2013 4* RB Johnathan "Rudy" Ford signs with AU!

minister of music

any chance Auburn can get him to switch from Vandy?

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of reminds me of Tre a little bit. He's got speed, agility, and seems to never be taken down by the first defender, much like Tre.

Judging by his film I would say that's a very good comparison. He has the same moves as Tre.

Very impressive film with his acceleration, straight line speed and his anticipation using angles to cut back against the grain. I didn't see anything I didn't like, but I also don't know how much emphasis should be made about the competition. :dunno:

No ones mentioned it yet...

Gus is looking into this kid and he just so happens to wear #5!!!

Also impressed with the runs he made from spread formations, looks like Gus wants someone built for his offense.

Don't be shocked if a few kids with less than 3 or 4 stars show up on signing day that fit the "mold" for CGM and his offense. I also expect to see 4-6 running backs get touches this season, with a majority going to Tre and Blakely (as long as he improves his ball handling).

Very impressive film with his acceleration, straight line speed and his anticipation using angles to cut back against the grain. I didn't see anything I didn't like, but I also don't know how much emphasis should be made about the competition. :dunno:

I think New Hope is a 3A school so it's not the top of the line competition. Lots of those defenders looked awfully small but he looks quick.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw where ford has been predicted to go to AUburn by the mods. I saw him when New Hope played Good Hope (the red interlocking GH in the highlights). He was extremely impressive. Could be a real gem. May be a Wallace type that has a strong desire to prove he belongs.

I saw where Ford said He was very solid with his pick on Vandy. But maybe we can sway him???

I'd like to get Wilkins, so I hope he hangs with us. Although I guess it's good to sign at least one RB every year it's is not a position where we need immediate help. Returning juniors Mason and Grant, incoming junior & JUCO player Artis-Payne(sp?) and Soph Blakeley give us plenty of wiggle room. Don't know just which of those a player like Ford would knock out of the playing rotation for the next two years, at least.

I'd like to get Wilkins, so I hope he hangs with us. Although I guess it's good to sign at least one RB every year it's is not a position where we need immediate help. Returning juniors Mason and Grant, incoming junior & JUCO player Artis-Payne(sp?) and Soph Blakeley give us plenty of wiggle room. Don't know just which of those a player like Ford would knock out of the playing rotation for the next two years, at least.

He may be a replacement if Wilkins flips.

Or Ford may stick with Vandy as he says he intends to do.

Or Ford may stick with Vandy as he says he intends to do.

We will see if and when the heat is turned up. The coaches are looking for an edge runner/scat back type to add to this class.

Quote"We will see if and when the heat is turned up. The coaches are looking for an edge runner/scat back type to add to this class" Why? They've already got Jason Smith. He can play all 24 positions (including kickers) Just give Jason the ball on the outside running plays.

Archived