Paper Shakers for UGA

AuNuma1

I heard John Needham (aka King Tiger Tank) on WJOX I think Monday morning and he said that Auburn has ordered paper shakers for the UGA game. I've never been to a game where they used paper shakers but this sounds like a pretty cool idea, for historical reasons I guess.

I don't remember exactly what sections he said that they were going to be passing them out at, but if John wants to comment on it, he's more than welcome. Has anyone else heard about this?

any particular reason they went from paper to plastic? and what year did they stop using paper?

they could recycle the paper on toomers to make paper shakers for game day? (if costs were a factor)

I am pretty sure he'll make another mp3...

Well, you might not prefer his commentaries but you definitely can't knock his effort...to each his own I guess. Plus, he's nuts about Auburn and I definitely don't find anything wrong with that.

When I started at Auburn they were still using paper. Seems like somewhere between maybe 95-97 they started with the plastic thing.

I have read on ITAT that they were suppose to have them at all the book stores to pick up so i headed to Anders today and they looked at me like i was stupid.........so who knows...

If anyone remembers the 1989 Alabama Game - everyone (just about) in the stadium had paper shakers. They created a big blue cloud that lingered over the stadium the whole game. Plus they make more noise when they shake. I think the nostalgia of this game and the importance is what brought them back. I am glad, maybe the dust will get up Greene's nose and he will sneeze the whole game. He is just getting over the flu you know! :au:

Don't get me wrong the shakers "look" cool, but if we wanted J-H to be louder we'd put them down. Rather than cheer or clap or yell, I will see people just shake their shaker and they feel that is enough.

Also, did anyone get their shaker stick "cut" at the Ole Miss game. Several Auburn people got mad, yet I saw Ole Miss fans with their shakers. Go figure.

They couldn't get those inbreeders to stop waving that Confederate flag like the South was gonna rise again. So they changed tactics and banned the sticks. Harder to fly a flag without a stick.

And no, I'm not kidding.

They couldn't get those inbreeders to stop waving that Confederate flag like the South was gonna rise again.  So they changed tactics and banned the sticks.  Harder to fly a flag without a stick. 

And no, I'm not kidding.

120310[/snapback]

Very true. And I understand that was all of Tub's doing, too.

But back to the paper shakers ... I remember getting all of that shaker dust up my snoot at '89 Iron Bowl. My snot was orange and blue for days. War Damn Eagle.

This week's game is the biggest one since then, and it's killing me that I can't make it down. DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I'm gonna be able to sleep till Sunday.

Seems to me like the last time we changed the shakers for a big game was the '01 Bama game - we had the all-orange shakers. After that night, I never saw them again (and we all know why).

What I'm saying is, I'm bringing my plastic shaker and that's that. Why mess with a good thing?

i have been to anders and ive been to Big Blue Books for paper shakers and they have both looked at me like i was stupid for asking about paper shakers...... so much for that idea....

I just got an e-mail from anders and they said they would be giving away paper shakers on Saturday.....

....along with having a LOT of former AU players there for an autograph signing.

It's raining heavily here in Gawga this morning. How is it in Auburn, anyone know? Those paper shakers will bleed dye all over your clothes when wet! (Not to mention, they won't work either!) Hopefully it won't rain Saturday. What is the forecast over there?

It rained hard here also however clear skies are forecasted from now til next thursday... :) High of 63/ low of 53 for tomorrows game...

Archived