Why this game is so huge

PChamp119

I think we can all agree on how big this game is. But I just wanted to throw out a few thoughts:

1) Does anyone even realize we have Alabama next week? No I'm not looking ahead to next week, it's just like, "wow, next week is the Iron Bowl?"

2) Not only is this a game of top 5 teams with a NC hope on the line, but it is possibly the biggest game of the year in all of college football. Certainly OU-Texas and USC-Cal have some input in that, but this is the final of the big 3 matchups of the season, putting that much more into it.

3) With over 200 recruits coming to this game, we all know what Jordan-Hare is capable of doing. An exciting game will really show these recruits something they probably have yet to see at a college football game. A win, and it will be absolutely ridiculous. Big opportunity to land some big time recruits.

4) With this being THE game of the week (if not year), there isn't too much else going around in the nation. No other real big games. That means basically ever AP writer will be at this game to see if Auburn has the team to jump Oklahoma. A win - convincing (though it would be nice to) or not - and most, if not all the writers will actually be watching this. They won't just be reading it in the paper or see the score across the bottom line or see the highlights. Coaches have their own jobs to do, so most coaches can't watch the game, especially with a 2:30 Kick off, but they will be watching the highlights and we all know it will be the main talk of the day. This will give Auburn some huge highlights, maybe moreso then the rest of the season so the coaches can see us better as well.

With that being said, War Eagle and Beat the Dawgs

It's AU/UGA. This year there is a lot at stake for both teams. We have plenty of time to talk about the Iron Bowl and that tenacious defense we'll be facing. For now all I am concerned with are the dirty dogs from athens.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!

I don't think Georgia fans think of it as that big. There season is basically over because they aren't going back to the SEC championship game. They were hoping for a national championship this season, so it's already a bust for them. The reason they think it's big, is they could spoil our title run. Think of how big it would have been if they didn't lose to Tenn. That would have been ridiculous!

Georgia knows they have to win for 2 reasons:

1) They want to get into a BCS Bowl - a W secures that and a Loss ruins it.

2) With the UT QBs hurt, they still have a chance. UT could fall to Vandy.

I don't think Georgia fans think of it as that big.

Uh, wrong

There season is basically over because they aren't going back to the SEC championship game.

Uh, wrong

They were hoping for a national championship this season, so it's already a bust for them.

Uh, wrong for the 3rd time.

The reason they think it's big, is they could spoil our title run.

Of course but it also means beating Auburn for the 3rd straight time...last time we did that was from '80-'82

No offense but please don't speak for us.....

I don't think Georgia fans think of it as that big.

Uh, wrong

There season is basically over because they aren't going back to the SEC championship game.

Uh, wrong

They were hoping for a national championship this season, so it's already a bust for them.

Uh, wrong for the 3rd time.

The reason they think it's big, is they could spoil our title run.

Of course but it also means beating Auburn for the 3rd straight time...last time we did that was from '80-'82

No offense but please don't speak for us.....

120299[/snapback]

by the way, I'm not speaking for you, I'm speaking for the people I know and have talked to about this game and their season....I have about 50 friends that currently go to school at UGA along with my sister, and she works right outside of Richts office. she's his assistants, assistant. They have given up on the seccg because they don't think UT is going to lose. They also think that this season is a bust because they don't really have a chance at the National Championship. Don't get me wrong, most of them are coming down to Auburn to come to the game, and they do think its a big game, but they don't think it's as big as we think it is. After going to the SECCG for a couple of years, not making it can break a season. That is how my friends feel, and also they thought this was the year they win it all. Don't be so quick to judge me, I know a lot about UGA and have for years. I'm from Atlanta so I know a ton of people that either go or went to school there. I know that everyone doesn't think that your season is over or a bust, but many do. Last season after the first two games, a lot of people in Auburn thought the season was a waste because they got their hopes of for a NC. I know it's not exactly the same, because you only have 1 loss. But I am going to say that this game is not as big for UGA fans (at least the ones that I know), than it is for Auburn fans.

I'll also have to disagree on some points. AU/UGA is a rivalry game. It may be bigger for us because it means more to us....this year. But every year, it means alot to come out a winner in this game. I don't qualify UGAs year as a bust, by any means. If we had an 8-1 season, would that be considered a 'bust'? No way!!! UGA is playing for a BCS bowl, which in itself is prestigious. They are playing a higher ranked team. Another reason to want to win. And it's Auburn. This rivalry may not get the attention that AU/UA, UT/UF, or UGA/UF gets, but it is just as important to football in the south. And this year it has national implications. I think AU and UGA have always had a type of 'kinship'. There is much respect between the two schools. We recruit alot of the same kids. It's the oldest rivalry game in the South, and in no way does UGA feel it's just another game.

They have given up on the seccg because they don't think UT is going to lose. They also think that this season is a bust because they don't really have a chance at the National Championship.

So the coaches think this season is a "bust" now? :rolleyes: 1-loss season....why don't we just give up now?

No offense.....but spare me.....I understand what else you wrote and still think some of it is BS but I doubt you nor I will agree on it.

Doesn't matter, WaReAgLe83. There will be ALL kinds of NEW pictures to look at after Saturday night. And it won't be this one :D

They have given up on the seccg because they don't think UT is going to lose. They also think that this season is a bust because they don't really have a chance at the National Championship.

So the coaches think this season is a "bust" now? :rolleyes: 1-loss season....why don't we just give up now?

No offense.....but spare me.....I understand what else you wrote and still think some of it is BS but I doubt you nor I will agree on it.

120352[/snapback]

I never said I know about how the coaches feel. I am telling you how my sister feels. She is a senior and was hoping for at least an SEC championship. But she does feel that beating UF helped a lot. A one loss season would be great for most teams, but my friends think that you are playing too sporadic and inconsistent. Most of them don't think that you will beat us. And none of this is BS. I've talked to all of them throughout the season. They are huge UGA fans and they love going to the games, but this was they year they wanted more. They still believe that the season is worth playing, and beating us would help, but they also know there is almost no chance to go to Atlanta, and same for Miami. How is this so hard to understand? I know it's not a complete throwaway season, but after being in Atlanta the last couple of years, that is something they expected from this season, especially after beating LSU the way you did.

120352[/snapback]

IF the puppies wish to surrender, simply throw that old nasty red towel on the field before kickoff ! ! ! ! :)

(and hold that dog/billy goat so that it will not attempt to eat it! :big: )

Archived