Ellitor -- Weren't you going to explain...

jouie

In my opinion, Auburn made a very logical choice and on paper it looks like a good decision.

I do not know of a better choice that was willing to make the committment to Auburn. With Gus you know you will get 110% and I really doubt he is going elsewhere any time soon.

I am 110% behind him.

Well, regardless of the road traveled to get here I will say this..CGM didn't drag anything out or leave anyone wondering where he was heading. He hired both coordinators in just over several days and dismissed the complete remaining staff, including strength and conditioning coach. I am hoping that tells me that with the old staff gone a lot of old "bad" habits left with them. I m just hoping that CGM has another quick hire in mind maybe for his recruiting coordinator that can boost our chances for a decent class this year.

This may have already taken place or been asked, but has anyone specifically been hired that would fit the bill as a recruiter yet?

Jouie,

You've asked an interesting question very deftly. E is a poster that provides unbiased insight and information (he's not paying me to say this, I promise). I also remember the statement that you reference and am curious about the answer.

Here it is below. It was me he was responding to. Thanks again E.

E, when are you going to explain to me why Patreno and timing are going to workout at AU? You said you would explain this

weekend.

E responding: I never said anything about timing being a factor. I was thinking the pieces of the puzzle fit together because Mac Crawford is good friends with Bobby Lowder, who along with McWhorter spearheaded Jetgate. McWhorter is also very good friends with Gogoue and I was told 2 weeks ago that he was in Gogue's ear about Petrino. The peices just seemed to work for BP but I am glad my theory was wrong on it pointing to him. My instincts always told me Gus though.

Jouie,

You've asked an interesting question very deftly. E is a poster that provides unbiased insight and information (he's not paying me to say this, I promise). I also remember the statement that you reference and am curious about the answer.

He pays me-- you need a better agent.

Being a spiritual person who fully believes that God is present everywhere, I think it is his will that Coach Malzhan is our new coach. If you accept this, then that ends the discussion of whether or not the right man was hired. I believe 100% that God's will is for Auburn to have Gus Malzhan as its head coach!

Godspeed,

Doc

Being a spiritual person who fully believes that God is present everywhere, I think it is his will that Coach Malzhan is our new coach. If you accept this, then that ends the discussion of whether or not the right man was hired. I believe 100% that God's will is for Auburn to have Gus Malzhan as its head coach!

Godspeed,

Doc

Oh, dear ...

Doc,

Thank you for your reply (and I agree, for what it's worth). With all due respect, the original post was merely asking for information and not confirmation.

TxT,

:D, I'll be looking you up.

Appears no 'splaining is or will be forthcoming from Ellitor.

However,

PUHLEEZE save us from distracting testimonials and daily affirmations on Gus' hire.

He will probably be fine, if not come back around in 2 or 3 years.

But thinking a good thought, and until then, best to move on and not dwell on what Ellitor knew and when he knew it.

Who knew ?

All I know is that if Jacobs had been shown the door we would be likely getting JEFF Fisher as coach and Les Snead as ad. But I am pleased with what is transpiring and I am 100% behind Gus and the staff he is assembling. We will be competitive next year, we will play with passion and we will likely have some defections from the current roster and current recruiting class. I am ok with that

All I know is that if Jacobs had been shown the door we would be likely getting JEFF Fisher as coach and Les Snead as ad. But I am pleased with what is transpiring and I am 100% behind Gus and the staff he is assembling. We will be competitive next year, we will play with passion and we will likely have some defections from the current roster and current recruiting class. I am ok with that

No facts whatsoever to support this comment about Fisher. He was nevera real candidate.

E responding: I never said anything about timing being a factor. I was thinking the pieces of the puzzle fit together because Mac Crawford is good friends with Bobby Lowder, who along with McWhorter spearheaded Jetgate. McWhorter is also very good friends with Gogoue and I was told 2 weeks ago that he was in Gogue's ear about Petrino. The peices just seemed to work for BP but I am glad my theory was wrong on it pointing to him. My instincts always told me Gus though.

Standard "insider" speak and playing both sides. Color me shocked.

Uhm. E did explain it in another thread, and it's linked in this thread.

Some of y'all give him too much credit and some too much blame for him saying what he says. Like anyone else, he tells it like he sees it. This thread might be a little much, you know.

Archived