2013 4* RB Johnathan "Rudy" Ford signs with AU!

minister of music

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, when he runs the ball, do we all yell, "Rudy" like we did when Rudy Johnson was our tailback?

Works for me. War Eagle Rudy!!

So he was at AU last weekend!

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/02/new_hopes_johnathan_ford_signs.html

Ford committed to Vanderbilt last April, but de-committed following an official visit to Auburn on Jan. 25. Ford returned to the Plains last weekend for an unofficial visit.

I read somewhere else where this kid was laser timed at 4.41. That's fast anyway you clock it, but especially with laser. This was according to his HS coach.

We gotta come up with a good nickname for Ford

Well, we could go with "Mustang", but I don't see that as catchy enough. Maybe call him "GT" for when he kicks it into that extra gear?

Or how about "Lincoln Mercury"? You know, like in The Postman, the right hand man to Kevin Costner's name is "Ford Lincoln Mercury", a name he got from an old car dealership...:dunno: Think I like "GT" better.

His friends call him Rudy, so he prefers that nickname. The teamates at NH joked with him about going into Beast-Mode when kicking in that extra gear and that's were Rudy "the Beast" came from.

Since everyone is throwing new nicknames out, Ford makes the "Raptor" SVT truck. Raptor goes well with "War Eagle". Not only will he run guys over but he can make them miss. Ask Reuban Foster (well...might want to get a translator first) about that. During the Miss - AL All-Star practice folks were talking about how Rudy and Foster went right after one another and how the pads were poppin' loud.

BTW he posted shots on twitter last night of him in the AU jersey during his visit and another one w/ CGM in case you haven't seen them.

NH's Coach Taylor was on 97.7 the Zone last night and talked about him being a pure 4 second 40 guy. He said he knew at times he was faster than the 4.41.

Also Cole Cubelic had a really great interview with Rudy and Cam Toney. Both well spoken and really excited to get to work. The advice that he gave them made it an awesome piece. He said something to the extent of "There will always be things to do and see later in life like girlfriends, parties, spring break and vacations, but you will never get a chance to be a D1, SEC College Football player again." "This is your time to be a Football Player, don't let anyone take it from you."

Archived