2013 5* CB Mackensie Alexander (Clemson signee)

AuburnWarVet

My best friend's son never could make above 24 on the ACT. His grades were good and he had several leadership positions. Bama gave him some scholarship money. He graduated cum laude, went to grad school and got his masters with a 3.88 average. (was also named most outstanding student in his grad class)

There's a LOT more to a good student than a standardized test!

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My degrees are much more important to me than winning football games. I wouldn't support lowering entrance standards for anyone.

Your priorities are all discombobulated

Have we offered his brother yet? Or any word on if we get a visit before signing day?

Not offered his bro yet and no word on if we get a visit yet.

Have we offered his brother yet? Or any word on if we get a visit before signing day?

Then I doubt we get a new visit. No brother, no visit, no commit.

Then my take is....See ya! unless the brother is a kid that Auburn really wants.

Then my take is....See ya! unless the brother is a kid that Auburn really wants.

Not so fast my friend. The bro has grade issues and may not qualify anywhere.

Agreed. I think somewhere in this thread it was stated that when it comes to his brother it isn't so much an athletic issue for AU as it is an academics issue.

Agreed. I think somewhere in this thread it was stated that when it comes to his brother it isn't so much an athletic issue for AU as it is an academics issue.

Beat you to it. :P

Lower admissions standards to get in a couple football players that cannot make the cut? No thanks. If you can't meet the already modest standards to get in at AU, you are unlikely to be very successful here anyway - and these are still supposed to be "student athletes" right? (Lol)

Lower admissions standards to get in a couple football players that cannot make the cut? No thanks. If you can't meet the already modest standards to get in at AU, you are unlikely to be very successful here anyway - and these are still supposed to be "student athletes" right? (Lol)

The whole post is sarcasm right? If not I hate to be the one to tell ya but............

I think his brother is all that has kept him from committing somewhere already. He is good enough that room would be made for him just about anywhere he wanted anyway, IMO, so what's the rush?

Prowler, Raptor, and Talon sound more ferocious :)

Back to the brother: With the modern SEC recruiting rules, a school will waste a slot in the 25 limit if they sign a guy that does not qualify. It's not just gone this year, it's gone for good as the SEC counts signees, not enrolees. You can't fill the slot back up with an early guy next year.

Does anybody want to spend two scholarship slots to get one player?

How good is that one player?

How will that one player react when his brother isn't admitted and heads off to JUCO in Kansas? Happy camper?

How good is that one player?

This.

Washington seems ready to give up 3 scholly's to get RF. Not saying the other two aren't players (3 stars), but not seeing much going on with them.

The Dareus twins were signed by Alabama out of Huffman with the understanding that one brother would not qualify. I think they got their value out of Marcel. We have the spots available to do this, and yes it is TOTALLY worth doing to get the #4 player in the country and a lockdown cornerback!

Archived