Did ya'll hear this on Finebaum?

PChamp119

That's weird. Cuz I heard that the SACKS report on David Greene was not a good report and was going to totally devestate him. He won't find out until Saturday evening after McClover and Co. have released the report to the public.

That's weird. Cuz I heard that the SACKS report on David Greene was not a good report and was going to totally devestate him. He won't find out until Saturday evening after McClover and Co. have released the report to the public.

120514[/snapback]

:roflol::D:cheer: good one jaydubb! :lol:

I don't care about no stinkin' SACS.....my sheepskin is hanging on my wall :moon:

120521[/snapback]

good to know youre so loyal. however there are about 26,000 students here who could get screwed.

Yeah, well where were all these 26,000 students, the 26,000 students parents, and about 100 years of alumni when it was obvious the heat needed to be put on to get rid of the BOT and their cronies? Hey, ain't a damn thing I can do about it if no one else cares or are impotent. I've got 3 kids one year apart each that plan to go to AU with the 1st syarting next year. If SACS shuts AU down, I'll send them elsewhere. By the way, all those bitching tenured professors, where is their check gonna come from when the ignition gets turned off?

One thing I've learned about Auburn People is they react instead of plan....

Yeah, well where were all these 26,000 students, the 26,000 students parents, and about 100 years of alumni when it was obvious the heat needed to be put on to get rid of the BOT and their cronies?  Hey, ain't a damn thing I can do about it if no one else cares or are impotent.  I've got 3 kids one year  apart each that plan to go to AU with the 1st syarting next year.  If SACS shuts AU down, I'll send them elsewhere.  By the way, all those bitching tenured professors, where is their check gonna come from when the ignition gets turned off?

120534[/snapback]

thats not really fair...I'm a sophomore and didn't really know a whole lot about anything other than Auburn football before I came here. There wasn't a whole lot I could now about the BOT before I came here. I'm sure the same goes for most of the students. I'll be pretty damn pissed off if nothing I've done for the last two years matters.

SACS WILL N O T BE A PROBLEM. Count on it! :au:

As for green's "sacks" problem, well, that is a different story..... :D

Finebaum is not always right with his info. Remember last Tuesday?

He stopped two times to report that there was very good information that Kerry was going to win. I'm not sure where he said his info came from, but he sure said it. Maybe he's wrong on this.

I have a hard time believing the report will be terrible. Richardson has done some good things and seems to be more in charge than walker. The BOT's do not seem to have the influence over day to day operations as they did previously. I think we have made progress since this time last year and that being the case I don't see how the report can be all that bad.

I have 4 children currently at AU so this is a very important issue for me.

The way I understand it is the SACS report on changes they want to see at Auburn will be discussed tomorrow, not that any sanctions or punishment will be handed out.

Did anyone hear what I heard?

The way I understand it is the SACS report on changes they want to see at Auburn will be discussed tomorrow, not that any sanctions or punishment will be handed out.

Did anyone hear what I heard?

120564[/snapback]

Exactly. The had three recomendations: 1: Fix the BOT relationships with the Atheletic Program 2: Info on how they are going to conduct the president search and 3: I forgot :blink:

The Plainsman wasn't to happy :lol: . On the front page, in bold letters....DEJA VU. Then column right next to that, they talked about replacing Richardson.

To tell the truth I get sick seeing this stuff on and in every single plainsman, week to week. I know it's a problem, but eh...I liked to see some other stuff.

I very seriously doubt that SACS is going to take away Auburn's acreditation. When I was readying myself for graduate school, I nearly left Auburn because of the ABET issues and proration. Nothing happened. I have to believe this is something similar.

As for the relationship between the BOT and the athletic department, where are the TRUE Auburn people that can do something about this?

WDE :au:

I dont think SACS will be anything to worry too much about. The way I see it, the only options are to be taken off probation, left on probation, or to have our accredidation revoked. While I could see having the probation extended as a distinct possibility, I just cant imagine any way they would revoke the accredidation. Especially considering, that no matter what problems SACS has with us, you cant deny that overall things arent going bad at all It's growing every year, and standards are way up over the last few years. Many of the people who were freshmen with me 3 years ago couldnt come close to being accepted now. Just go look at the AUNation home page to see what I mean. Plus, I cant imagine what sort of hell would be raised if you revoked the accredidation of a school of nearly 25,000.

