My Daughter Just got Accepted!

mom2kid

Tuesday I had just finished cleaning up after dinner and sat down to relax. Suddenly I heard this screaming and commotion upstairs and went running to the stairs. My daughter came down screaming "I got into Auburn!" We hugged tightly and cried. She wasn't lauging crying she was emotionally overwhelmed. I too was so overcome with the pure joy that my daughter got into her dream school; my alma mater. Coming from out-of-state I had warned her that I could not afford Auburn but now I know I have to find a way. I cannot say no to her now.

First off, congratulations and War Eagle. Second, if she has a certain GPA and certain scores on either the ACT or SAT (I know the ACT was 31 when I got in) then she can get the Academic Heritage Scholarship which basically covers the out-of-state tuition.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats! I'm in exactly the same situation as you, trying to figure out how to make out-of-state tuition fit with the dream of having my daughter go to AU like me. I'm even thinking of moving to Alabama to get in-state tuition. Keep the faith, a way will be made.

Congrats!!! We have a senior at Auburn and have paid out of state tuition for 4 1/2 years...it is brutal! My best advice to have her take some classes at home in the summers to shorten her time at Auburn. Also, look for every scholarship that is out there that she may qualify for. Good luck to you and to your daughter! War Eagle!!!

Archived