2013 4* RB Johnathan "Rudy" Ford signs with AU!

minister of music

Quote"We will see if and when the heat is turned up. The coaches are looking for an edge runner/scat back type to add to this class" Why? They've already got Jason Smith. He can play all 24 positions (including kickers) Just give Jason the ball on the outside running plays.

Even though he will get a shot at QB first he is too good at running routes and being a receiver to get many running plays. He will be a valuable receiver in Gus's offense.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very impressive film with his acceleration, straight line speed and his anticipation using angles to cut back against the grain. I didn't see anything I didn't like, but I also don't know how much emphasis should be made about the competition. :dunno:

I think New Hope is a 3A school so it's not the top of the line competition. Lots of those defenders looked awfully small but he looks quick.

this is accurate, but it is said that the 3A rank in the state of AL is the most balanced and competitive division in the state. take it for what it's worth.

Very impressive film with his acceleration, straight line speed and his anticipation using angles to cut back against the grain. I didn't see anything I didn't like, but I also don't know how much emphasis should be made about the competition. :dunno:

I think New Hope is a 3A school so it's not the top of the line competition. Lots of those defenders looked awfully small but he looks quick.

this is accurate, but it is said that the 3A rank in the state of AL is the most balanced and competitive division in the state. take it for what it's worth.

It may be. But teams in 5A and 6A will provide film against some serious competition and serious athletes especially for speed comparisons. Certainly not saying a kid cannot make it from a smaller school. I played 1A ball and only injury kept me from a NLF Hall of Fame career.

Corn Elder and Alvin Kamara need to be priorities if we are pursuing a scat option.

Agreed. Expect to here them talked about more soon.

I'll say this a million times, unless Alvin Kamara has some huge change of heart over Gus Malzahn and his offense, he will not even entertain us. Did not like Auburn when he unofficially visited jr year and has never even given us a shot. I don't know why people keep bringing him up

I'll say this a million times, unless Alvin Kamara has some huge change of heart over Gus Malzahn and his offense, he will not even entertain us. Did not like Auburn when he unofficially visited jr year and has never even given us a shot. I don't know why people keep bringing him up

We know that. The whole point of possible interest is Gus's offense. Our coaches are interested. Just remains to be seen if AK will be.

When we get back to school from break I'll figure out if anything changed on the AK front but I would be willing to bet all 15$ I have left after buying my girlfriend's christmas present that he still isn't interested based on previous discussions

When we get back to school from break I'll figure out if anything changed on the AK front but I would be willing to bet all 15$ I have left after buying my girlfriend's christmas present that he still isn't interested based on previous discussions

That's fine but the new staff should at least check.

Fair game. I hope they do check and reach out to him.

Just don't like when our fans hear a name thrown out, especially a top name on recruiting services and then think we have a shot. Next thing that happens is they start talking about how great he is and how much we need him when we don't have a shot. Then when we "settle" for another guy everyone is upset

Just don't like when our fans hear a name thrown out, especially a top name on recruiting services and then think we have a shot. Next thing that happens is they start talking about how great he is and how much we need him when we don't have a shot. Then when we "settle" for another guy everyone is upset

I hope our fans are smart enough to not put stock into a new name until there are articles expressing serious interest from our staff in a recruit or posts from insiders conveying the interest.

I hope our fans are smart enough to not put stock into a new name until there are articles expressing serious from our staff in a recruit or posts from insiders conveying the interest.

+1

I hope our fans are smart enough to not put stock into a new name until there are articles expressing serious from our staff in a recruit or posts from insiders conveying the interest.

+1

So, are we talking about Kamara or ford? I had spoke of ford's impressiveness because in the game I saw him play, he was indeed impressive. I don't know what the chances of him landing at AUburn are other than what was predicted by the mod in the recruiting thread. On Kamara, I hadn't heard his name until a few posts ago.

• 4 weeks later...

any chance Auburn can get him to switch from Vandy?

Mom,

Any interest by BamR on him ?

That joke right when he gets the offer....Really?? And to answer your question, no.

3A champs madison academy lost to the 2A champs TANNER RATTLERS!!!!! i have no idea about the accuracy of your post but i had to get that in. :muscles:

So does this mean Green is out?

No. The coaches want 3 RBs in this class. Ford is expressly recruited for the Omac Role. Green and Barber have priority over Wilkins for the other spot.

IMO this young man is a must have for Gus' offense. His quickness is so sudden!! I am truly amazed at his obviously great vision and explosiveness. Looks fearless running the ball. A true threat to house it every time he touches the ball!!! We need this guy some kind of bad!!! Don't want have to try to catch him!! He looks every bit as fast as O Mac but much quicker and in better control of his body. Hopefully the grass and chalk won't trip him up as much!!

Archived