Perspective

OpelikaFan

Like the rest of you, I'm excited about this weekend's game. I think it may be the most important game at JH in my lifetime.

But, on this Veteran's Day, let us remember that it is is, after all, a football game.

No matter who wins on Saturday, the sun will come up on Sunday. And somewhere, some young peer of the boys who played that game will die in a foreign land on behalf of us all.

So, let's enjoy the game and enjoy the rivalry. But when we are tempted to feel hate and bitterness toward opposing fans, let's remember what is really important.

War Eagle!

Its a very big game, but I remember last year with SO Cal coming in. We win that one and we are off to the races also. The 1971 UGA game was as big as this one. AU and UGA were undefeated and Sullivan won the heisman on national TV. This is like its suppose to be. Bigger and bigger games at the end of the season. Don't forget the 89 Bammer game.

Well put Opelika. A veteran myself, this day belongs to those of us who have paid our dues to this great nation.

War Eagle!

Archived