Trooper is gone

Plaric

All this talk about TT being the problem at Auburn is completely unfounded and its extremely easy for some of you to point your finger at a familiar target because you've been conditioned as such. Also, most of the people on this board don't care bout the players, only wins and that's fine...Trooper played the big brother role to a lot of those kids because they needed that in their like..

Troop was genuinely concerned about their welfare off the field, where it counted the most. In order to do get these kids to open up to you, you need an intimate relationship with them so when you discuss the pitfalls of life and how to avoid them, they are more than willing to listen....

But I know yall don't care about the players for real so carry on with your irrational discussion..

Well, thank goodness AU has a team minister, Brother Chette Williams that is available 24/7 to counsel, build relationships, mentor, and be a brother/father type figure for the players in the future.

I agree. Good to see you on board. :yes:

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand this firing but it opens a couple huge questions. See the recruiting board for exact quotes but some of our biggest verbal commitments said things like "I love Auburn and hope Trooper stays". Do THEY stay w/ us now.

Bigger long term question: the life blood in successful college ball is recruiting. Horrible game day coaches (e.g. Frank Beamer, Phillip Fulmer, Larry Coker) win big and good ones (e.g. Tator Tot, Tyrone Willingham) crash & burn based on recruiting. I'm more interested in who will lead the Auburn recruiting charge than I was in this DC pick. (fwiw, Joker Phillips is a proven southern recruiter and very good position coach, notwithstanding his KY stint).

Who care...if they de-commit because they're buddies with Trooper...then BYE. For one, it ain't about being friends. Secondly, it undermines a HCs authority. We will be fine.

you dont understand College football or the athletes that play the game

you just see an athletic black kid wearing your colors

clueless

trooper was one of the best things we had, i only wish the best for him

Who mentioned anything of race?

i did and this is me calling out everyone who repeatedly called trooper a "thug" ONLY because of what he looks like

pieces of crap i tell you, makes me sick

+1

UltraSwagnus gets it.

WHO CALLED TROOPER A THUG ON THIS BOARD?

We've had multiple people doing it. One guy literally called him a thug ,not because of his actions, but because he wore his hat backwards. There was actually a whole thread where this guy posted on almost every page about how much of a "thug" TT was. Can't remember the poster's name but he came across as very ignorant and almost racist. Surprised you missed it.

Have you ever read the AL.com boards? If so, you'd know that bama fans are the ones that call TT a thug. Believe it or not, there are bama fans on this board that pose as Auburn fans.

Seriously, grow up. You'll never move beyond race if you continuously accuse others of being racist.

Big words there, buddy. I'm very much a grown man and don't think my comments equate to me "continuously accusing others of being racist". I quoted another member's post that had a line about racism(not the only point I was agreeing to) and referred to a thread from months ago where someone(who'm you implied could very well be a turd just trying to stir the pot) made extremely ignorant comments that came across as "almost racist".

I don't think it's a coincidence that both references involve discussions about the same person(TT).

No inside info and I guess we will see if it was the right choice or not but I can't say I didn't see it coming the more articles that popped up with kids saying that if he stayed they would stay. Is a hard deal to suddenly walk into a room and be the boss of the guys that used to be your co workers its impossible to do when you have kids saying if this coach stays so will I. I don't know for sure but I think troop had a much better chance of being retained before recruits started tossing their influence. Unlike most I sorta liked his side line antics kids enjoyed him and wanted to be around him but it really just looked like it would be a situation where if he is on the side line there would be doubt as to whe the power is, it can't be with assistants or players IMO that is the one thing Saban does have right. Hopefully we can still get some of the top talent he was in with and I h ate that any of these guys have to go but I guess Gus is doing what he has to do. People wanted someone to take charge, it appears Gus is doing that in spades.

Good Post and this makes sense

I understand this firing but it opens a couple huge questions. See the recruiting board for exact quotes but some of our biggest verbal commitments said things like "I love Auburn and hope Trooper stays". Do THEY stay w/ us now.