Anyway, thats my take, I dont really know anything, but to me that seems to make sense.

Oh, and Moe, I agree about The Plainsman. It seems more and more like its nothing more than a rag trying to push a political agenda. I enjoy it and all, but seriously, can someone tell me the last time the front page had a headline story about something besides the BOT, Ed Richardson, Diversity, or Alison O'Neil?

:uga::shoot:

Yeah, well where were all these 26,000 students, the 26,000 students parents, and about 100 years of alumni when it was obvious the heat needed to be put on to get rid of the BOT and their cronies?  Hey, ain't a damn thing I can do about it if no one else cares or are impotent.  I've got 3 kids one year  apart each that plan to go to AU with the 1st syarting next year.  If SACS shuts AU down, I'll send them elsewhere.  By the way, all those bitching tenured professors, where is their check gonna come from when the ignition gets turned off?

120534[/snapback]

I was one of those students that walked out and went to Montgomery in protest of members of the BOT. My mother who is an alumni wrote a letter and stopped sending donations due to the BOT, and made it clear they were the reason. Least you have the convience of sending your children elsewhere. Being two semesters away from graduation in two degree's I have to deal with tens of thousands of dollars already spent and the fact that even if I were to transfer I wouldn't meet another universities minimum requirements hour wise to recieve a degree.

Pretty easy to sit there and blame others when your worst consequence is your child might have to go to another university. No money, time, or hard work wasted. Exactly what have you done?

Oh, and Moe, I agree about The Plainsman.  It seems more and more like its nothing more than a rag trying to push a political agenda.  I enjoy it and all, but seriously, can someone tell me the last time the front page had a headline story about something besides the BOT, Ed Richardson, Diversity, or Alison O'Neil?

120590[/snapback]

God, The Plainsman is horrid. I don't know how they win awards, thought someone there told me the advisor's ex is on the award's board. (Forgot the name of the major award they flaunt.) But the articles are horrible. Just look at the guy who almost always has a column at the bottom front page of the Sports section. Those are some of the absolute worst pieces of literature I have EVER read!

And don't even get me started on typos and mistakes...

It's sad really...my gf hated her semester she had to work for them.

i was also one of the students who walked on montgomery. i did it as a freshman, and now i'm three semester away from having two degrees here as well. i have a lot of time, money, and love invested in this university that has nothing to do with reacting or planning. i hope your family doesn't come here to be honest b/c this school deserves better than someone with such thin alligence. so if they're anything like you, keep 'em. those are the kinds of people who come here, complain about stuff, and don't take the time to get involved in the university at all.

there is only so much you can do as a student. i've sat in budget meetings for student organizations and for general funds. i've walked out of class in protest. i've read up and sent in my opinions on candidates for the office of the president (twice), dean of the liberal arts department, and atheletic director. i've written the president to request resignition after petrinogate. i don't know what else you want from a student body that genuinely seems to care about and comprehend the politics behind the business of higher education.

i look forward to becoming an alumni so that i may have even more say in these matters, but it's ridiculous to insult the efforts made by the student body when i'm guessing you have been as involved as a judge in a boxing match. you just sit around waiting to say who won. war eagle anyway and i hope your degree spontaneously combusts.

mcgufcm, you are certainly within your rights to criticize me, it's a free country. You have no idea what I have done for Auburn over the years but you seem to have already painted a picture of me without even knowing who I am. If you would like to find out more about about, go in the lobby of the Lowder school of business, my name is on the wall there. I have fingerprints on stuff all over Auburn. It sounds like you are still a student, you haven't even graduated yet. I will make you a deal, once you graduate and you have held a job for 25 years and you have donated and supported Auburn for 25 years, feel free to email me and lecture me on my short comings. Until then, I would concentrate on which sorority babe you are thinking about asking out for the weekend.....

Sorority Babes?? I'd like to put my fingerprints on a sorority babe. :D

Okay, I'm old and harmless and my wife would kill me. I will say that this discussion points out something very real concerning forums like this. We really don't know much about who's on the other end of the keyboard and there's a lot of preconceived notions I'm sure we all make based on the posts people make. I do think most folks on this board are true AU people or they wouldn't spend time trying to communicate with other AU folks, discussing all that is Auburn. I believe everyone here supports Auburn in their own way.

Archived