Tim Horton to AU

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does Bielema hiring a RB coach get us anything?

My guess is that people are thinking if Arkansas hires a RB coach then Horton would be the odd man out. Unless he wanted to coach TEs/WRs.

Paraphrasing: EDW is saying Larry Porter may also be in contention. Smurphy tweeted he thought it would be a good hire(recruiting and such).

I don't know either of these guys. The only RB coaches I know are Luper and Gran(see a pattern?). I would be concerned if Bielema didn't want Horton to coach his RBs but then Auburn goes and hires him. If he was such a good coach then wouldn't Ark want him? Different schemes not withstanding?

On Dec 23 Arkansas Democrat Gazette stated that Bielema had hired a RB coach that would be made public after bowl games. So I suppose Coach Tim Horton could be a possibility if he is not considering another position at Arkansas. I believe he is Recruiting Coordinator as well as RB coach.

FYI ...

Per Bruce Feldman Tweet @BFeldmanCBS

Washington RB coach Joel Thomas is becoming the new Arkansas RB coach.

My guess is that people are thinking if Arkansas hires a RB coach then Horton would be the odd man out. Unless he wanted to coach TEs/WRs.

Paraphrasing: EDW is saying Larry Porter may also be in contention. Smurphy tweeted he thought it would be a good hire(recruiting and such).

I don't know either of these guys. The only RB coaches I know are Luper and Gran(see a pattern?). I would be concerned if Bielema didn't want Horton to coach his RBs but then Auburn goes and hires him. If he was such a good coach then wouldn't Ark want him? Different schemes not withstanding?

Another option may be that Bielema believes/knows him to be gone and is moving to replace him.

Major Horton told you to cut the fence? Yes he did! Major Horton told you to cut the fence?...........Major Horton is on leave in London!

Another option may be that Bielema believes/knows him to be gone and is moving to replace him.

Possibly. I don't understand why a school would wait to announce him as their RB coach though. Arky is not in a bowl or anything like that.

Horton is an accomplished coach and recruiter. Bielema should keep him as an assistant coach, but it looks like he is not too keen on keeping the Petrino/Smith staff around. Arky's loss will be Auburn's gain.

Sounds similar to us. There were coaches that were not the issue that Gus did not retain, simply to distance the future from the past.

I never have heard the ncaa investigate mr. horton. There lies the difference.

What coaches on previous staff were investigated by the NCAA?

Trooper and I think either Luper or Thigpen.

Archived