Bigger long term question: the life blood in successful college ball is recruiting. Horrible game day coaches (e.g. Frank Beamer, Phillip Fulmer, Larry Coker) win big and good ones (e.g. Tator Tot, Tyrone Willingham) crash & burn based on recruiting. I'm more interested in who will lead the Auburn recruiting charge than I was in this DC pick. (fwiw, Joker Phillips is a proven southern recruiter and very good position coach, notwithstanding his KY stint).

Who care...if they de-commit because they're buddies with Trooper...then BYE. For one, it ain't about being friends. Secondly, it undermines a HCs authority. We will be fine.

you dont understand College football or the athletes that play the game

you just see an athletic black kid wearing your colors

clueless

trooper was one of the best things we had, i only wish the best for him

Who mentioned anything of race?

i did and this is me calling out everyone who repeatedly called trooper a "thug" ONLY because of what he looks like

pieces of crap i tell you, makes me sick

+1

UltraSwagnus gets it.

WHO CALLED TROOPER A THUG ON THIS BOARD?

We've had multiple people doing it. One guy literally called him a thug ,not because of his actions, but because he wore his hat backwards. There was actually a whole thread where this guy posted on almost every page about how much of a "thug" TT was. Can't remember the poster's name but he came across as very ignorant and almost racist. Surprised you missed it.

Have you ever read the AL.com boards? If so, you'd know that bama fans are the ones that call TT a thug. Believe it or not, there are bama fans on this board that pose as Auburn fans.

Seriously, grow up. You'll never move beyond race if you continuously accuse others of being racist.

:bow: Thanks Taco!

Lets play the chain of command game: Rich (compliance officer) has a boss named JJ (AD) who just happens to also be Gus's boss (HC). If Rich has info pertaining to compliance issues he reports to his boss a decision is then made.

All this talk about TT being the problem at Auburn is completely unfounded and its extremely easy for some of you to point your finger at a familiar target because you've been conditioned as such. Also, most of the people on this board don't care bout the players, only wins and that's fine...Trooper played the big brother role to a lot of those kids because they needed that in their like..

Troop was genuinely concerned about their welfare off the field, where it counted the most. In order to do get these kids to open up to you, you need an intimate relationship with them so when you discuss the pitfalls of life and how to avoid them, they are more than willing to listen....

But I know yall don't care about the players for real so carry on with your irrational discussion..

While this may be true, these kids did not need someone to undermine the HC and step between them and him. I am grateful for the things Troop brought to the table but I am OK with the change.

Don't get me wrong, I am on the front seat of the Gus Bus and support whatever he does 100%. I just am disgusted with the unwarranted attack on Trooper Taylor...

Also, I never saw Troop undermine the coach, and according to some of the players(they all loved Coach Chizik btw), that was not the case at all

I agree with you but I witnessed him undermine the HC more than once. Let's put it this way, in my opinion it is not OK for anyone to get between a player being chewed out for something they did and the HC. That to me is undermining and let's the players know they don't have to listen. It may just be me, but I for one do not manage my employees that way and I certainly don't let them run the show.

This is fair

I wish he could get Craig away from FSU.

+1

++1

I don't think it'd be impossible but when he was in HYT with jimbo recruiting Winston, he seemed really satisfied. Maybe with a fancy title and a dump truck of $$$ he'd be more inclined to leave Tallahassee. I'm sure he feels some loyalty to jimbo for giving him a good job.

Maybe QB coach and Recruiting Coordinator would do it for DC

Lets play the chain of command game: Rich (compliance officer) has a boss named JJ (AD) who just happens to also be Gus's boss (HC). If Rich has info pertaining to compliance issues he reports to his boss a decision is then made.

NOOOOOOOOOOW I get it.

Best of luck to Trooper Taylor. I for one liked him. Just hope he doesn't go to an SEC school but I have a feeling he will wind back up at Tennessee. They loved him when he was there before. War Eagle Coach Troop and may God bless you and your family.

NOOOOOOOOOOW I get it.

I think I may know what you are trying to say but...

raycharlesphoto.jpg

I will say this about our Head of Compliance, he is the only guy that has been earning his money IMO. We need to give him a raise. He is one that we can not afford to lose. If he had anything to do with this, then I support this move a gazillion percent.

