2013 4* RB Johnathan "Rudy" Ford signs with AU!

minister of music

He also reminds me of another current tiger with that towel hanging out the back. He has turned out to be pretty special himself!! Perhaps our staff can make it a priority to sign backs who have towels coming out like little super hero capes!!!

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like his running style. Hits the hole straight on but has the quick adjustment to change directions. Good size and looks durable. Small school sleeper that would be a great addition. Vandy has relied on the last two season a player named Zac Stacy who played for the Centerville Choctaws in Bibb County another small school sleeper who excelled in the SEC.

"Rudy" is being pursued heavily by Miss St and UT right now. He had a great visit @ UT last week and had an official @ Vandy this week. I know he has been waiting on Auburn but we may have waited too late. I live in the NH community and he has told everyone how impressed he was with Franklin / Vandy. Franklin even flew in and landed his helicopter on the practice field and walked over to see Rudy play against Holly Pond. Rudy reminds me a lot of Cadillac with his cuts/ shiftiness. He is a great student as well so he likes the prospect of the "Ivy League" type education he can get there. I do know he is an Auburn fan and has been waiting on them to offer. He did visit Bama but Saban wouldnt offer him as a RB but would as a DB. Vandy and UT want him to play right away @ RB.

So does this mean Green is out?

No. The coaches want 3 RBs in this class. Ford is expressly recruited for the Omac Role. Green and Barber have priority over Wilkins for the other spot.

So E...with Wilkins out does that mean that we have another one or two mentioned above coming in?

So does this mean Green is out?

No. The coaches want 3 RBs in this class. Ford is expressly recruited for the Omac Role. Green and Barber have priority over Wilkins for the other spot.

So E...with Wilkins out does that mean that we have another one or two mentioned above coming in?

I don't think any of the 3 are committed yet but eventually yes. The coaches want 1 workhorse back from high school in this class.

Ellitor who do you think we have the best shot with then at RB? From everything I've read Bryant is a No, Green is a Michigan lean, who do we have left that can really make an impact?

I don't think Bryant is a No. It depends if he OVs Auburn. I think our best chances are Peyton Barber for the every down back and a toss up between Ford and Folson for the edge spot back.

Figured I would bump this guy's thread. If Folston really does get locked up by ND then I hope we go at this guy hard I really like the way he runs. And you can't coach speed.

The 247 guys on Sirrus this morning seem to think we have a shot with him. They also said that GB and TF were Notre Dame locks. I have tried to not dis-like JC Shurbutt but he NEVER has positive vibes for the good guys.

The 247 guys on Sirrus this morning seem to think we have a shot with him. They also said that GB and TF were Notre Dame locks. I have tried to not dis-like JC Shurbutt but he NEVER has positive vibes for the good guys.

He was the first national guy to call the Reuben flip last June.

Rivals and Scout show him with a 1/25 visit to MSU. Neither site shows him with interest towards AU. Would leave us with only Feb 1 visit or no visit to pull a rabbit out of the hat with Ford. Does anyone know if Ford grew up an AU fan?

Rivals and Scout show him with a 1/25 visit to MSU. Neither site shows him with interest towards AU. Would leave us with only Feb 1 visit or no visit to pull a rabbit out of the hat with Ford. Does anyone know if Ford grew up an AU fan?

Yes and when keeping up with visits and interest 247 is far better at it than Rivals and Scout combined. With it likely Green, Bryant, Folston, and Barber gone I expect Auburn to secure that Feb 1 OV with Ford by early next week.

Yes and when keeping up with visits and interest 247 is far better at it than Rivals and Scout combined. With it likely Green, Bryant, Folston, and Barber gone I expect Auburn to secure that Feb 1 OV with Ford by early next week.

Coaches live for this. It would be great to sit in and listen to their briefing sessions to see how dynamic the real time flow goes There is the outside filtered view of recruiting and then where the rubber meets the road.

Yeah, his stock has really risen lately. They (King and the 247 crew) were talking about him this morning on Sirrus and that with the aforementioned backs all signing elsewhere that AU was trying to steer him toward the plains and away from Cashville.

i think it is safe to say that the coaches are now targeting Mr Ford, since all other plans are not looking so good.

pretty much.

I'm a Vandy alum, you remember, but I think it's gonna be mighty tough to pull a kid from a Vandy commitment. If he's that good, they'll use him next year. They has Zac Stacy and still got time for two freshmen this year. And if you commit to Vandy, you've already turned down the bigger lights for what they're selling. Seems a reach to me, but I dunno. He grew up Auburn.

I'll add. I'd like to get another RB. (Tenpenny is visiting after all.)

But I feel decent with Mason/Blakeley/Grant/CAP, plus some Bray in the slot. That's more depth than we've had some years, when we've even been productive.

Archived