please coach borges!

AUinVA

It is coach Borges opportunity to shine like never before. Do not get me wrong he has done everything he can do this year but if he pulls out all the tricks and we get about a 14 point lead, he will be sitting on cloud 9 in the minds of AU land! tell the kids to have some fun and we will win big! Bless that man and the tigers on saturday! :au:

From what I've seen of Borges, I'm not sure he has any 'crazy' plays in his playbook. If I remember correctly, the 'craziest' play used so far is the double handoff flea flicker against Ark. And no one thought it would work. To my delight, Borges has called every game appropriately. A balanced attack, running or passing (using conservative plays) when required. I might enjoy seeing one crazy play, but I want to see more of the same from our offense. Crazy plays don't win games. Executing the bread and butter plays are much more important.

agreed, but both teams have been looking at tape of each other for months now and I think we need to try and catch them off guard often and early as best we can. Maybe crazy is not the best word but something we have not run. From what I gather of Borges he can properly disect a defense with new plays that they have not seen.

I reacted to the term "crazy plays". Makes me think of some of the crap the Bowden clan would come up with. I fully expect Borges to insert a few plays that haven't been seen so far, but do not expect them to be crazy.......... 'crazy plays' are for backyard football.

I don't think Borges will implement many new plays at all. If there are some he still hasn't run that the team has been working on all year long then we may see those, but like I posted in an earlier thread, he already said he will only be introducing the team to a couple more plays during the off week. I would be much happier with perfect execution of the plays the team already knows. If anything, look for more formations not more plays!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE AND BEAT THE DAWGS!!!!

Does anyone remember the Ronnie Brown halfback pass that never was against lsu??? We haven't seen that since - maybe this week ??

Also, we have run some pass routes that look very similar to a hook and ladder route but we have never attempted that ----- yet ????

I just hope that we are not to emotional and too pumped up for this game that we play nervous and tight.

I reacted to the term "crazy plays".  Makes me think of some of the crap the Bowden clan would come up with.  I fully expect Borges to insert a few plays that haven't been seen so far, but do not expect them to be crazy.......... 'crazy plays' are for backyard football.

119972[/snapback]

Even the mighty (pause) Coach Bryant said that "every team needs to have 'gadget' plays". He used the tackle-eligible play and throw-backs to the QB quite effectively.

I have wondered why Auburn has never (to my knowledge) used the Utah/shuttle pass.

I just hope that we are not to emotional and too pumped up for this game that we play nervous and tight.

120089[/snapback]

That's one thing we need to avoid. Starting out with penalties like jumping offsides, not enough men on LOS, illegal procedure, delay of game, etc, are killers. They need to come out excited, but focused and ready to play.

Crazy plays are good, but EXECUTION wins games! I just hope that whatever we have put in for the Dogs will be well executed and be effective! A few "rinky dinks" couldn't hurt, but you have to rememeber, this game will depend upon basics and I DO MEAN BASICS as Dye used to claim. It will be a jaw to jaw, cheek to cheek game and the winner will be toughtest SOB in town. I hope it's us!

Just no fake punts inside our own 20 yard line... :D

I really don't think that we will need any trick plays to win the game. Just line up and stuff it down their throat. I hope anyways...

:au:

Archived