NC State just got Mazzoned

StatTiger

Back in 2001, I flew my father down from Idaho to visit during the Christmas Holidays. During his visit down south, we went to the 2001 Peach Bowl, where we witnessed one of the worst prepared offenses of a major Division 1 program. North Carolina blitzed on every passing down, knowing in advance that Mazzone would not attack down field. It was my dad's first Auburn game and bowl game wrapped in one.

The result:

10 points

12 firstdowns

176 total yards

2 of 13 on 3rd down

Tonight, I watched the NC State and FSU game, witnessing something worse than the 2001 Auburn offense in the Peach Bowl. Once again, FSU brought the house on every passing down, knowing that NCSU could not hurt them down field.

The result:

3 offensive points

6 firstdowns ( NONE in the 2nd half )

123 total yards

2 of 17 on 3rd down

I really do feel bad for the Wolfpack fans.

i prefer the term, "Leo'd", yet i can live w/ "Mazzioned"

i work across the hall from a Pack grad/fan who has a degree from Auburn as well, and is a big aubie fan. he & his buds have taken to calling Leo "No Redzonie Mazzonie".

Yet, in all, the wolfpack (and the Chest) are learning that life after Rivers is muddy going.

oooh. that's bad. my apologies.

ct

Mazzone had one play....throw it to the guy closest to the line of scrimmage and make sure he has to wait on the ball for at least 4 seconds.....pray that the closing CB who has sniffed out this play since the year before get's there a little after the ball does and BINGO you got yourself a sure fire 2 yard completion everytime. :big:

two yards four times will get you... nothing. nevermind. he was pathetic here... it's good to know our talent alone made him a little less pathetic than he is there.

i work across the hall from a Pack grad/fan who has a degree from Auburn as well, and is a big aubie fan.  he & his buds have taken to calling Leo "No Redzonie Mazzonie".

Yet, in all, the wolfpack (and the Chest) are learning that life after Rivers is muddy going.

ct

120640[/snapback]

his first name is actually noel. leo is the assistant coach for the atlanta braves.

i work across the hall from a Pack grad/fan who has a degree from Auburn as well, and is a big aubie fan.  he & his buds have taken to calling Leo "No Redzonie Mazzonie".

ct

120640[/snapback]

his first name is actually noel. leo is the assistant coach for the atlanta braves.

120693[/snapback]

LOL you are exactly right! my bad! i knew that!

my apologies to leo's everywhere!

I was arguing with an avid Nole' fan this morning about the game. He, along with every other Criminole, was just dogging out Baby Bowden and his offensive game plan. I asked him how good the game plan would have been had the offensive line actually blocked for one play. He went off on a rant about how it's ultimately Bowden's fault the line couldn't block my grandmother.

I then asked how sorry he thought Mazzone's game plan was last night, given the above referenced stats. Of course, his response was that Mazzone had no chance against the best defense in the nation, PERIOD!

Archived