40 AU vs Ga tickets stolen

Tigerfan

40 tickets were stolen from an office in atlanta. Auburn apparently redistributed more tickets because this office has some sec broadcasting rights or something. they say that there will be security where the seats are and the people with the old tickets will be asked to leave.

here is the info for the seats

Sec. 33

Row 19 & 20

Seats 1-20

DO NOT BUY THESE TICKETS!

40 tickets were stolen from an office in atlanta. Auburn apparently redistributed more tickets because this office has some sec broadcasting rights or something. they say that there will be security where the seats are and the people with the old tickets will be asked to leave.

here is the info for the seats

Sec. 33

Row 19 & 20

Seats 1-20

DO NOT BUY THESE TICKETS!

120086[/snapback]

I feel sorry for the people that buy these tickets. They are gonna pay a large amount of money, and then not be able to see the game. I would spend the rest of the week hunting down the person that sold me these tickets. Maybe the theif will be stupid enough to put them on ebay.

someone is going to be real mad come gametime when they sit down in those seats.

I will say the back of the tickets say:

"Tickets obtained from sources other than the Auburn Athletic Ticket Office could be lost, stolen, or counterfeit tickets and, if so, may be seized and cancelled without compensation."

Maybe the theif will be stupid enough to put them on ebay.

120090[/snapback]

yea hopefully

I just tried searching ebay and found nothing

wonder if the holders of the bad tickets will be stopped at the gate perhaps... i guess ticket checkers are too busy to look at specific rows/seats?

are these counterfeit tickets, or stolen tickets? if stolen, then how do the officials know who should be sitting there?

wonder if the holders of the bad tickets will be stopped at the gate perhaps... i guess ticket checkers are too busy to look at specific rows/seats?

are these counterfeit tickets, or stolen tickets?  if stolen, then how do the officials know who should be sitting there?

120341[/snapback]

Most larger/pro venues now use a barcode system. They scan the barcode on entrance with a jacked-up iPaq and it clears you. All they would have to do it void said bar codes and print new ones from the system.

I'm not sure how the SECCG does theirs, but I'd bet they utilize this or similar technology.

Archived