2013 3* JUCO QB Nick Marshall signs with AU!

TIGERINATLANTA

i doubt coaches would get angry about it. The only way that should happen is if they pull someones offer and give it to a JUCO. If I were a coach I would want to send my players to a place that wins, and JUCO's will help that happen sooner. Anyone getting pissed from that just needs to grow a pair.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall threw more interceptions than touchdowns this year. Otherwise, his stats were pretty good.

http://stats.njcaa.o...ickmarshall0w6k

We need to check out some those Butler Community College kids. 84-13 and 57-17. Wow.

Butler went 12-1 and beat Hutchinson 2 times 40-7 and 26-16.

http://www.butlergri...012-13/schedule

And this team beat them. Look at the scores.

http://athletics.iwc...?Sport=football

So we're recruiting the Hutchinson Defense that gave up 66 to Butler?

Unless it is a linebacker, I say no more JUCO, we are going to piss some recruits and high school coaches. More worried about the coaches, they help their players evaluate a potential college team as far as the teams roster goes, plugin a few holes ok, but we seem to be getting close to the edge.

JUCOs are upperclassmen and fill a specific need. HS coaches know that they aren't in direct competition with incoming Tr Freshmen, half of whom will redshirt. The only exception is an actual super star out of HS that is college ready who thinks he can start as a Tr Freshman. But, if he is that good, he thinks he can beat out anybody already there anyway. Of course the players that can actually do that after they finally get on a good team are few and far between.

Unless it is a linebacker, I say no more JUCO, we are going to piss some recruits and high school coaches. More worried about the coaches, they help their players evaluate a potential college team as far as the teams roster goes, plugin a few holes ok, but we seem to be getting close to the edge.

JUCOs are upperclassmen and fill a specific need. HS coaches know that they aren't in direct competition with incoming Tr Freshmen, half of whom will redshirt. The only exception is an actual super star out of HS that is college ready who thinks he can start as a Tr Freshman. But, if he is that good, he thinks he can beat out anybody already there anyway. Of course the players that can actually do that after they finally get on a good team are few and far between.

Very well said. How many kids on Notre Dame or UAt got red shirted or played minimal snaps but thought that by their freshman and certainly sophomore year they'd dominate, I'd venture to say most all. Kids think they are good enough regardless of who comes in with them. As far as HS coaches and juco players go its not a big deal at all as long as kids don't get screwed out of a scholarship that they've been COMMITTED AND PROMISED to.

Very well said. How many kids on Notre Dame or UAt got red shirted or played minimal snaps but thought that by their freshman and certainly sophomore year they'd dominate, I'd venture to say most all. Kids think they are good enough regardless of who comes in with them. As far as HS coaches and juco players go its not a big deal at all as long as kids don't get screwed out of a scholarship that they've been COMMITTED AND PROMISED to.

That's right. Of course that can happen with two different HS players too.

JUCO's has high school coaches at one point too. :)

Keith Niebuhr@Niebuhr247

RT @nicmarshall7: I will be taking my talents bac to the SEC at the University of Auburn

So is he actually coming to Auburn or was that tweet some sort of joke?

Keith Niebuhr@Niebuhr247

RT @nicmarshall7: I will be taking my talents bac to the SEC at the University of Auburn

So is he actually coming to Auburn or was that tweet some sort of joke?

Check his twitter link and it appears he is saying so.

I used to slip and say University of Auburn before coming here considering I didn't have too much exposure to AU before my decision. "University of" is extremely common and that is why people say it. Most people fix it by the time they leave

As far as AU vs University of Auburn that is a common mistake that a lot of people make including some coaches. Not a big deal at all and it is silly to try and make it one.

This kids stats are pretty nice. Sounds like a dynamic play maker with the ability to improvise which is what we need and seen very little of last year from our QBs. He threw a lot of interceptions last year (20) but just look at the Arkansas State QB who threw for 16 interceptions his junior year and only 4 under Coach Malzahn and Coach Lashlee his senior year.

I used to slip and say University of Auburn before coming here considering I didn't have too much exposure to AU before my decision. "University of" is extremely common and that is why people say it. Most people fix it by the time they leave

Pat Dye has your back.

So we are bringing him in as a QB? IMO, that is a telling statement being made by the staff on how comfortable they are on the current QB's on the team.

wde

"Nick Marshall has not committed to Auburn at this time. However, I now think it's going to happen on Wednesday. Right now is Auburn wants to review his full transcripts, which they can't do until Wednesday. I think he'll be added to the class then.

Auburn is recruiting Marshall as an athlete. He'll get a shot at quarterback but could also play cornerback, which he did at Georgia."

Bryan Matthews.

So we are bringing him in as a QB? IMO, that is a telling statement being made by the staff on how comfortable they are on the current QB's on the team.

wde

I'm still waiting on something more to say he's in, but somehow I doubt it will be at QB. It not like he set it on fire in JC. But I'm just going on feeling and have no idea lol.

wde

Marshall is taking Mosley's spot. But yea you are on point. Like I said Gus wants to win next year.

wde

Two scholarship QBs is the big reason here.

A JUCO quarterback? It'll never work.

LOL. Yeah. What in the world is Gus thinking? Bringing in a JUCO QB! The man has lost his mind.

One who was already kicked out of an SEC school, at that.

Archived