2013 5* CB Mackensie Alexander (Clemson signee)

AuburnWarVet

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not funny to me. i like him. seems sincere.

i do have a question, is this brother a twin? Juco? how are they in the same class?

I am assuming this is his brother. They may be twins :dunno:/>

http://rivals.yahoo....lexander-133860

Yes that is his brother.

He's decent. Maybe overshadowed.

Saw he named a leader today. Anyone know who?

Rutgers

Rutgers? I have never even heard them being in the mix

It has to do with his brothers recruitment and wanting to play with him.

Guy is all over the place, sounds like he is set on playing wherever his brother can get enrolled. His confidence is great and needed as a DB, but he is boarder line arrogant. "I am the hype!" Really, did he say that...

Does anybody have an update on whether as of today, we have or are getting close to offering MacKensie Alexander's brother, MacKenro ? It's a 2-fer more than likely.

Does anybody have an update on whether as of today, we have or are getting close to offering MacKensie Alexander's brother, MacKenro ? It's a 2-fer more than likely.

No word yet.

No word yet.

Thanks E. Crossing my fingers here.

Heard grades is a significant factor with Mackenro's recruitment but who knows. He is a legit prospect and returned like 6 of his 7 interceptions to the house.Just overshadowed by his brother

Somebody tweeted Alexander twins to Clemson. Can anyone confirm?

Not committed. Mackenro does not have a Clemson offer yet.

But Clemson as already shown us that they aren't afraid to offer a kid just to get someone they want more. Maybe after getting burned by Nkemdiche, they'll think twice about it, though.

Thanks Ellitor

Funny thing about the overshadowed brother... Ole Miss offered Denzel Nkemdiche hoping to would help land Robert. Denzel turned out to be the best player on the defensive side of the ball for them this year. Not saying it always works like that, but sometimes, the overshadowed one turns out to be a player as well.

Rumors are that we are evaluating Mckenro and a huge limitation is his ability to get academics in order and get to school. With new signing rules, nonqualifiers still count which would kill us in the long run

Rumors are that we are evaluating Mckenro and a huge limitation is his ability to get academics in order and get to school. With new signing rules, nonqualifiers still count which would kill us in the long run

If true, that is good to hear and a move in the right direction. Then, because of the reason you describe, if he and his brother aren't able to play together with anybody right now he will know we at least tried to get his brother.

I think Mckenro is a really solid prospect. If Ole Miss could get Denzel Nkemdiche in school I don't see how AU couldn't get Mckenro if we start fixing our admissions process for football players

I think Mckenro is a really solid prospect. If Ole Miss could get Denzel Nkemdiche in school I don't see how AU couldn't get Mckenro if we start fixing our admissions process for football players

Hoping this is yellow font. Taking academically challenged kids just has too many risks now, and AU does not reside within tuscaloosa borders. If McKenro can play then I would love to have the brothers, but we will find another way without them if it is better for the team. I would like to see our graduation rate improve.

All that's necessary to do that is get a new University President whose ideas about sports are different from the ideas of our last five or six presidents. Until then, admissions policies for athletes aren't likely to change. The Hooks kid is a prime example.

All that's necessary to do that is get a new University President whose ideas about sports are different from the ideas of our last five or six presidents. Until then, admissions policies for athletes aren't likely to change. The Hooks kid is a prime example.

Changing our standards would be ridiculous in my opinion. It`s is a crutch to these kids who won`t do what is required to live this dream. Looks like his brother did what was required; why couldn`t or wouldn`t he. And more than likely they are one or two and done when they can`t cut it.

the admission requirements are not exactly einstein levels.

i actually would be worried that kids who could not make the minimum admission standards would have the scholastic discipline to succeed in college and therefore would be a disadvantage to the student athlete in the long run. i.e. failing out

as a possible exception ... kinda of a jovon robinson type thing ... if a kid has excelled for his last couple of years of schooling then having a 9th grade suspect english class keep a kid out of college is just stupid. in an ideal world i would like to see some avenue of documented exceptions for kids like this. but they really need to be well above average in the recent years to make up for the substandard work of the past.

Archived