice going forward.

I will voice my opinion on the hire positively or negatively, but ultimately I will give whomever is named an objective chance. Heck I gave Chizik a chance and every one of the candidates mentioned are far better candidates than Chizik was in 2008.

wde

The idea that there is a unifying hire vs those that wont suit may be true but sure is sad in my way of thinking. Im not smart enough to see what the future holds but Im certainly glad all those around here presumably know enough to be unhappy if "their guy" doesn't get the nod. Ive been pretty outspoken in posting my thoughts that Auburn can do better than Bobby Petrino but Im not going to come unravellled if he ends up being named the next HC. I dont get all the heartburn in advance. Who among us actually knows enough about the future to get all negative about it? Based on what Ive read in these forums, the only "significant segment" of the fanbase that is going to experience a melt down if their guy doesn't get the nod are the ones placing all their hopes on Bobby Petrino. Im supporting whoever gets hired and wont have a single negative comment about the choice going forward.

Trust me, if BP is hired there will be a huge segment of the AU fanbase that will not support the hire. The meltdown will be equal across the board. I have said many times that I will always support whomever is the coach at Auburn, will I voice my opinion whether I agree with the hire? Of course I will. As will those that are against BP if he is hired. But in the end we all pull for the same team. Win or lose. WDE.

Trust me, if BP is hired there will be a huge segment of the AU fanbase that will not support the hire. The meltdown will be equal across the board. I have said many times that I will always support whomever is the coach at Auburn, will I voice my opinion whether I agree with the hire? Of course I will. As will those that are against BP if he is hired. But in the end we all pull for the same team. Win or lose. WDE.

You very well could be right. Like I said, I have no idea what the future holds but hope we can heal the fracture from the divisiveness this coach search has created in the fanbase. Im not going to complain about the hire primarily because it wont do a bit of good but prolong that divisiveness thats so disconcerting for us older men.

I can not speak for all the pro-BP crowd but what I am saying is if all else fails then he should be considered our last resort before a unknown, underwhelming hire.

But we are dealing with JJ and we have no faith in him.

JJ and JG are going to ruin the program. AU will not sell out a single game next year and two years from now AU will be the worst team in the west for the third straight year. Freeze and Mullen will out coach either one of your two coordinators you are trying to call a head coach seven days a week. The fools that are excited about keeping anyone from Chiziks staff are the best. That staff was awesome. Incase you haven't noticed, none of them can actually coach. Recruiting, that's why its so great, right? Wrong, Saban and Miles have always got first pick and Auburn got the leftovers. To top it all off, the OC from that staff that got ran out of town because every DC in the SEC figured out his high school trickeration offense, aka the generic version of Clemson and A&M's offense, is who you want to make head coach. Or is it the puppet from Tuscaloosa? You want to hire a make believe DC from your rival and make him your leader? This is comedy at its best. Auburn will never beat Saban. LaughingstockU is becoming HopelessU.

JJ and JG are going to ruin the program. AU will not sell out a single game next year and two years from now AU will be the worst team in the west for the third straight year. Freeze and Mullen will out coach either one of your two coordinators you are trying to call a head coach seven days a week. The fools that are excited about keeping anyone from Chiziks staff are the best. That staff was awesome. Incase you haven't noticed, none of them can actually coach. Recruiting, that's why its so great, right? Wrong, Saban and Miles have always got first pick and Auburn got the leftovers. To top it all off, the OC from that staff that got ran out of town because every DC in the SEC figured out his high school trickeration offense, aka the generic version of Clemson and A&M's offense, is who you want to make head coach. Or is it the puppet from Tuscaloosa? You want to hire a make believe DC from your rival and make him your leader? This is comedy at its best. Auburn will never beat Saban. LaughingstockU is becoming HopelessU.

Wow that is tough but I tend to see it the same way like I have said.

If this isn't a troll, I would rather have them than some so-called AU fans. I'm calling BS to this post...makes no sense and much of it's total nonsense.

:bs:

If this isn't a troll, I would rather have them than some so-called AU fans. I'm calling BS to this post...makes no sense and much of it's total nonsense.

:bs:

You could be correct but there is a lot of frustration with some fans including me

This is pathetic. If I didn't see that you have almost 1,800 posts I would know you were a troll. Either you need to put the bottle down and sleep it off or maybe fold up all your orange and blue gear and put it in the attic. Unbelievable!

I just didn't like JJ hiring a 5-19 coach. I didn't care that he coached here before or not. What AD goes out hires a coach who not only was 5-19, but a coach was coming off a season losing 10 in a row. And yet, Jacobs hires him anyway.

Archived