Anyone have any clue on who he is thinking about going after for Recruiting Coordinator??

The only name I have heard is DC from FSU as QB coach/RC but as it has been pointed out before there may not be much of a relationship there and I also don't know how good of a QB coach he actually is. I am holding out hope that Luper will be back as RC/RB coach.

Anyone have any clue on who he is thinking about going after for Recruiting Coordinator??

The only name I have heard is DC from FSU as QB coach/RC but as it has been pointed out before there may not be much of a relationship there and I also don't know how good of a QB coach he actually is. I am holding out hope that Luper will be back as RC/RB coach.

DC will not be on this staff. That is just "wishful hoping" on some peoples part. Rhett will be OC/QB coach.

I will say this about our Head of Compliance, he is the only guy that has been earning his money IMO. We need to give him a raise. He is one that we can not afford to lose. If he had anything to do with this, then I support this move a gazillion percent.

i may not like the "admin meddling" idea, but if this is the reason, then it is hard to argue against. but if this is the reason, then why did it not happen prior to today ... if there were legit firing reasons, then they appear to be hypocritical about it ... did they just discover it today, or use now as cover to do something they didnt have the cajones to do before. so in other words, if they did this for the "right" reasons, then that means to me JJ is pathetic for not having done it already.

The Rivals link did not work for me, so I'll ask this forum-Has Auburn or Trooper Taylor himself actually said he will not be maintained? I don't necessarily think him being gone is not true, but I do know that this forum has a way of running away on rumors and half-rumors.

I won't be surprised if Georgia or Alabama hire TT, and he takes half the recruits that said they are "Committed to Coach Troop" with him. But regardless, it was a change that was needed.

I think uga and the turds are doing fine without him and so can we.

What is with all the wining on this board?! Other schools recruit high profile players without trooper on there staff, and so will we! If some recruits drop then so be it. Its all part of the game. Time to move on.

Pretty sure the entire staff (including Trooper) would have been let go no matter who we hired as HC.

wde

i may not like the "admin meddling" idea, but if this is the reason, then it is hard to argue against. but if this is the reason, then why did it not happen prior to today ... if there were legit firing reasons, then they appear to be hypocritical about it ... did they just discover it today, or use now as cover to do something they didnt have the cajones to do before. so in other words, if they did this for the "right" reasons, then that means to me JJ is pathetic for not having done it already.

JJ is a pathetic excuse for an AD in any and every situation imagineable IMO. I hope Febr. will be the end of his AD tenure at Auburn.

As far as TT, he has had recruiting restrictions put on him three of the four years he has been with us. That is telling and I am sure the higher-ups at Auburn are tired at all of the NCAA scrutiny. I am a lower-up and I know I am darn tired of it. Some times it's just best to cut bait and move on.

JJ is a pathetic excuse for an AD in any and every situation imagineable IMO. I hope Febr. will be the end of his AD tenure at Auburn.

As far as TT, he has had recruiting restrictions put on him three of the four years he has been with us. That is telling and I am sure the higher-ups at Auburn are tired at all of the NCAA scrutiny. I am a lower-up and I know I am darn tired of it. Some times it's just best to cut bait and move on.

Sounds like this is exactly what Gus is doing - he does not need to waste his time evaluating the members from the old regime. Just cut 'em loose and bring in a staff he knows he can trust to do things HIS way. WDE Coach, you've done a great job sweeping the place clean, now time the stock the cupboards and get the Gus Bus rollin!

I won't be surprised if Georgia or Alabama hire TT, and he takes half the recruits that said they are "Committed to Coach Troop" with him. But regardless, it was a change that was needed.

I think uga and the turds are doing fine without him and so can we.

They have their own Trooper.. UGA has Rodney Garner beside it is easier for dog and turd to recruite. they are number one school in their states hence they have state name in their school name. We need a new recruiting coordinator as good as Trooper.

Cant let players or recruits run the team. Nor assistant coaches for that matter. I Trust in Gus. Highly doubt he's letting anyone else give him marching orders on who to fire or hire.

I liked Trooper too but we will be fine.

Archived